Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: F150 Lightning gets the thumbs down by one owner.  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: F150 Lightning gets the thumbs down by one owner.
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2023, 12:10:12 pm »
I remember when the left (particularly Ralph Nader) were pitching a fit about how little cars (particularly Corvairs and VW beetles) were too dangerous and should be outlawed... now he wants SUVs outlawed because they are dangerous to the small cars...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
Re: F150 Lightning gets the thumbs down by one owner.
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2023, 03:10:18 pm »
We wouldn't have the money to buy gas guzzling trucks when we DON'T NEED THEM.

I know you are just chain yanking, but you bring up something that I always find interesting.  Who gets to define need and what are the parameters?

Example: I have a friend who was in a very bad car accident. She was driving a small car.  After that, she was never comfortable in a small car so she bought large, less fuel efficient but safer in her mind, cars.  Would her psychological need count? 

What exactly is the definition of need?  Do I need to transport big stuff in my big truck?  Maybe we could have a trip permit system so that I'd have to justify my need to take my truck somewhere?  Do I have to justify my need before I can even buy one?  The questions this brings up are endless, but they all boil down to who defines need and how...and by what right do they have the power?
Coincidentally, her need is the same as leftists, psychological help. :cheesy:
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)