Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: After Trump?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: After Trump?
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2020, 08:50:10 am »
Wally what the heck is this crap?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2020, 09:37:37 am »
It's sarcasm. If she can kill him during the first 9 months of his life because he is a burden on her, why not allow her to kill him anytime until he is no longer a burden. That's how dumb it looks to us pro-lifers. It's murder at any time.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2020, 11:33:36 am »
They are not babies until they are born.  My mother almost died because the doctor brought his religious beliefs into a medical situation.  Not until my mother was  near death did the doctor deliver the baby.  My brother was born with a hole in his back and lasted 3 days.  It took my mother two months to recover.
If a pregnancy is not wanted I don't see any point in waiting 9 months.  If a mother with six kids or none for that matter develops a medical condition that threatens her life I have no problem aborting the pregnancy to save her life at any point in the pregnancy.  Miscarriages happen all the time naturally.

what science did you follow to decide they are not babies until they are born? 

My brother and his wife were advised to abort their first 4 babies because the doctor saw something on the ultrasound that led them to believe the children suffered from a genetic problem.  They were referred to a geneticist for counseling.  They refused to abort.  After number 2, she refused to see them again.  All the children were born healthy, are still healthy, and above average in intelligence.  When baby 5 (oops) came along, the same anomaly was seen on the ultrasound.  The tech said "Oh, we don't worry about that anymore.  We found out that it was present in many babies, but we didn't see it until better ultrasounds came along". 

How many women were counseled to abort, and did? 

There's always a story we can tell to back our POV.  My POV is that if science can't tell us when a baby is a baby, we have no moral right to end its life.  What was a fetus when I worked L&D is now a baby that can be delivered and live a healthy life.  Knowing that, I can't let "science" dictate my moral beliefs. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2020, 11:01:27 am »
what science did you follow to decide they are not babies until they are born? 

There's always a story we can tell to back our POV.  My POV is that if science can't tell us when a baby is a baby, we have no moral right to end its life.  What was a fetus when I worked L&D is now a baby that can be delivered and live a healthy life.  Knowing that, I can't let "science" dictate my moral beliefs.
You just said it, it is a fetus until born.  The whole point is you have a right to your own moral beliefs but you don't have a right to force your beliefs on someone else.  So Kathy, don't get an abortion and let others have their freedom to choose.  Your brother and his wife were given their freedom to choose so why must you take it away from anyone else?  You have no right.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2020, 11:20:35 am »
You just said it, it is a fetus until born.  The whole point is you have a right to your own moral beliefs but you don't have a right to force your beliefs on an innocent unborn child.

Again, why should that choice be granted for nine months and then banned for 18 or more years?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Leoj900

• New Bee
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2020, 06:14:49 pm »
So the pro-choice argument is that we should let people have the freedom to choose. Why that goes nowhere with the pro-life crowd is that we really do not have the rights to choose like you want there to be. If I started beating my kids and attacking my wife you would not defend me because I have the freedom to choose whatever I want to do. If you say the difference there is that I am doing it to another person instead of just a couple cells with nothing really lost, then I would ask what is so special about a baby that has been birthed compared to one that is still in the womb? If you think that someone has no right to live if they cannot survive outside of the womb, then show me a baby that is truly independent. I know my child could not live a day without us caring for it. When is it ok and when is it not ok to kill?
Back to the topic on hand. Biden is calling for unity, I hope we do strive for unity, but not if it means compromising the joy set before us through God?s heart for us.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2020, 09:06:18 am »
The whole point is you have a right to your own moral beliefs but you don't have a right to force your beliefs on an innocent unborn child.
Actually you do.  If it is your own.  You can force your children to vaccinate, get a hunding license not get a hunting license, drive or not drive a car etc. which can effect their life one way or another.  There are many decisions that parents make that have resulted in their child's death.  Morally because of the likelihood of death no child should be given driving privileges.  But our society deems it necessary.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2020, 09:13:31 am »
Why that goes nowhere with the pro-life crowd is that we really do not have the rights to choose like you want there to be.
This is where you have it reversed.  You don't have the right to choose for someone else because of your religious beliefs.  God has no part in our government because to some he doesn't exist.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2020, 10:37:28 am »
You cannot force your child to get a vaccine that you know will kill him, nor anything else that you ""know for sure will"" kill him.
Does your bovine never get emptied out?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2020, 02:46:20 pm »
>What will his legacy be? The wrecking of democracy, the division of a nation, turmoil, and sporadic civil war.

Possibly saving democracy, but certainly not wrecking it.  The division comes from the left and from the media.  If there is a civil war it won't the right that starts it but they will finish it.

His legacy is hundreds of conservative federal judges.  3 conservative supreme court judges.  And who knows what else.  He is still the President of the United States.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2020, 05:57:35 pm »
You cannot force your child to get a vaccine that you know will kill him, nor anything else that you ""know for sure will"" kill him.
Does your bovine never get emptied out?
Wally there are medical interventions that you can refuse which result in death.   Transfusions, many DNR's result in death.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2020, 06:14:46 pm »
The division comes from the left and from the media.
I think division started in the 70's and 80's, the me generations.  Kids wanted everything and got it.  Questioning authority was common place.  Now it has gotten worse.  And Trump for sure has poured gasoline on the problem.  The continuation of this will destroy democracy in this country.  As I have stated before he acts like Hitler looking for the same outcome.  Due to voting the country has a reprieve.  His days are numbered.  Only time will tell if the damage he has done can be reversed.  There use to be a connection between Mitch and Biden we will have to see if that has been broken.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2020, 06:47:22 pm »
Transfusions have been contested in court and forced on patients and parents, so you are wrong there, while dnr's only hurry up death with less pain.They never cause death.

*Shel Silverstein*