Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Diagnose my brood patterns  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
Re: Diagnose my brood patterns
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 06:56:25 am »
In my experience curing EFB is a one hit job. It may depend on the dose of antibiotic and also what antibiotic you are using.
We only treat the affected hive/s. Some BK's will treat the apiary effected.

Offline BurleyBee

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 06:02:09 pm »
Update.  I shook 3 frames of nurse bees in, added a big capped brood frame,  a frame of drawn comb, pollen Pattie, and syrup.  They look much better. 

@burleybeeyard

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 11:13:41 pm »
This looks much better to me.  I see the ''wet look" of healthy larvae here. Looks to be evenly laid out also. Best I can tell the surrounding younger larvae is in place also though it is hard to see as the outer larvae is out of the center of the picture. I am thinking this is much better than what you posted before. I am interested in the feedback of our seasoned and experienced bee folks.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 04:38:09 pm »
Good move. Definitely helped. Picture looks like the beginnings of recovery.  Basically, it looks like the 2nd picture of the first post.  You will still see some scattering of capped vs open at various ages for a couple brood cycles (3 to 5 weeks).  If it is not right and tight by then, an underlying problem will still be lingering.
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.