Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 2465 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Merry Christmas
« on: December 25, 2005, 03:02:04 pm »
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everybody and hope your Christmas and New Years will be Great!!!!  Happy Hollidays All!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 03:47:36 pm »
Thanks professor, same to you. Don't let your brains to stop. We need them!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Merry Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 06:35:10 pm »
Quote from: Finsky
Thanks professor, same to you. Don't let your brains to stop. We need them!

:lol:   :wink:  My Buddie Finman
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
Merry Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 11:55:30 am »
Merry christmas guys....and gals :). now where is that christmas emoticon.....
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Merry Christmas
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 01:35:08 pm »
Hey TWT!!!! Hope you had a great Christmas too - we, the dedicated staff of Beemaster Central (me and Ladybee - lol) are busy cooking and playing with toys :)

The new 19 LCD Flatscreen in the kitchen workstation (main home pc) is super sharp and very bright, it honestly outshines my Dell screen which I moved to the bedroom desk.

So we are wirelessly networked, have a 6GB Mp3 player a nnew monitor and now I'm pulling my hair out about this:

I uninstalled (or at least attemped to) Norton security suite, because my ISP Comcast offers free McAfee virus, firewall and personal security software. But, when I uninstall Norton, i get a missing ccCommon.msi message which messes with my Media Player which either 1) announces with a window and loud thunk INSERT A DISK TO CONTINE or 2) gives me an error message after closing media player.

Now, the media player is XP Media Edition, in otherwords: my TV, Radio, video, radio and image and sound file collection ALL MANAGED by the Media Player - a feature I use every day for hours and hours.

Let me add.... I uninstalled the prepackaged Norton Before, the same thing happened, except it specified drive names in the INSERT DISK message.

Both then and now, I installed the McAfee software which seems to work well, except for that pop-up INSERT A DISK window WHICH will not go away, I need to drag it out of the way.

After the first uninstall of Norton, I ended up doing a Destructive Recovery with the help of HP - I don't want to do that again, surely there has to be a better way.

I'm going to repost MOST of this message under a different post name and see who can advise me on what to do - it may be a matter of ORDER of doing things - maybe I need to install McAfee first, then uninstall Norton. I have no clue.

But right now, I have firewall protection only and I'm not opening any mail until I get virus scan in the PC. But the Norton is Uninstalled now and it does not have a reinstall option in add and remove or in the programs listing after the green start button of Windows.

I did make recovery disks and have Drive D as a recovery drive in the computer, but I'm not sure if Norton is easily accessable or zipped together with multiple other files on these disks - ugh.

The third option (which I don't think will work) is to download the purchased version of Norton, my fear there is that it will not repair the cccommon.msi file - and this would be $50 tossed down the toilet.

I like the McAfee interface, get it included with my ISP service and want Norton out of there, AND STILL HAVE all my programs work, is THAT too much to ask - double ugh!

Any ideas????

Again, Happy New Year - gee, I wonder if THAT PHRASE will be NEXT on the Politically Correct List, or will I have to wish you an Enjoyable 1/1000th of a millenium or maube have to say Happy next 365 days!!!!

Merry CHRISTmas - and to those that insults, you need to respect others and not just expect others to bend for you!!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything