Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Vaporizer  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Dale

• New Bee
    • Northeastern PA Beekeeping
Vaporizer
« on: November 06, 2005, 05:00:46 pm »
I just finisher building a vaporizer prototype, si,ilar to the JB200.  The 12v heat source that I used was a 1990 VW deisel glow plug.  It easily reaches vaporization temp, and is small enough to fit into the front entrance.  I wired it, with an old extension cord, that I cut in half, and used the plug portions for the battery disconect, and hard wired the other side to the battery terminals and glow plug.  Using a teaspoon of wood bleach, I inserted it into the hive.  It took about a minute to start, and a total of 4 minutes to complete.  There are a few minor things to take care of, mostly for ease of use, but the grand total was 20 bucks!  

Also by using an extension cord, I can virtually eliminate carrying a battery around. You simply plug it in the middle of the vaporizer and battery.  I figure I can get a used battery at the junk yard, but then decided to go that route instead.  The glow plug was about 12 bucks at the Auto Zone.  

Thye acid tray is rectangular, and a potion of it actually wraps aroung the tip of the plug.  Maybe I'll try to post a picture if anybody is interested.
Dale Richards
Dal-Col Apiaries
Drums, PA
www.hazleton.net/users/dalcol

manowar422

Vaporizer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 12:11:55 am »
Maybe I'll try to post a picture if anybody is interested.

Please post the pics :)
Thanks

Offline Dale

• New Bee
    • Northeastern PA Beekeeping
Vaporizer
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 01:07:51 pm »
I am so sorry it took so long to reply.  I did not know I couldn't upload pics to this forum, or if you can, can't figure it out.  I threw together a website. Go to the gadget page and check out the photos.  The vaporizer works really well

www.dalcolapiaries.com
Dale Richards
Dal-Col Apiaries
Drums, PA
www.hazleton.net/users/dalcol

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Vaporizer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 01:16:01 pm »
Check this out on posting pictures;

http://beemaster.com/beebbs/viewtopic.php?t=1215
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline super dave

• House Bee
Vaporizer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 08:51:12 pm »
what is a vaporizer use for
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Vaporizer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 09:57:14 pm »
Vaorizing Oxalic Acid to treat for Varroa mites.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything