Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What Is Everyone?s Bees Doing Outside?  (Read 7798 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: What Is Everyone Doing Outside?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2021, 05:14:21 pm »
It should be fine Jim.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2021, 08:34:05 pm »
I was just joking about the randomness. Hope you didn?t take offense. It looks like a good food plot for the deer too.
I had no idea of where you were coming from.
Still don?t.
Jim Altmiller
Yeah, this thread kind of took an unexpected turn.  :cheesy:  It's my fault for titling it what I did.  Hopefully I'm not the only one who refers to my bees as "everyone".  :embarassed:  :grin:   
That could be a fun thread to start though 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2021, 08:44:15 pm »
Why not keep this thread going as per the subject. I could move it to Gardening Around the House.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2021, 08:56:07 pm »
I?m fine with derailing this train wreck, but I?m game for whatever. :)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2021, 09:43:47 pm »
We're back to this thread chopping question I had a couple of weeks ago.  I'm game for moving the "derailed" section to Gardening, but I'd rather the original beekeeping part stayed where it is so I can easily refer back to it later.  Is it possible to just move the last page or so to a new thread?  If not, we could just start a second thread I guess. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2021, 10:10:19 pm »
If it stays as is you?ll get a little chuckle next time you do refer back to it and remember what happened.

I didn?t mean for that so sound like chopping the thread so much as keeping the fun going. It?s sometimes fun to ramble and poke fun with each
other.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2021, 10:15:33 pm »
If it stays as is you?ll get a little chuckle next time you do refer back to it and remember what happened.

I didn?t mean for that so sound like chopping the thread so much as keeping the fun going. It?s sometimes fun to ramble and poke fun with each
other.

I absolutely agree, under no circumstances do I want this portion of the thread deleted, but I think it might be more profitable if we continued the conversation where it belonged, so that others could more easily join in. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2021, 11:35:38 pm »
15th. I apologize about the disruption. Admittedly, I skimmed through the thread at first and saw it go from what are these bees (people) doing on the outside of the boxes, to feeding and honey comb jars, quilts, inspection temps, feeding temps and styles, mites, quilts, and more. Initially, I thought we were already off the rails and just having a conversation. I was asking an honest question with the inquiry on the slatted rack.

When I just read it back more thoroughly, it all evolved naturally, and I got your thread off the rails with that question. Then Jim came out of deep left field, and I was just having fun with that. No harm intended. But I was holding the spoon that stirred the pot.

Back to where we left off, I think we were on feeding and mites to get your hive through the winter. You said you were not set up for OA. I can send you my old wand and some crystals, meet you off the highway at a Cracker Barrel, mail it or whatever if you want to try OAV on them. I don?t know where you are, but I head west frequently for work and could possibly get it to you. We can?t be more than a couple hours apart. There is a guy that works for me that lives around Marrion/Asheville that could ferry it over too. I just bought the oxyvap110 a while back, so your welcome to take the OA wand for a test drive. Maybe it will knock the mites down.

Personally, I would open my hives any day I wanted to within reason, if you wanted to take a peek inside. I?d just keep it quick if I needed to see cluster size in the cold. Disclaimer: I?m new and young in this adventure. I win some, I lose some.

Maybe I get some eggs from you in the spring and raise a baby Guinevere to carry on in the Piedmont.

Feel free to message me if you want to try the wand and crystals out.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2021, 10:51:42 am »
15th. I apologize about the disruption. Admittedly, I skimmed through the thread at first and saw it go from what are these bees (people) doing on the outside of the boxes, to feeding and honey comb jars, quilts, inspection temps, feeding temps and styles, mites, quilts, and more. Initially, I thought we were already off the rails and just having a conversation. I was asking an honest question with the inquiry on the slatted rack.

When I just read it back more thoroughly, it all evolved naturally, and I got your thread off the rails with that question. Then Jim came out of deep left field, and I was just having fun with that. No harm intended. But I was holding the spoon that stirred the pot.
It's not problem at all, really; the thread was basically on its way down anyway.  I honestly was viewing Jim's post as the true beginning of the derailment, not your question about the slatted rack (not that I'm blaming Jim, as I said before my title was really at fault).  The only reason I'd prefer the thread be separated would be to continue Jim's conversation and for the sake of forum organization.  It's no big deal, so don't feel bad. 

Back to where we left off, I think we were on feeding and mites to get your hive through the winter. You said you were not set up for OA. I can send you my old wand and some crystals, meet you off the highway at a Cracker Barrel, mail it or whatever if you want to try OAV on them. I don?t know where you are, but I head west frequently for work and could possibly get it to you. We can?t be more than a couple hours apart. There is a guy that works for me that lives around Marrion/Asheville that could ferry it over too. I just bought the oxyvap110 a while back, so your welcome to take the OA wand for a test drive. Maybe it will knock the mites down.

Personally, I would open my hives any day I wanted to within reason, if you wanted to take a peek inside. I?d just keep it quick if I needed to see cluster size in the cold. Disclaimer: I?m new and young in this adventure. I win some, I lose some.

Maybe I get some eggs from you in the spring and raise a baby Guinevere to carry on in the Piedmont.

Feel free to message me if you want to try the wand and crystals out.

Thank you so much!  I'm definitely interested!  I'm on my way out the door at the moment, but I'll PM you about it later.  :happy:     

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2021, 11:30:24 am »
I can move the post described but I do not know of a way to change the name of title. Which in all actuality and fairness, is the door bell and key for past, present, and possibly future misunderstandings and confusion differing from what The15thMember original intent of the subject was, bees not people. The escalated confusion is in my opinion is innocent and sort of humorous. Can each of you hold back a smile?

Therefore I have chosen to leave the topic as is >for now<. At least any new poster will have the opportunity to clearly see, the confusion and allow clear hind sight vision to see what the topic original intent is about. Bees 🐝 outside, not people.

I agree with your thoughts of someone posting a similar topic in the outdoor section referring to what people/members, are doing outside. Should make for some interesting comments and conversations . If so I may look again at moving some of these people comments there and deleting the confusion that has followed .

Even still, if I move the post to another section, the title here in general beekeeping would remain the same, leaving the door open for >more< misunderstandings and >people< responses as per the title does suggest, which may leave us right back to where we are now, more post here about what a person is doing outside?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Phillip
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 11:59:51 am by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
Re: What Is Everyone?s Bees Doing Outside?
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2021, 12:40:23 pm »
What?s Everybeedy Doing Outside? ;)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 04:22:42 pm by BeeMaster2 »

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2021, 01:05:48 pm »
I can move the post described but I do not know of a way to change the name of title. Which in all actuality and fairness, is the door bell and key for past, present, and possibly future misunderstandings and confusion differing from what The15thMember original intent of the subject was, bees not people. The escalated confusion is in my opinion is innocent and sort of humorous. Can each of you hold back a smile?

Therefore I have chosen to leave the topic as is >for now<. At least any new poster will have the opportunity to clearly see, the confusion and allow clear hind sight vision to see what the topic original intent is about. Bees 🐝 outside, not people.

I agree with your thoughts of someone posting a similar topic in the outdoor section referring to what people/members, are doing outside. Should make for some interesting comments and conversations . If so I may look again at moving some of these people comments there and deleting the confusion that has followed .

Even still, if I move the post to another section, the title here in general beekeeping would remain the same, leaving the door open for >more< misunderstandings and >people< responses as per the title does suggest, which may leave us right back to where we are now, more post here about what a person is doing outside?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Phillip
I agree, it was a totally humorous and innocent misunderstanding.  :grin:  Here's my thoughts.  Why don't you start a new thread under the appropriate forum heading, and let's continue the "people" outdoors conversation there.  Hopefully, due to more frequent posting in the bee section, the thread will go unnoticed and over time will end up on the next page, where it won't be able to confuse anyone anymore.  Meanwhile, since we'll hopefully keep up this conversation in the outdoors section, that thread will be more visible, and will become the new home for the "people" part of the topic.  Just leave this thread intact and where it is, and it'll just always be here for us to look back on and laugh about.  We just have to cross our fingers that anyone who clicks on this thread won't blindly post based on the title without first reading at least a portion of the thread. 

Anyone reading this thread in the future: If you would like to talk about what you are doing outside today or read more about what actual humans and not my bees are doing outside, please proceed to the outdoors section of the forum to find the new thread on that topic.  Thank you. 

Hopefully that will catch their eyes.  :cheesy:

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2021, 01:09:03 pm »
Lol ok

Per your request, I am leaving the post as is and will be Starting a sister post in the outdoor section.  :grin:

Phillip

UPDATE: Done

Now back to what are the bees doing outside.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 04:23:30 pm by BeeMaster2 »

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2021, 08:45:29 pm »
Well yesterday, when it was 47 degrees, mine sent a bunch out to play. I would like to see them clustered up and not eating all their winter stores.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 08:56:48 pm by BeeMaster2 »
jimmy

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2021, 09:11:58 pm »
My bees did not do much today even though the temperatures were in the low sixties. It was overcast and a misty atmosphere. Even still I expected a little more activity...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:32:05 pm by Ben Framed »