Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: For those of you with Netflix  (Read 141 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
For those of you with Netflix
« on: September 23, 2020, 11:29:25 am »
Most of the "documentaries" on Netflix are crap, but there is one that I think everyone should watch. It's called The Social Dilemma.

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline The15thMember

• Queen Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: For those of you with Netflix
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 01:47:36 pm »
Wow, that looks really interesting.
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 09:04:25 am »
It does look interesting.
Judy and I have been binge watching Heartland on Netflix. We are new horse owners and it is about a girl who is a really good horse whisper.
If you like horses, check it out.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 10:42:15 am »
I hope folks will watch it.  The people in it are the ones who were or are involved in designing social media and the internet as we have it now.  If you use social media and especially if you have kids who use it, this is important info. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville