Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee-o-pac  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Gware

• House Bee
Bee-o-pac
« on: February 18, 2009, 05:44:15 pm »
Has anyone used this system to make comb honey ,any advice on comb honey production?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Bee-o-pac
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:06:32 pm »
I've tried it.   I've had mixed results.  As with most cassette systems you have to crowd the bees up into them to get them to draw them.  If they only draw half of them, the others go to waste.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:50:31 pm »
so are the ross rounds better?  or which works best/reasonable cost???

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:04:33 pm »
>so are the ross rounds better?

They have their advantages.  You still have to crowd them.  But youc an reuse any partially filled or unfilled ones.  Also you get a FULL comb instead of a half comb.  The Bee-O-Pacs have no center wall.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:15:39 pm »
I used the Bee-O-Packs for years.  The same ones unfortunately :(  I obviously didn't get the hang of using them so after a couple of years of the bees ignoring them I sold them to someone who wanted to try their hand at it.

I have much better luck with the Drapers comb honey system, but they are not making them anymore.  :'(  It's too bad because they are really a great system to use.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 07:17:53 am »
I agree.  I think Draper's system was the best and simplest to use on the market.  One of these days I should market the one I have in mind.  But I never get around to building it.  :)
-------------------

anything