Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Laser projects
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 08:18:02 am »
Here is the plaque that made for Judy.
All these people talking about murdering bees... I'm triggered.
It's the first dry day for over a week so it was the perfect opportunity to recycle some frames from a couple of dead outs that have been sitting around getting infested with wax moth. Got the fire cranked up with some pallet off cuts and loaded the first box of frames into the steamer. Some of the frames were heavily infested so a nice little cook with some steam will help to solve the problem. I?ll leave them in the steamer for about half an hour or so which will then make the frames easy to scrape clean. The residue will be fed into the worm farms where it will be broken down into compost.
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Tornado hit yesterday
« Last post by Occam on May 12, 2024, 11:46:37 pm »
That's progress, a good step forward
I peeked inside the portals on my hives and saw condensation in the top two boxes, I didn't open the lower box because there were some ant cruising around and they have the bottom one sealed up. Anyhow, is that condensation a problem? I was cool last night and warmed up quicky this morning. I have not checked back to see if it's still there but I will.
Thats normal when you're feeding 1:1 sugar syrup.  It's a problem in the fall, thats why 2:1 is recommended for fall feeding.  As the stores dry out it creates condensation.  When your colony builds up to the configuration you want to overwinter in, 2 deeps or 3 mediums in your area, you can stop feeding and add a honey super.  Right now, when you inspect you are seeing stored sugar syrup, not nectar or honey.   
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Follow the Bloom - 2024
« Last post by The15thMember on May 12, 2024, 01:18:35 pm »
 :cheesy:
« Last post by Bill Murray on May 12, 2024, 12:54:57 pm »
Thank you, that file drawer on what ___cose it was needed some oil.
« Last post by The15thMember on May 12, 2024, 12:38:23 pm »
So I think, and someone chime in if this is wrong, But the higher the sucrose content the quicker the honey will set.
Glucose, not sucrose. 
« Last post by Bill Murray on May 12, 2024, 12:10:20 pm »
So I think, and someone chime in if this is wrong, But the higher the sucrose content the quicker the honey will set.
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 12, 2024, 11:36:44 am »
Bill I was mixed up. It was the cabbage palm I was thinking of. I have nine of the three in my area that I am aware of. (canola, cabbage palm, or palomino).

Phillip
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10