Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Paint strainers  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Paint strainers
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:42:41 pm »
Went to 2 Lowe's and a Home Depot and it seems like they no longer carry them around here.   The one lady at Lowe's said she keeps getting people asking for them.   Anyone else having them disappear???

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline BenC

• House Bee
Re: Paint strainers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:06:37 pm »
My local Ace hardware has them, as does Pittsburgh Paints.  don't know about the Lowes or HD here.

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:53:37 pm »
Don't know if it would work for what you want but you might try:

I hate to say the word " WalMart " , in the sewing material they have bolts nylon veil netting , I use it to strain my honey, wax, and even made my bee veil to fit over my cowboy hat !!

For 1 yard length about 2 yards wide I believe it was 89 cents.

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:02:39 pm »
walmart is awesome!!!   :-D

that's good to know.   cheaper than the cheese cloth i have been using.  thanks for the info.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 01:19:10 am »
They moved where they kept them at my Lowes... had to find a rep and ask to locate them last week... I had overlooked them twice in my searching, gotta start taking my bifocals in with me.  8-)
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 08:07:03 am »
Where they still in the paint section?   I asked an associate in the paint section and she said they no longer had them.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 12:40:35 am »
Every time we learn where every thing is they move things around.
Just like the answer, every time we figure that out, they change the question. :roll: :shock: ;) :)doak.

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 01:56:36 pm »
Yes still in the paint section but over by the drop cloths and such insted of by the buckets and sprayers.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline handymandave

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 05:38:38 pm »
Home Depot, Sherwin Williams and Lowes all have them here, with the paint sprayers. (Kind of critical not to have chunks in stuff you want to spray! LOL)