Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Alrat! I got out of the hospital and like they said in the movies "I'M BACK"  (Read 2805 times)

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
Yep I got out of the hospital after hernia repair surgery.
I had a 2 inch tear high and a 7 inch tear midways of my stomach and they found another  1 1/2 tear on the right side.
I look fit to be tied, I got a drain tube in each side of my lower stomach.
I also have around 250 staples right down the middle of my stomach.
They said not to lift anything over 5 pounds for 16 weeks.
Anyhow I'm going out to the wood shop tomorrow and paint some boxes.
I don't think the paint brush will be that heavy.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
I'm glad you're up and around. Don't push it, you'll get tired faster than you expect.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Glad to hear you're back at it. I'm guessing more like "paint A box tomorrow."
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Take it easy Capt. it's gonna take a while. We ain't as young as we once thought.  :brian:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Welcome back Capt. Take it easy now. Pop those sutures and not only will you bee back in the hospital and laid up for a lot longer than a few weeks.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline LaurieBee

• House Bee
  • I'm loving bees today. Interested in learning.
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 02:37:58 am »
Welcome back, Captain.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Dang it Capt! You better lay low for a couple of weeks anyway. I had one a couple of years ago. On my right side below the belt angled toward you know where. About a 6 inch cut. I stopped taking pain meds about the second or third day when I got home. I wanted it to hurt so I wouldn't have to have the repair repaired. I suddenly found myself talking to several men who had screwed up and jumped right back into their normal lifes. They ended up with more surgeries, surgeries as in plural.  For two weeks my wife had to help me get up and down or out of bed. I was cut right in the muscles that moved when ever you done anything. I was out of work for about 5 or 6 weeks. It was painful but I don't regret stopping the meds.

Certainly glad to have you back, but please don't over do it. I got up and walked around every day. I believe you need to be mildly active but be ever so careful about what you call active.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
Glad it came out alright Capt.  Do us newbees a favor and stay close the computer for the next 4 months.  You'll be a bigger help to us than to the bees right now. :angel:  Heck, a decent frame of honey weighs more than your weight limit! :bee:
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline nella

• House Bee
Welcome back Captain, it is always nice and educational to listen to old-timers!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Listen to your doctor & heal up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
Re: Alrat! I got out of the hospital and like they said in the movies "I'M BACK"
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 12:16:56 pm »
now you got time to finger out how to make videos.

Like to see ya progressing back. stay well