Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by Lesgold on Today at 01:56:40 am »
The theory is good Jim. That would work as we often find gold in depressions like that. A 20 ton excavator would be just what we need.🥴🥴🥴  Dig a deep hole down to bedrock, wait for the next flood and then come back to find that someone else has reaped the rewards of your effort. 😂😂😂😂 If you we?re prepared to fly out and dig the hole, I?d be more than happy to go 50/50  :cheesy: :cheesy:
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Community Feeding
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 01:16:39 am »
some of us could've done without that mental picture :shocked:

Ain?t that the truth!  :cheesy:
HONEYBEE REMOVAL / Re: This Girl has the JP//Schawee Touch!
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 01:09:16 am »
Yeah, but I bet you don't have long hair!  :wink: :cheesy:
JP not only has long hair, but a beard as well!  Nearly his whole head is covered in hair!  :shocked: His  videos look very realistic to me. (From Start To Finish) :wink: :cheesy:

In fact it is because of, and through his videos I gained information for doing my own cutouts to obtain bees.  Plus he is the one who suggested to me that I join a beeforum since I knew little about bees.; And why I am here at beemaster today.

« Last post by The15thMember on May 20, 2024, 11:34:58 pm »
Yeah, but I bet you don't have long hair!  :wink: :cheesy:  I don't want to speak for Austin, but I don't think it's unrealistic in the sense that she isn't really doing it, just that it makes people assume things about bees and bee removals that aren't necessarily accurate, especially because she isn't showing the whole process.  Not everyone should crack open a bee hive with no protective equipment, and not every bee hive would respond well to it, and unfortunately that's what a lot of people on social media might assume from seeing something like that scroll by in their feed without any context.  I did see her wearing a jacket or a veil in other videos to be fair.  But seriously, I don't know how on earth she can stand having her hair down like that while she's working and how bees are not constantly getting tangled in her hair.  My hair is a little bit longer than hers, and I always have to be careful when I'm around the hives if I have it down.  It's probably the number one cause of my getting stung when I'm in the apiary but not inspecting.  I always put it up when I'm going to be working around or with the bees.   
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Swarm Catching
« Last post by cao on May 20, 2024, 11:10:12 pm »
I have at least three different sized ants that take up residence between the inner cover and top cover.  None seem to bother the bees.  When I see them, I view them as a blessing and a curse.  The curse is that it takes time to get them off the inner cover and there is always several crawling on my hands and arms.  The blessing is that probably 95% of the time there are ants there the bees are doing great.  I guess the heat and moisture that the bees produce makes an ideal home for the bees.
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on May 20, 2024, 09:47:53 pm »
Austin,
Toddler talk, hair down and no PPE. Very misleading, quite unsafe, and totally unrealistic. But it gets lots of clicks!! 

What do you mean Very misleading and totally unrealistic?
I probably did a hundred or so removals. Mostly wearing a T shirt and jeans. Way too hot down here to bee able to work for hours in a bee jacket and veil.
Jim Altmiller
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Community Feeding
« Last post by animal on May 20, 2024, 09:40:27 pm »
I do bees almost naked except that a veil is always involved.
some of us could've done without that mental picture :shocked: "dance of the veils" came to mind :cheesy:
but when it comes to bees, what you've said makes a lot of sense.
The main information is on post 1. It has changed a little. Now you just select the photo you want. Pick up to 4 photos and then hit save.
Jim Altmiller
Try use this to post pictures on an iPhone.

https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=51631.0

Jim Altmiller
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on May 20, 2024, 09:33:16 pm »
Les,
Have you thought about picking a fast moving area and digging a hole in the bottom of the creek so that it would naturally collect the gold nuggets? I would pick a spot just down stream of a big flat rock. Might bee worth trying.
Jim Altmiller
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything