Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bias  (Read 562 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
Bias
« on: January 20, 2021, 06:52:39 pm »
What is the bias of moderators supposed to be? Neutral or right or left-leaning? Just asking as some would say :wink:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bias
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 08:09:11 pm »
Our bias is keeping this site family friendly. Most of us are constitutionalist.
Jim Altmiller

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 10:18:25 pm »
Cider, with some of the trash you and I have gotten away with here, I don't think there is much bias at all. :wink: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 05:29:48 am »
Depends were you're coming iddee depends were you're coming from and I don't mean physically. :wink:

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 09:44:54 am »
You and I come from totally different spectrums and we both have gotten by with near murder on here. I think they do a great, well balanced moderation.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 10:29:02 am »
I think that everyone outside of the US on this family friendly international beekeeping forum can see which side the bias is on Cider.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 12:07:09 pm »
I think that everyone outside of the US on this family friendly international beekeeping forum can see which side the bias is on Cider.

Skeggley do you really think everyone outside of the US can not only see bias, but which side the bias is on as you stated? I am sure every free born American member here has an opinion of the current state of affairs going on here in America. Are they not entitled to post that opinion, moderators included? It is my opinion that international members including you and Cider are also welcome to add your opinions: This fact in itself shows un-bias. Where has any moderators decision resulted in bias?  On the contrary. I also notice you were quick to mention the words > family friendly international beekeeping forum < . As I recall you once posted profanity here in the coffeehouse and was quickly, and publicly corrected by one of the moderators for such, reminding you that this is a family friendly site. Could it be you may be harboring prejudiced or bias toward the moderators here as a result? I am not a moderator here or affiliated with beemaster any more than being a member here, same as you.  I enjoy posting here among friends with good honest debating. I would not like to see this heading ruined especially from what may be unsubstantiated accusations of bias. This is one members opinion.
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 01:33:46 pm »
Skeggley, all members may be able to see which side has the most members here, but I dare say you cannot show me an example of bias toward either side.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Bob Wilson

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 02:15:20 pm »
I am grateful that the political bias of beeks, which seems as strong as all the other beek biases we have, tends to stay HERE in the Coffee-House. Out in the regular bee threads, I always feel everyone has my best intention at heart, and the only bias is towards making an enviroment that aims at helping me to succeed as a beekeeper.
It's just another reason I like this site. Its about bees.
AND... there wouldn't be any of these wildly leaning political biases, if everyone would foster a level headed, common sense view of things like I do. If you will PM me in the future, I will let you know how you should vote.  :wink:

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 02:29:46 pm »
I am grateful that the political bias of beeks, which seems as strong as all the other beek biases we have, tends to stay HERE in the Coffee-House. Out in the regular bee threads, I always feel everyone has my best intention at heart, and the only bias is towards making an enviroment that aims at helping me to succeed as a beekeeper.
It's just another reason I like this site. Its about bees.
AND... there wouldn't be any of these wildly leaning political biases, if everyone would foster a level headed, common sense view of things like I do. If you will PM me in the future, I will let you know how you should vote.  :wink:

This is a FRIENDLY community where you can talk about any topic OTHER than Beekeeping. Please respect the feelings and cultures of others.

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 04:24:30 pm »
The part about loving the forum is serious, but the rest about common sense and people contacting me  to know how to vote, is tongue in cheek. That's why the wink is there.

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 06:44:58 pm »
Funny, you guys crack me up.
Ben hop off your soap box for a minute mate , did I say that it was solely people outside that could see a bias or even which way it leans? Of course people should be entitled to their own opinion, as should I, without being bullied. Moderators? There?s more than one? I?m of the opinion that moderators should moderate fairly however they?re generally not employees on these forums so should be respected for volunteering their own time helping create and maintain a welcome community. And yes, what a keen memory you have that you remembered I had been reprimanded for using a word that although considered a profanity is commonly used in daily life, on movies, songs and television but rules are rules and I apologised and moved on.
Iddee, your reply #4 the trash we have gotten away with comment says it all. I don?t need to validate my statement.

When I come to this forum i hit the latest threads link and I used to like reading the political threads on this and other forums to get an Americans side of the picture so I could base an opinion not solely centred on the media?s opinion. After a while I saw a common pattern. I don?t need to read these threads anymore however and for the last few months beekeeping threads and contributors have dwindled and there were even days where political threads outnumbered beekeeping threads, go figure.
It?s beekeeping busy time down under, it?s stinking hot and I?ve got better things to do than justify my opinions, thanks for listening.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 07:01:29 pm »
> it?s stinking hot and I?ve got better things to do than justify my opinions, thanks for listening.

Your welcome Skaggley. I hear the heat there can be overwhelming. Don?t over do it. Make that honey!

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 09:22:52 pm »
That's why I used Cider in the post. He is as liberal as I am conservative, but we jab at each other constantly and I have been called down as many times as he, and maybe more. That's why I say there's no bias in the moderation. We both are quilty and we both have had our hands slapped. Equal punishment is not bias.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline gww

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 10:29:27 pm »
Iddee
I did see you and ace both get a post removed a couple of days ago.
Troublemakers. :cool:
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 10:35:47 pm »
Iddee
Cheers
gww

:cool: Good one gww....

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 06:23:11 am »
Cider, with some of the trash you and I have gotten away with here, I don't think there is much bias at all. :wink: :cheesy:
As Mandy Rice-Davies once said "Well, He Would, Wouldn?t He?" :wink: 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:43:31 am by cidersabuzzin »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 07:41:37 am »
Iddee
Cheers
gww

LOL  Wally always gets me in trouble. :tongue:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 11:33:16 am »
That's the fun part of it.  :cool:

Blame it on cabin fever in the northern hemisphere.  :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 05:15:27 pm »
That's the fun part of it.  :cool:

Blame it on cabin fever in the northern hemisphere.  :cheesy:
Just  pottering around and came across this; now watching his films I didn't think of him being a great thinker ....... but when I read this I thought, "Go Get'Em  Arnie" (or something of that ilk)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/arnold-schwarzenegger-twitter-president-donald-trump-b809079.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB