Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Part of the Swamp?  (Read 1970 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
Part of the Swamp?
« on: September 28, 2020, 03:37:57 pm »
Can you be claiming to be draining the swamp if your part of it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54323654?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

I bet lots of people in reduced circumstances thanks to covid 19 would love to have paid no tax for ten years! It looks as if it's true, "money goes to money". Or should I say if you can pay an accountant to fiddle, oops! avoid paying your dues! :rolleyes:
Just waiting for the 'Trumpettes' to start screeching. :smile:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 04:31:42 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
Re: Part of the Swamp?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 08:13:24 pm »
Can you be claiming to be draining the swamp if your part of it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54323654?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

I bet lots of people in reduced circumstances thanks to covid 19 would love to have paid no tax for ten years! It looks as if it's true, "money goes to money". Or should I say if you can pay an accountant to fiddle, oops! avoid paying your dues! :rolleyes:
Just waiting for the 'Trumpettes' to start screeching. :smile:
Just been watching a few episodes of 'Closer Look' What a laugh, until you look closer(no pun intended) and listen to the explanations that the GT gives when he is caught out and even more so when he thinks he is 'off-camera' Just shows what he says to his MAGA devotees/"useful idiots" than when he is speaking to his more serious critics. An eye opener! Even to an inveterate sceptic such as I.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:51:15 pm »
One big question for you, cider. Explain to us the deductions you were allowed on last years taxes, that you told your accountant to ignore because you wanted to pay the taxes on it anyway, rather than take the allowable deduction.

i'm sure there were several, so just describe a couple.

Trump quote..."You made the tax laws. I just abide by them."
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 09:51:43 pm »
Trump is in a high-risk business.  It is one of those that does have boom and bust.

No one pays more tax than they are required to pay.  Do you know why Buffet pays less tax than his secretary?  He has structured his taxes so that he is paid a salary and he only pays tax on that salary.  He does not pay on the billions of dollars that actually belong to him by way of his businesses and investments.  To be fair, those corporations pay taxes if they are required but his argument that HE pays less is because he has done things to lessen his personal tax requirements. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 10:11:32 pm »
Hi Folks,

Now comes back the F&R (The R stands for Racist)!

A few days of penance and he comes back to again sully the opinions of others. He hopes we forget. He mistakes our openness to freedom of speech, our willingness to hear him, for weakness.

You can't embarrass this guy. He can only hurt you if you let him get close.

Let's see how long before he disparages those who choose to respond to his petty accusations.

He's a true (insert your word here).

Sal

Salvo

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 11:01:49 pm »
Sal you may be right but at least he left off the & ...   Right Cider?

Cider, Cider, Oh Cider. 
Well;  it seems the nurse has taken him back in for his nite nite pills and salt. Maybe we will see a new Cider in the morning...  lol 😂
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 04:52:03 am »
One big question for you, cider. Explain to us the deductions you were allowed on last years taxes, that you told your accountant to ignore because you wanted to pay the taxes on it anyway, rather than take the allowable deduction.

i'm sure there were several, so just describe a couple.

Trump quote..."You made the tax laws. I just abide by them."

I don't have any deductibles :wink: I pay tax on all my income. :wink:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 04:55:30 am »
Hi Folks,

Now comes back the F&R (The R stands for Racist)!

A few days of penance and he comes back to again sully the opinions of others. He hopes we forget. He mistakes our openness to freedom of speech, our willingness to hear him, for weakness.

You can't embarrass this guy. He can only hurt you if you let him get close.

Let's see how long before he disparages those who choose to respond to his petty accusations.

He's a true (insert your word here).

Sal

[/quote]
A classic way of trying to close down a discussion :rolleyes:

Now Trumpette, calm down a little but not too much. We still need you in there jumping up and down attempting to shut down any diverse opinion. I just wondered though when was the last time you made a deduction of $70000 for having your hair cut/dyed/styled? But on second thoughts I suppose $60000 could have been for the Ginger dye. :cheesy:

My few days 'penance' as you call it was contemplation after the death of my daughter's Father in Law, so soon after the death of her mother a few months ago.
I'm afraid arguing the toss with the "useful idiots" went out of the window for a time. But for you I'll make an exception :grin:
cider

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 07:11:27 am »
Sal, please don't get too personal with the attacks. I like you both and don't want either leaving or being tossed out.

""I don't have any deductibles :wink: I pay tax on all my income.""

So if you  run a business and take in a million pounds, but spend 3/4 million doing it, you pay tax on the million, not just the 1/4 profit. OKAY... I have my chest waders on now. Tell us another one.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 07:57:22 am »
It is one of those that does have boom and bust.

No business has bust for 10 years in a row and survives legally.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 08:02:27 am »
> A few days of penance and he comes back to again sully the opinions of others.

Is this not the truth iddee? Does Cider not damage the purity or integrity of others: defile the opinion of others?

> Now Trumpette, calm down a little but not too much.

Hum

TOP DEFINITION
Trumpette
An ignorant blowhard who makes a lot of noise, blindly and militantly, defending Donald Trump... Especially fond of Trolling on social media. Also known as a "Trump Troll" or "Trumpkin".

Now there is an attack.

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 08:11:12 am »
Just shows what he says to his MAGA devotees/"useful idiots" than when he is speaking to his more serious critics.
I am surprised you pick up on the term "useful idiots" when many of his supporters are old men in the military described as "losers and suckers" and they are still supporting him.  What else would it take to fit the term useful idiot?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 08:23:18 am »
It is one of those that does have boom and bust.

No business has bust for 10 years in a row and survives legally.

The generosity of the giving of Mr Trump is not well known with the left, or perhaps it is well known; just suppressed and despised denied blindly. One thing for sure. The left sure seem to despise him.  I suppose honest Joe is the model poster child for honesty and integrity? Hah!  I?m not surprised, typical reaction from the left toward Mr Trump. Attack attack attack. Yet when ask why, the best reason I have been given is because I don?t like him). What is your reason Ace?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 09:10:10 am »
Ben, it's the personal that Beemaster watches. You can say "his people suck".  You cannot say "you suck". You will be kicked out when you make it personal.
I'm not a moderator, tho, just trying to keep some friends from disappearing like so many before now have.

Ace, he paid more in taxes in 2017 then I made in the last 20 years. Just how much do you expect when he is paying thousands to professional tax preparers to stay within the multitude of tax laws and still leave him a bit of profit?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 09:55:10 am »
Sal, please don't get too personal with the attacks. I like you both and don't want either leaving or being tossed out.

""I don't have any deductibles :wink: I pay tax on all my income.""
This is true I dont own a company!

So if you  run a business and take in a million pounds, but spend 3/4 million doing it, you pay tax on the million, not just the 1/4 profit. OKAY... I have my chest waders on now. Tell us another one.

I'll put it simply; every taxpayer in the country has a tax free allowance once this allowance is exceeded tax is paid at various rates on all other personal income. Now if you own a business you pay tax on the personal income you take from the business. The running costs of the company are another matter, they can be offset against generated company income the excess can be expreesed as dividends. Some people use this as their income and it is taxed.
cider

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 11:16:04 am »
So you abide by the laws given you. So does Trump, so where is your complaint?

When the laws are made by the super rich, guess who has the advantage? The first two guesses don't count.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 02:12:25 pm »
So you abide by the laws given you. So does Trump, so where is your complaint?

When the laws are made by the super rich, guess who has the advantage? The first two guesses don't count.
idee, You have me at a disadvantage please enlighten me. :wink:
Nurse, Nurse where are you? I need some sedatives.........or some such..... a good single malt will do no...no... leave the bottle I've been speaking politely to iddee  :wink:  and it will take some getting over. :smile: 

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 03:56:26 pm »
> A few days of penance and he comes back to again sully the opinions of others.

Is this not the truth iddee? Does Cider not damage the purity or integrity of others: defile the opinion of others?

> Now Trumpette, calm down a little but not too much.

Hum

TOP DEFINITION
Trumpette
An ignorant blowhard who makes a lot of noise, blindly and militantly, defending Donald Trump... Especially fond of Trolling on social media. Also known as a "Trump Troll" or "Trumpkin".

Now there is an attack.
Ben
Thanks for the heads-up;
TOP DEFINITION
Trumpette

"Now there is an attack."

Not meant as such but.....yer pays yer money and takes yer choice.  As I say, not meant so, but the likes of Salvo will never believe it. I've a feeling he still thinks he will fall off the edge of the world! But I digress. The Trumpette I was referring to were a few old ladies in a UK TV programme about some delusional 70+ old biddies wearing 1/2lb of slapstick make up in Florida arranging 'parties' for Trump. A laugh a minute. ( well the full episode was)So thanks :wink:

If you're interested in the TV program! see if you can find the full episode. It is now run out of time on BBC iplayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06gcjq7 
Try this     https://www.gq.com/story/trump-hair-tax-deduction?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:00:47 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 06:16:30 pm »
What is your reason Ace?
He is not fit to be president, he is corrupt, a criminal and uneducated.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2020, 06:42:51 pm »
He is not fit to be president, he is corrupt, a criminal and uneducated.

Finally,  you see the light about Biden.  If there is hope for you, there is hope for all!!   :cheesy:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville