Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: mmmm smells good!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
mmmm smells good!
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:03:24 pm »
Ok guys, how come no one told me how good wax foundation smells????  :shock: I got my box from Dadent, opened it up to see what It looks like as I've never seen it before...oh my goodness, it smells sooooo gooood! sweet like honey, spicy & woody all at once!  Is this what all beeswax smells like?  I'm makin candles if it is!!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline dlmarti

• House Bee
Re: mmmm smells good!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:02 pm »
Ok guys, how come no one told me how good wax foundation smells????  :shock: I got my box from Dadent, opened it up to see what It looks like as I've never seen it before...oh my goodness, it smells sooooo gooood! sweet like honey, spicy & woody all at once!  Is this what all beeswax smells like?  I'm makin candles if it is!!  Jody

Wait till its filled with honey, its an amazing smell.
During the height of summer that same smell is just rolling out of the hive.

Its like all your childhood memories of fields, woods, hiking, and long walks distilled into a single scent.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:21:08 pm »
i have been taking the honey out of the comb that i got from the cut out i did.  it's sitting in front of the pellet stove dripping and the whole house smells like honey and wax.  it's great!

on a warm day, you'll be able to stand in front of your hives and smell it.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 10:59:28 pm »
>Is this what all beeswax smells like? 

No.  It's what the perfume they put in foundation smells like.  Beeswax has a much more earthy smell mixed in with a honey smell.  But it still smells nice doesn't it?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything