Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Part of the Swamp?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Part of the Swamp?
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 12:13:46 am »
>I was referring to were a few old ladies in a UK TV programme about some delusional 70+ old biddies

Cider I have not heard the term (old biddies) since hearing it from my grandaddy, who born in the early 1900s, (old biddies). Adding I heard that term recited by him more than once. I suppose that is an old english saying? If so it just goes to show how deep my roots may run. I will admit, I am pleased to know my roots go back to Great Britain, namely Scotland, even though generations removed. I suppose I still view you English and Australians as my far removed cousins.
Now don't become too geddy, cheery, or sunny, over this,  I still do not agree with your far left political leanings (at least that is the perception I have found of your views here at the coffeehouse) far left?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 05:42:19 am by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2020, 11:35:57 am »
>I was referring to were a few old ladies in a UK TV programme about some delusional 70+ old biddies

Cider I have not heard the term (old biddies) since hearing it from my grandaddy, who born in the early 1900s, (old biddies). Adding I heard that term recited by him more than once. I suppose that is an old english saying? If so it just goes to show how deep my roots may run. I will admit, I am pleased to know my roots go back to Great Britain, namely Scotland, even though generations removed. I suppose I still view you English and Australians as my far removed cousins.
Now don't become too geddy, cheery, or sunny, over this,  I still do not agree with your far left political leanings (at least that is the perception I have found of your views here at the coffeehouse) far left?
Your perception of far left and my perception are light years apart :rolleyes:

Saw the so called debate last night and have seen better debates in a school playground. God help the American people.
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2020, 12:28:07 pm »
> Your perception of far left and my perception are light years apart :rolleyes:

I perceive that IF you were an American, Which you are not. You would be of the Democratic (now seeming to be far left), persuasion by your post here. You might consider what Representative Van Drew, (former democrat, now Republican), had to say about his reasons for leaving the Democratic Party, just a few months ago by the way. Basically some of the same reasons so many in the once "solid south" have done the same.

"America was founded by statesmen who were guided by strong moral and political principles. These principles have allowed this nation to flourish and continually improve itself.

Often this has been a painful process, one that has been frequently stained by the blood and tears of the generations that have preceded us. Today, these fundamental principles are being attacked by zealous partisans who want to attack the moral and political foundations of our society and start completely anew.

This is our chance to stand up for America.

My decision to leave the Democratic Party was one that was not entered into lightly. The pressure of party bosses, activists, and even my colleagues, was great, but the Democrat Party has changed. It is no longer the party that my grandparents and I grew up admiring.

It is not the party that once allowed for and encouraged free thought and robust debate. Now, it is a mob that drives policy decisions with the goal of starting over with a new system of governance.

I was always told that Republicans would marginalize me, push me aside and treat me like dirt. This could not be further from the truth. I have been welcomed with open arms, and even when I have disagreed on some issues, my views have been respected. 

The picture of Republicans that is painted by Democrats and their allies in the media is mostly false; in fact, many of my former colleagues firmly believe the Republican Party is the sole cause of many societal ills.

It is this unjustified logic that allows them to treat their colleagues, their constituents and their fellow citizens with disdain and call them deplorable, or worse. We must work in concert to keep America unified and push back against that ignorance.

We cannot stand by and idly watch; we must be actively involved in the fight for this nation.

I have never been driven by partisan politics, only a desire to better the lives of my constituents.

America is under immense pressure to turn its back on the things that have made it exceptional. Make no mistake, many proposals put forth by the House majority in this Congress, while cloaked in the language of good intentions, are not governed by truth and are communistic in nature.

Many continue to run away from America. I cannot - I must run toward America. I will fight for my district, my state, and my nation.

Winston Churchill once stated-" that democracy is the worst form of government except for all those other forms that have been tried." America is not perfect, but it is better than every alternative.

I will always be focused on supporting proposals that keep America strong and prosperous. We must continue to provide our society with the opportunities on which our past, present and future generations have and will continue to thrive."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:52:55 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2020, 08:22:03 pm »
> Your perception of far left and my perception are light years apart :rolleyes:

I perceive that IF you were an American, Which you are not. You would be of the Democratic (now seeming to be far left), persuasion by your post here. You might consider what Representative Van Drew, (former democrat, now Republican), had to say about his reasons for leaving the Democratic Party, just a few months ago by the way. Basically some of the same reasons so many in the once "solid south" have done the same.

"America was founded by statesmen who were guided by strong moral and political principles. These principles have allowed this nation to flourish and continually improve itself.

Often this has been a painful process, one that has been frequently stained by the blood and tears of the generations that have preceded us. Today, these fundamental principles are being attacked by zealous partisans who want to attack the moral and political foundations of our society and start completely anew.

My decision to leave the Democratic Party was one that was not entered into lightly. The pressure of party bosses, activists, and even my colleagues, was great, but the Democrat Party has changed. It is no longer the party that my grandparents and I grew up admiring.

It is not the party that once allowed for and encouraged free thought and robust debate. Now, it is a mob that drives policy decisions with the goal of starting over with a new system of governance.

I was always told that Republicans would marginalize me, push me aside and treat me like dirt. This could not be further from the truth. I have been welcomed with open arms, and even when I have disagreed on some issues, my views have been respected. 

The picture of Republicans that is painted by Democrats and their allies in the media is mostly false; in fact, many of my former colleagues firmly believe the Republican Party is the sole cause of many societal ills.

It is this unjustified logic that allows them to treat their colleagues, their constituents and their fellow citizens with disdain and call them deplorable, or worse. We must work in concert to keep America unified and push back against that ignorance.

We cannot stand by and idly watch; we must be actively involved in the fight for this nation.

I have never been driven by partisan politics, only a desire to better the lives of my constituents.

America is under immense pressure to turn its back on the things that have made it exceptional. Make no mistake, many proposals put forth by the House majority in this Congress, while cloaked in the language of good intentions, are not governed by truth and are communistic in nature.

Many continue to run away from America. I cannot - I must run toward America. I will fight for my district, my state, and my nation.

Winston Churchill once stated-" that democracy is the worst form of government except for all those other forms that have been tried." America is not perfect, but it is better than every alternative.

I will always be focused on supporting proposals that keep America strong and prosperous. We must continue to provide our society with the opportunities on which our past, present and future generations have and will continue to thrive."
Because you like chapter and verse;

I just wonder who sends/mails you this, I just don't believe you think this up yourselves !Like a lot of your posts they have the co-operate ring to them. Maybe Trump is closer than we think? But then again.........going off the 'debate' I don't think there is much to worry about :wink: Especially when it comes to Hookers and misogynous conversations " anyone want to play with her pussey" :embarassed:......but par for the course if the debate was anything to go by!

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 10:30:31 pm »
> I just wonder who sends/mails you this, I just don't believe you think this up yourselves !Like a lot of your posts they have the co-operate ring to them.

It is there, public record for anyone who chooses to look on several avenues. I see you did not attack Rep. Van Drew, former democrat, now Republican, the very person in which I quoted. The very type person whom he himself recognized as being of solid moral standards, without trying, while expressing his views, described even himself. This is the desired standard, of many Republican supporters. And the very reason many support republicans who once supported democrats is because of the type person Rep Van Drew, chooses to be, of a good moral character. Unfortunately this type of standard person is far and few inbetween in either party. Even so, more seem to be of this standard on the republican side than on the other. Actually is there one left of this fabric on the democratic side since Rep. Van Drew left the democrats? (I think I remember one more but can't recall his name.) Folks who have sworn to uphold the Constitution and mean it? 

Instead of recognizing the valor of Rep Van Drew and his words you seem to choose a fraction of those words to attack Donald Trump who in the past may have very well been varnobal and weak in this area? And if so shame on him. At least Mr Trump promises to fulfill his obligation to the Constitution of The United States of America. Unlike the democrats which take the same oath but as Van Drew described, reinforcing his reasons for leaving his former democratic party. I have prepared a list of sites for you just in case you may be interested. I am referring to references of Rep. Vans Drews' reasons for leaving the democrats along with other interesting views. You may wish to start at the bottom and work your way to the top. You may feel more comfortable there on bottom of the list? I wonder if your intentions here may be as Sal described in another reply, or perhaps you intentions may be honorable? "Pull to the Yanks chain" or are you of a sincerity? IF you are here to pull the yanks chain then shame on you! :shocked: :cheesy: :grin:

youtube.com ? watch Rep. Jeff Van Drew Explains Decision To Leave Democratic ...
foxnews.com ? politics ? jeff-van-drew-rnc-speech  Rep. Jeff Van Drew says he left Democratic Party because of ...
washingtonpost.com ? nation ? 2019/12/16 ? jeff-van-drew-imp  Jeff Van Drew staffers quit as New Jersey congressman plans ...
politico.com ? news ? jeff-van-drew-change-parties-085036 Democratic impeachment holdout Jeff Van Drew planning to ...
twitter.com ? CongressmanJVD ? status... Congressman Jeff Van Drew on Twitter: "Rep. Jeff Van Drew realclearpolitics.com ? video ? 2019/12/22 ? rep_jeff_van_drew... Rep. Jeff Van Drew: I Left Democratic Party Because They ...
usatoday.com ? story ? news ? politics ? elections ? 2020/08/27. RNC: How Jeff Van Drew went from Democrat to Donald ...
nymag.com ? intelligencer ? 2019/12 ? why-jeff-van-drew-ditched-the-..  Why Jeff Van Drew Ditched the Democrats and Sided With ...

Last and yes maybe least. 
bbc.com ? news ? live ? election-us-2020-53897134 ? page
Aug 27, 2020 - Congressman Jeff Van Drew, who left the Democrat Party after
As-it-happened: At RNC 2020, Trump outlines stark ... -

Goodday.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:25:20 am by Ben Framed »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 10:22:59 am »
Has Rep Van Drew stepped down as a congressman to fight for re-election as a Republican? If not, why not? Isn't he disenfranchising his voters? It says something of his moral compass that he hasn't. Probably knows he won't be reelected.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 10:28:13 am »
Has Rep Van Drew stepped down as a congressman to fight for re-election as a Republican? If not, why not? Isn't he disenfranchising his voters? It says something of his moral compass that he hasn't. Probably knows he won't be reelected.

That is your opinion, which may not be worth a hill of beans in this case. lol  By reasons of leaving the democratic party and given his reasons for leaving, which it seems you may be ignoring? Explains to the contrary to your opinion.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 11:36:15 am »
Has Rep Van Drew stepped down as a congressman to fight for re-election as a Republican?

Since his ideology has not changed, there would be no reason for him to step down.  His constituents can decide on election day how much the letter behind his name matters.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 11:37:11 am »
Quote from:

Saw the so called debate last night and have seen better debates in a school playground. God help the American people.
[/quote
I couldn't agree with you more.  A clear demonstration that neither of the old fools is worthy.
Time to start over.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 12:53:05 pm »
Has Rep Van Drew stepped down as a congressman to fight for re-election as a Republican?

Since his ideology has not changed, there would be no reason for him to step down.  His constituents can decide on election day how much the letter behind his name matters.
If he is now claiming to be a Republican surely he is disenfranchising the people who voted for him as a Democrat? He should at least class himself as an Independent and not of either party. As Del Boy would say "a right plonker"

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/editorials/jeff-van-drew-new-jersey-switch-party-democrat-republican-impeachment-20191216.html
Elected under false pretenses in actual fact, fraudulently conning people out of their donations.  He should be looking at jail time.
But of course the GOP will want to gloss it over a la Kathy. It is still Fraud Kathy, still Fraud. :rolleyes: 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:17:50 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 02:20:28 pm »
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-joe-biden-1st-presidential-debate-transcript-2020

Try this.  It is much better to read a transcript than watch a debate or whatever. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2020, 02:22:37 am »

The older I get the more I get dragged into political discussions which I cant let them go. Anyhow the view from Downunder is and has been for some time that the American parties cannot find a good leader between them js just like here. What would get them a bit more on their toes would be a third party or more and possibly some independents !  !
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 06:22:43 am »

The older I get the more I get dragged into political discussions which I cant let them go. Anyhow the view from Downunder is and has been for some time that the American parties cannot find a good leader between them js just like here. What would get them a bit more on their toes would be a third party or more and possibly some independents !  !
Geoff, can you ever see it happening, even the congressman who left the Democrats hasn't the balls to stand as an independent.
Still, it may be academic with the GT testing positive for Covid- 19  who else has he infected? He laughed at Bidden for wearing a mask .........oh the poetic justice :wink:

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 08:26:16 am »
it may be academic with the GT testing positive for Covid- 19  who else has he infected?
Donny, his hooker wife, and side kick tramp all testing positive.  Maybe this is how T Rump is going to clear the swarm.  Stay tuned, there may be more vacancies in the senate and the court.  Good ole boy Mitch's butt hole has got to be puckering...
No doubt in my mind that T Rump will try to delay the elections.  How many republican senators do you think will be wearing masks now trying to ramrod the appointee?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2020, 09:54:34 am »
it may be academic with the GT testing positive for Covid- 19  who else has he infected?
Donny, his hooker wife, and side kick tramp all testing positive.  Maybe this is how T Rump is going to clear the swarm.  Stay tuned, there may be more vacancies in the senate and the court.  Good ole boy Mitch's butt hole has got to be puckering...
No doubt in my mind that T Rump will try to delay the elections.  How many republican senators do you think will be wearing masks now trying to ramrod the appointee?

And there you have it!  Just another fine SPOTLIT example and typical view from the party of spewing hate, the Democratic Party.  Sad

I agree that the televised debate was a pool of confusion, from the confusion of a (three) person debate. As clearly Mr Trump had to debate both Biden and Chris Wallace at the same time. The choices are clear.  Mr Trump is the one candidate that has chosen to embrace the Constitution; a major concern of his base. While at the same time has demonstrated he knows how to get things done for the good of all American People, doing so while upholding The Constitution. If we recall he demonstrated just that, the ability to get things done in his first 3 plus years as President and Commander-in-Chief it was obvious to all, before the China virus outbreak, the many accomplishments he and his team has achieved. How quickly some forget. Failing to look at the BIG IMPORTANT picture and the contrast of what both candidates and their parties represent as clearly laid out and defined by Van Drew in post reply 22.  What do you prefer? Freedom and Liberty by the way of the Constitution, a government of the people for the people and by the people or; destroy the fabric of this nation and embrace the views described of the dem party by rep Drew? 

.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:30:36 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 10:53:35 am »
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-joe-biden-1st-presidential-debate-transcript-2020

Try this.  It is much better to read a transcript than watch a debate or whatever.

Thanks Kathy. Good Job.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:42 pm »

Thanks Kathy. Good Job.
Read  it, didn't he interrupt Sleepy Joe 70 times? Less of a debate more a slanging match, par for the course with the GT. Still with his isolation he can relax a little unless of course he goes down with it like Boris did. :wink:

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2020, 04:53:37 pm »
It is much better to read a transcript than watch a debate or whatever.
Facial expressions and body language don't make it into a transcript.  Our whole court system is base on being present.  Have you ever been to court and then read the transcript?  Sometimes they are not the same.  In the case of court the judge controls what goes in a transcript.  How about the transcripts of conversations between T Rump and Putin?  That would be a joke.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2020, 05:06:14 pm »
What do you prefer? Freedom and Liberty by the way of the Constitution, a government of the people for the people and by the people                                                                                               
What Freedom, What liberty, for who?  Lawless white people?  Your idol has no more desire to follow our constitution then he does to let an opponent speak when it is his turn.
T Rump has one accomplishment in three years.  He made rich people richer by taking away from people who are less fortunate.  You want more of that?  I don't.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2020, 08:12:46 pm »
Sorry, Ace, but Trump isn't married to Kamala Harris. Besides, she doesn't have to sell it any more. Biden is paying her without getting it. As for the rest of your post, I wish your wonderful psychic ability would get it right just once.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*