Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When will the ignorant get smart  (Read 7553 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
Re: When will the ignorant get smart
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2022, 08:57:28 am »
I am bumping this per renewed interest of discussion on another topic.
You are beating a dead horse and showing your ignorance.  Although well within the topic.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2022, 09:07:26 am »
I am bumping this per renewed interest of discussion on another topic.
You are beating a dead horse and showing your ignorance.  Although well within the topic.

On the contrary, If anyone is showing their ignorance that would be you. I bumped this topic especially with you in mind since you decided to take the subject up one again on another topic concerning Ukraine and Rand Paul. Apparently you haven?t gotten covid iout of your system. You don?t have to thank me, my complements. lol  :tongue:
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2022, 09:39:50 am »
A TOTAL SHAM:
Liz calls out CNN for literally proving the Left?s science is fake. Is she correct?
No, she is showing her stupidity.
Answwer one question Phil:  Why did Trump get vaccinated after having covid?

To be clear. displayed on the video: 
A TOTAL SHAM:
Liz calls out CNN for literally proving the Left?s science is fake
; is the display on the heading of the video.

>No, she is showing her stupidity.

Is she?
I will ask you a question. Why did so many including many in the White House take the vaccination plus booster after booster and still get covid?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:48:00 am by Ben Framed »
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2022, 09:10:35 am »
I will ask you a question. Why did so many including many in the White House take the vaccination plus booster after booster and still get covid?
Because the vaccine increases you chances of living through covid.  It does not prevent you from getting a mutation of the covid virus.  Had the world been able to get the new tech vaccine the virus would not be able to mutate.  Now the virus is the China virus because like many in the US they refuse to help themselves by accepting help from the west.  So far the mutations are less deadly but there is no guarantee this will continue.  Not getting vaccinated keeps the deadly version alive with a possibility of it getting worse.  So do you want to be smart or do you want to be ignorant?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2022, 09:20:49 am »
Who knows Ace, with your reasoning, if we get 8 boosters we might not even catch a cold?   :wink: After you!  lol. Okay  Even when the inspector general of WHO tells you, you still won't believe it. As in reply 73. I have come to the conclusion you had rather argue than debate...  I would rather believe you are neither unformed or ignorant but  just love to argue for the sake of arguing.  But honestly, Im beginning to wonder!   :shocked: :cheesy: :wink:

Even so still luv you Ace!  :grin:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:43:15 am by BeeMaster2 »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2022, 11:45:49 am »
Because the vaccine increases you chances of living through covid.  It does not prevent you from getting a mutation of the covid virus.  Had the world been able to get the new tech vaccine the virus would not be able to mutate.  Now the virus is the China virus because like many in the US they refuse to help themselves by accepting help from the west.  So far the mutations are less deadly but there is no guarantee this will continue.  Not getting vaccinated keeps the deadly version alive with a possibility of it getting worse.  So do you want to be smart or do you want to be ignorant?

You are a little right and a lot wrong.  The vaccine was good for a segment of the population.  Most of the population was never at serious risk from the virus and we know this from multiple studies around the world.  Children were the least likely to have any complications from the virus.

At this point, pushing the vaccines is about profit, not need.  You constantly go on about greedy corporations and you have an example right in front of you.

Not getting vaccinated does not keep the deadly version alive.  It has already burned through.  This virus, as with most, has mutated down.  We also have studies showing that natural immunity from these versions gives better coverage than vaccines. 
It is highly unlikly that there will ever be a vaccine that will cover this virus.  For a small segment of the population, the vaccine might be worth the small amount of help it offers in the same way the flu vaccine offers a small amount of help to some each year.

The common cold is caused by various coronaviruses.  People have wanted to cure the common cold forever.  If they can't do that, they are not going to cure this version of the virus by repeated vaccines that have marginal efficacy. 

There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2022, 02:28:04 pm »
Children were the least likely to have any complications from the virus.
Some died.  As a rule the younger you are the less developed your immune system is which is why breast milk is so much better then formula.  There should not be a formula crisis but in this country there is.

At this point, pushing the vaccines is about profit, not need.
I will grant you that there is some of that.  The present administration is offering the vaccine at no cost so at least the people without means are not getting hosed.

Not getting vaccinated does not keep the deadly version alive.  It has already burned through.

It sure does otherwise China would not be affected.
We also have studies showing that natural immunity from these versions gives better coverage than vaccines. 
Any dame fool can do a study, doesn't mean its conclusions are sound.
The common cold is caused by various coronaviruses.  People have wanted to cure the common cold forever.
Vaccines are after the fact.  You can't create a vaccine for something that doesn't exist yet.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2022, 07:28:23 pm »
Some died.  As a rule the younger you are the less developed your immune system is which is why breast milk is so much better then formula.  There should not be a formula crisis but in this country there is.

Over 75% of the documented deaths in children occurred among those with other medical issues like cancer.  For them, the benefit outweighed the potential risk of a vaccine that had not been tested, much less tested in children. 
The number of children overall who have died from COVID is statistically 0. 
We do not know the vaccine injury rate for children.  We do know that most other countries are not pushing the vaccine on young kids unless they have underlying conditions. 

I am OK with you putting an untested vaccine that is not needed into your child.  That is your choice and you have to live with the consequences. 

I will grant you that there is some of that.  The present administration is offering the vaccine at no cost so at least the people without means are not getting hosed.

No, but the taxpayer is.  + these companies can't be sued so they have nothing to lose if this goes sideways.  They have everything to gain by pushing it.

It sure does otherwise China would not be affected.

that makes no sense.  1st we don't really know what's going on in China and 2nd they tried to keep everyone locked up so that they didn't get the virus.  If they (and we) had done more like Sweden and taken care of the vulnerable while letting everyone else get on with it, we'd all be in a better place.

Any dame fool can do a study, doesn't mean its conclusions are sound.

Silly me.  I forgot that we only follow the science that we agree with!  Sorry.

Vaccines are after the fact.  You can't create a vaccine for something that doesn't exist yet.

Pretty sure the common cold exists.  Pretty sure they have IDed several coronaviruses that are responsible.  Want to try that again?
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2022, 09:32:24 am »
the benefit outweighed the potential risk of a vaccine that had not been tested, much less tested in children.

Tests were required for FDA approval so you statement is false.
We do not know the vaccine injury rate for children.
And never will because the TESTS did not show injuries in significant numbers.

No, but the taxpayer is.  + these companies can't be sued so they have nothing to lose if this goes sideways.  They have everything to gain by pushing it.
  Well that is corporate America.  Can only be controlled by regulation.

1st we don't really know what's going on in China
Apparently you don't.

and 2nd they tried to keep everyone locked up so that they didn't get the virus.

They locked people up when there is an outbreak to prevent it from spreading.  This does work at a heck of a cost.
If they (and we) had done more like Sweden and taken care of the vulnerable while letting everyone else get on with it, we'd all be in a better place.
Easy to say when you are using a crystal ball.  I prefer to follow people that have knowledge, experience and science.  What Sweden did would work for states like Utah, Wyoming and the like.  If both these states lost their entire population it would be a tragedy but it would not have made a significant difference to this country.

I forgot that we only follow the science that we agree with!

Here again a study doesn't make it science.

Pretty sure they have IDed several coronaviruses that are responsible. 
No kidding!  And the vaccines were made to counter act them.  They can't make a vaccine for something that doesn't exist without guessing.  Guessing is what is done for the flu vaccines and would be even worse for the common cold.  What is remarkable for the covid vaccine is the time it took from identifying the corona virus to the distribution of a vaccine that worked.  The US dodged a huge bullet.  I don't think that same luck will happen with the Putin war unless the reunification of Europe with the US puts Putin down.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2022, 02:43:52 pm »
Tests were required for FDA approval so you statement is false.

When a new drug or vaccine comes along it takes years for the FDA to approve because the testing process takes years.  This was not done in this case.  There had been adult testing long ago before the mRNA vaccine was shelved, but not in children.  Before it was released to children in this case, there was a very little testing done for kids with this vaccine and no long term evaluation.  They did some kids, the kids didn't die, and the vaccine was approved.

Even as this was happening, one of the developers of the mRNA vaccine type was warning that this should not be given to young kids because of the unknowns about this kind of vaccine and the long term implications. 

So again, you make your choice, but with almost no risk to children from this virus, I don't see the upside to experimenting on them. 

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2022, 08:58:26 am »
They did some kids, the kids didn't die, and the vaccine was approved.
Previously they did not give the vaccine to kids and some died so I know what risks I would take with my kids.  Die now or worry about maybe something bad might happen...
No one was forced to take the vaccine even though it would have been a better outcome for all of us.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2022, 03:49:39 pm »

Previously they did not give the vaccine to kids and some died so I know what risks I would take with my kids.
No one was forced to take the vaccine even though it would have been a better outcome for all of us.

> I know what risks I would take with my kids. Die now or worry about maybe something bad might happen...

Goodness!

That is your opinion and absolutely your choice; But based on what? The science recommended by whom?  Biden lol ? Or Mr Science himself Old Fouch? The choice to give it to your kids is yours and yours alone. The following has already been reveled to you by The WHO Inspector-General (himself), in reply 73 on this very topic!

????

"So, if its going to be used it's, better to focus on those groups who have risk of sever disease and death, rather than as we see some countries are using to give boosters to to kill children which is not right. "

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2022, 08:20:02 am »
>Tests were required for FDA approval so you statement is false.

And the Vaccine being distributed  is still not approved...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2022, 09:05:37 am »

And the Vaccine being distributed  is still not approved...
Beating a dead horse...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline salvo

• Field Bee
Re: Big Lies
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2022, 12:09:13 pm »
Salvo

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Re: Big Lies
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2022, 01:31:32 pm »
I have no idea where to put this on this forum.

Can't speak to much of this and don't know the author, but there is much yet to be learned about this vaccine and if it's bad, we will learn the hard way.

We do know that the vaccine type was shelved in the first place mostly because it didn't really work.  The argument now is made that more people would have died without it, and there may be some truth to that with high-risk people, but this does not take into account that the virus has mutated down.  We can't really evaluate how many might have died or not without the vaccine.

There really was not a good reason for otherwise healthy people under the age of 60ish to get vaccinated.  There was no reason at all to start giving it to kids...or no reason we know of?

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
Re: Re: Big Lies
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2022, 08:15:16 am »
Can't speak to much of this and don't know the author, but there is much yet to be learned about this vaccine and if it's bad, we will learn the hard way.
You mean like the people that died because they didn't get it?

We can't really evaluate how many might have died or not without the vaccine.
We certainly can.  It is called mathematics.
There really was not a good reason for otherwise healthy people under the age of 60ish to get vaccinated.  There was no reason at all to start giving it to kids...or no reason we know of?
Spewing misinformation again...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it