Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Could a mushroom save the honeybee?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Aroc

• House Bee
Re: Could a mushroom save the honeybee?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:17:15 pm »
Very interesting.  Glad to see some of this stuff develope.
You are what you think.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 06:53:21 am »
hopeful

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 07:30:14 am »
Looks like something we could do on our own.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:05:10 pm »
I planted the mushrooms they listed a couple of years ago.  The mushrooms were delicious and the bees totally ignored them.   I'll probably keep the mushrooms around, but so far the bees aren't interested.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 10:39:07 am »
Smallpox has been eradicated from the planet, impossible to test for actions of a mushroom.  Bird flu is caused by a virus, tuberculosis by a bacteria, difficult for a mushroom or what ever to act on both.
Folks, understand a virus is NOT a living organism, just a small piece of DNA in an envelope with a few enzymes.  That's it.  No respiration, no energy requirements, no digestive tract and can be crystallized like sugar or salt.  Yes, I agree virus are weird to say in layman terms.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 03:24:06 pm »
Hey Van, whether it is or whether it ain't is Tomato - Tomoto. I tend to believe it is because it reproduces. Yes in it's on way.

Last November I started taking a herbal class. (awesome!) We've looked at mushrooms a bit last month and some this month. Google Ghost Pipe or Lion's Mane for healing properties or Chaga. I really appreciate modern medicine because it has saved too many lives to count. Modern medicine is limited by - well.., modern medicine. In our class there are those who have used mushrooms in tinctures with remarkable results. These aren't new age air heads wanna be's either. Sometimes it takes a while for modern medicine to catch up. Understandable so, too many lawsuits to jump right out there and make a claim.

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline lazy shooter

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 06:10:08 pm »
Could a mushroom save the honeybee?  No.

I don't think a single thing will save the honeybee.  I believe curing all the ills of the honeybee will be the result of many things, just as the cure for cancer will be multi faceted. 

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 06:53:29 pm »
GSF, yes I am sure there are many undiscovered positive factors with mushrooms and an almost infinite other herbs.  I believe it is proven fact some mushroom inhibits blood clots, that is thin the blood.  Besides they taste good.  However, I did want to point out remedies wether valid or otherwise would seem difficult, to me impossible to prove for an extinct or better stated eradicated small pox.  Of course one could argue how do we know for absolute that small pox is gone from the planet.

Offline Simondsrach

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 11:44:51 am »
This is awesome thank you for sharing.  My brother is a self taught minor mycelogist ... my husband and I forage for medicinal and edible mushrooms all the time.  It's our favorite hobby.   I'm so very interested in all natural bee keeping so this is just amazing

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 03:36:16 pm »
What caught my interest so good was close to the same. I've been into herbal treatment for a couple of years. I started attending a herbal school last Nov. The last two classes we visited mushrooms some each weekend. It's amazing the healing properties of some of those.

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 09:02:48 am »
Well hops kill mites. Why couldn't a mushroom. I don't however buy into homeopathic garbage unless it's scientifically proven.
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

anything