Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MET W/ INDIANABROWN!  (Read 1547 times)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
MET W/ INDIANABROWN!
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:46:26 am »
I will have a few pics to post in photo section later this week. Just wanted to say I was in Indianapolis and PM'd Indianabrown. He called and we got together at his home. He was a gentleman and showed me and a friend some of his and his neighbors hives. Some neat things. Also gave us some hotdogs w/ his Hometown Chili. Brought in bulk and dispensed for special occassions. Its from New Castle, Pa and it was awesome . Felt honored to share in his "private stash." His hives are all cedar long hives and uses drone frames as supers. The hives are furniture quality. Beautiful hives. Made by his neighbor who was also a great guy to meet. We also met the wives and kids. The kids were right in the hives w/ the adults and are totally acclimated to hive life. Very nice to see. Indianabrown should be congratulated, as he has gotten his neighbor and an additional friend started in beekeeping w/ help and swarms. Spreading the bee gospel as it were. Also had time to see a new part of our great country and loved it. Went to a winery(Oliver winery) in Brown County Indiana. Most beautiful gardens w/ hundreds of wild/native perenials. No honey bees were seen. Lots of bumbles. They also sell mead. The bottle is beyond comparison in its beauty w/ bee art. Bees on the cork, raised from the bottle, inside lables on coreopsis, outside label. Everywhere and so integrated. I didn't see all the detail, I just bought it to have an example of mead should I make any. Now I will keep the bottle as a decoration instead. Might have to buy some more bottles. I will go back as we have friends there. It was great to see new things in our land. We will be making some plans w/ this couple to see a part of the country that none of us has seen before. Dont know where that might be, but look forward to going no matter where it is. New places, new adventures.

Also, thank you Indianabrown for sharing your time, home, friends and food.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline IndianaBrown

• New Bee
    • Family Homeschool Blog
Re: MET W/ INDIANABROWN!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:00:28 am »
Thanks Konasdad.  It was great to meet you!

Here is a photo from your visit. 
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=10485.0

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: MET W/ INDIANABROWN!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:56:54 am »
Wonderful, visiting, so happy for you guys.  I didn't get to see the picture yet, sometimes Imageshack takes so long to down load a picture I get tired of waiting.  Maybe it will be easier to download tomorrow.  Have a wonderful day, great life, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything