Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Did she jump or was she pushed part 2.  (Read 1475 times)

Offline jojohoneybee

• New Bee
Did she jump or was she pushed part 2.
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:02:02 pm »
Well after the surprise of mystery marked queen now I can not find any or any evidence of one.  It has been 5 days since the sighting of the mystery queen.  Here are some photos.  The population in down but well tempered.  Do I wait or requeen??

Offline jojohoneybee

• New Bee
Re: Did she jump or was she pushed part 2.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:02:39 pm »
Cant get the photos to post but please help!!

Offline rockfordbeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:28:47 pm »
Jo Jo

Sounds like she may have died or just left. I had the same thing happen to me just recently. I started in the end of may with two packages. In three weeks, one hive was starting to look awfully confused. The frames had very little comb drawn out and no brood. I hunted for a queen to replace her with and the local supplier (expert) advised me to combine the two hives. They came together quite nicely and are growing every week. I am new to this endeavor and already hooked. My neighbor got me started as they are up in years and can't handle it physically. They enjoy coming over to check everything out. They have been coaching me. I hope you can purchase another queen soon if the hive is large enough to store enough honey to winter over. Make a few calls to the nearest supplier. Get her soon.
Hope it turns out OK for you, Rockfordbeeman

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 06:16:04 pm »
    I haven't read all of part 1, but if there is no evidence of her (eggs or young larvae) I would requeen soonest.  I think it says a lot that they are mellow if they're queenless.  But I would definitely requeen.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything