Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Worldwide Beekeeping Member giving Beemaster a try!  (Read 3938 times)

Offline LindsayBrower1

• New Bee
Worldwide Beekeeping Member giving Beemaster a try!
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:16:51 pm »
Are there any other worldwide beekeeping forum members here as well? Im going to give this site a try!
My name is Lindsay Brower, beek since spring of 2014... I had an exciting year and have learned A LOT through DOING. There are no better lessons to be taught than that of  real life, hands on experiences. Each new journey I have gone through has shaped my growth tremendously. I began my beekeeping adventures with two nucs in late April, caught some swarms, had a devastating bear attack, had a quick hand at queen rearing using both cloak board method and hand grafting, assisted in a few cutouts... between loss and gain I ended my first year bee season with 7 hives. I couldn't have done what I have if it wasn't for my great mentor. I am crossing my fingers for continued health of my bees during this cold winter here in the Catskill Mountains.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:47:24 pm by LindsayBrower1 »

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Worldwide Beekeeping Member giving Beemaster a try!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:21 pm »
Sounds like you are doing well.   Welcome to the forum.

Offline thewhiterhino

• House Bee
  • Bee Happy - Ross Knittel
    • pueblo bee rescue
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:05:32 am »
I am on both and also BeeSource. Welcome to BeeMaster Lindsay.
 :cool:
If it was easy, everyone would do it....
pueblo-bee-rescue.com

Offline LindsayBrower1

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:42 am »
Thank you AllenF and thewhiterhino. There is certainly a lot going on over here on Beemaster!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:32:50 pm »
We have seen amazing tree stump hives for Malaysia - large trees, horizontal which have been split and hollowed out, strapped together and several colonies living in each log - usually atop saw horses - they are opened with care ad do little damage to the colonies when netting honey. We have members with only 2 months a year of good weather for bees to forage who do wonders in netting honey - there are so many things when members half a world away share how the do things. I hope you use our search feature if you are interested in "outside the box" (figuratively) beekeeping methods. Welcome.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 06:36:37 am »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:04:42 pm »
welcome Lindsay
is that your babby your holding?
this is my main and worldwide is secondary. just like the feel here

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 09:07:34 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster Lindsley. I have been on several and Beemaster is the best one.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 09:20:07 pm »
Hi, Lindsey. I split my time between here and WB and really enjoy both. Good to see you here.

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 04:24:29 pm »
Yes for the other forums.  I think Bee source has the most posts, Worldwide is kind of new splinter isn?t it?
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 07:17:36 pm »
After 6 years, and over 6 thousand posts, nearly 4 per day during those 6 years, I think I like it here, too. But my wife says I can only be married to one, and that's her. I have to have more than one of everything else.

I was on about 6 forums when I started WWB. John is a member, as is buzzbee and robo, although I do have to admit I am here more than John is there. I figure with more forums, we can reach more newbees and get the "BEE" word out to more people.

I appreciate all who come by WWB now and then, as well as supporting BM. There are a lot of good folks on each, and some double good folks who are on both   :grin:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 01:19:51 pm »
Iddee:

You are to be congratulated, your forum has done amazing - congrats. Very nice law out and easy to maneuver and search. You are right, I honestly rarely leave Beemaster - I don't multitask too well. I have a fair share of stuff I'm doing here too :)

I'm working on tweaking some of the lesser topiced post/categories. Try to consolidate WITHOUT creating more child boards - but there is will always be room for new hot topics.

I know member contributions help your costs, I hope our members cross over to see your forum. You helped us greatly with the required code I asked for - thank you. I will be thank fool every-time someone checks out the Donations link here. Your forum is very nicely done.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 02:37:06 pm »
Thanks, John. I don't look at it as competition. I look at it as two teams trying to help beeks take better care of their bees. It's been a pleasure working with you for those 6 years, and hope to live at least that long to continue to do so. Hopefully, we can get a lot of folks working on both teams to get the word out and help our little 6 legged friends.

PS. I'm only about 12 behind you in post count. You better get busy.   :grin:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*