Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Commander in Chief  (Read 328 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
Commander in Chief
« on: September 04, 2020, 07:32:48 pm »
Is Trump fit to be called the 'Commander in Chief'? After the report by Fox of his disparaging remarks about the War dead of the US military? Apparently he dismissed the Marines ww1 war dead as "losers"

https://apnews.com/edf5d17c4d41cfb69117f0cf97ef6ac6

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-live-twitter-biden-2020-election-polls-latest-vote-twice-today-a9704416.html
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 07:44:33 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
Re: Commander in Chief
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 12:08:36 pm »
Shotgun Joe ain't even in command of his own faculties.  I don't reckon he'd be any better commander in chief.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 12:19:34 pm »
Shotgun Joe ain't even in command of his own faculties.  I don't reckon he'd be any better commander in chief.
Hops I think you missed the point. It was the denigration of the Marines Cemetery which he didn't want to visit. Not about sleepy  Joe at all.
cider

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 01:07:38 pm »
Cider, Cider, Cider, When will you start reading the exposures of these lies you keep finding? It's been denied by a half dozen or more sources that were there.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 12:14:27 pm »
Whereas denigration of the military by the Clintons and other Demorats has been confirmed repeatedly and cheered by the media and Hollywood fatcats.
Winter is coming.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 05:59:45 am »
Whereas denigration of the military by the Clintons and other Demorats has been confirmed repeatedly and cheered by the media and Hollywood fatcats.
When was the last time any of the Clintons say a cemetery full of WW1 marine war dead were losers? Let's face it, the G&T didn't want his fake hair spoiled! :cheesy:

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 11:28:10 am »
I never said the Clintons said that.  Neither did Trump.  You're a quick one to put words in peoples' mouths.  But the Clintons have a long, long history of showing disdain for anyone in the military.
Winter is coming.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 03:34:23 pm »
Cider, please, ask your nurse to wake you up. You are having nightmares.

https://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2020/09/08/176539
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 08:01:57 pm »
Cider, please, ask your nurse to wake you up. You are having nightmares.

https://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2020/09/08/176539
You can always tell when the 'manipulate people' are getting worried they fire off emails to the useful idiots to pollute fora.
In this health crisis time, I didn't want to overload the system with your need for nursing care. Keep paying the insurance in case you need the pills and salt and nurses!   
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:14:44 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 04:49:47 am »
I see you didn't address the dems statements on the military and police. Why not?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 07:35:06 pm »
But even fox news confirmed this story.
Why is it that when Trump puts his foot in it his supporter?s response just pretends the other guys response would have been worse? I think you are better off forgetting about it than saying something like the following statements.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 12:34:52 pm »
But even fox news confirmed this story.
Why is it that when Trump puts his foot in it his supporter?s response just pretends the other guys response would have been worse? I think you are better off forgetting about it than saying something like the following statements.
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 01:16:52 pm »
Hops I think you missed the point. It was the denigration of the Marines Cemetery which he didn't want to visit. Not about sleepy  Joe at all.
cider

We covered this when it happened and the reasons for not flying to the cemetery were clear and reasonable, as were the reasons for not making a last minute 4 hour drive.

I would belive that Trump said almost anything except what this reports.  Unnamed sources that contradict sources on site.  Additionally, Trump has a deep respect for the military in general. 
Because we know this and because the story in not reliably souced AND because it is election season, I reject this.

As for comments about people like McCain, he was not wrong and did not say anything about him that I have not said over and over.  Just because someone serves they are not except from criticism and they are not automatically honorable people. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 09:11:59 pm »
cider

We covered this when it happened and the reasons for not flying to the cemetery were clear and reasonable, as were the reasons for not making a last minute 4 hour drive.

I would belive that Trump said almost anything except what this reports.  Unnamed sources that contradict sources on site.  Additionally, Trump has a deep respect for the military in general. 
Because we know this and because the story in not reliably souced AND because it is election season, I reject this.

As for comments about people like McCain, he was not wrong and did not say anything about him that I have not said over and over.  Just because someone serves they are not except from criticism and they are not automatically honorable people.
Kathy I understand it is near November, but I thought, being ex-military even you would be a little ashamed of the G&T and his astute antics by now. Doesn't look good doe's it  :rolleyes: ......roll on November :grin: 

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 10:30:17 pm »
Kathy I understand it is near November, but I thought, being ex-military even you would be a little ashamed of the G&T and his astute antics by now.

I don't do "unnamed sources".  Since this is out of character for DT when it comes to the military, I chalk this up to it being the political season.

why would my military background make me unhappy with someone who is getting us out of SH countries and wars we shouldn't be in, making NATO countries cough up their share, and funding the military properly?  Why would I be unhappy with someone who realizes the danger of China and Iran instead of sucking up to them?  Why would I be unhappy with supporting one of our best allies in the Middle East and helping broker peace deals that make them and us more secure?

You Europeans seem to like incompetent war mongers leading the US and then you complain that you end up in wars with us.  You should celebrate someone who is at least trying to do the things that will make all of us safer.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville