Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Received in another "email"  (Read 169 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Received in another "email"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 03:30:11 pm »
YEP, true nanny state. Do nothing for yourself and let papa gov. take care of all your needs.

NO THANKS
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 04:56:29 pm »
Mr. Cider, Mr. ID, best to you both.

I look out my front door and see beautiful oaks, green grass, crepe mettle in full bloom.  Then I look out my back door and see bee hives, Norfork Lake, my tractor, my garden, oaks full of acorns, deer, turkey, squirrels with all sort of wildlife and not a house in site.  Really quite peaceful, granted by following... 

Then I look at my iPhone and all the ugly chaotic news and a fella can feel very sad.  I cannot do for people what they are not willing to do for themselves.  I had to crawl thru college to obtain a knowledge base.  This base was not given rather earned.

Peace and tranquility is there for folks willing to reap unequal rewards with equal opportunity for all.

Cheers
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 05:15:32 pm »
Front door view:  the only protesters are the squirrels and raccoons fighting over the bird seed I feed.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »
Mr. Van I would like to say a word in response. There was a fellow here in Mississippi who grew up dirt poor. His daddy left his family when he was a boy a heavy drinker his daddy was. They grew up, not on
a pavement road nor a gravel road but a dirt road. He went to school in a one room school house. By today?s Outlook of the Poor me syndrome, that boy would not have had a chance. I heard this fella once say, in America you can be whatever you want to be if you have that bulldog hang on grit about you you can be a winner. That man was Jerry Clower. You sir have once again proved his theory to be true. You worked and struggled your way to educate yourself and now are reaping the rewards of the hard work. You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your personal life with each of us. God?s blessings to you my friend.
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 04:28:36 am »
YEP, true nanny state. Do nothing for yourself and let papa gov. take care of all your needs.

NO THANKS
As I said, food for thought :smile:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS