Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: well, that was fun  (Read 472 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: well, that was fun
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 06:36:01 pm »
Sounds like we agree, as usual.  :grin:
Whatever the reason in the back ground, RC still sucks. Taking advantage of volunteers while paying huge salaries to admin.

Now tell us what percentage of RC income goes to operations and how much to admin.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 09:50:52 pm »
Now tell us what percentage of RC income goes to operations and how much to admin.

You should be able to look that up on one of the charity watch sites.

I don't think volunteers feel taken advantage of.  Most are at least my age or older.  If they were not doing this, they'd be Walmart greeters   :grin:

A huge number of those I worked with were former military.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 12:17:56 am »
Kathy,
I was told the same story about the RC by the older guys back in the 70s.  The people who told me were upset with the RC. Not repeating something that they were told.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 10:47:51 am »
Am I the only one to here California's governor claim that their fires were because "Climate change causes too many trees to grow in the forest, so the fires are bigger,"?
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 11:26:22 am »
The people who told me were upset with the RC. Not repeating something that they were told.

Again, not disputing what they told you. Just looking for the story from someone who might have researched it, as the charging for coffee during WW2 was researched.  Sea stories always have a bit of truth in them, but they are not always true.  It's not a big thing.  I just like to get to the root of things and not being able to do that always bugs me   :grin:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 11:28:27 am »
Am I the only one to here California's governor claim that their fires were because "Climate change causes too many trees to grow in the forest, so the fires are bigger,"?

I didn't hear that, but all 3 govs on the west coast are wedded to the "climate change" thing.  It is to blame for everything that goes wrong in their states no matter what.

You probably won't remember that the gov of WA ran for president (lasted about 5 min).  His entire platform had to do with global warming.
Alexis de Tocqueville