Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Covid 19 Isolation  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
Re: Covid 19 Isolation
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 08:30:59 am »

By the way Ben what part of Mississippi are you in, any where near Macon ?
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2020, 10:18:13 am »

By the way Ben what part of Mississippi are you in, any where near Macon ?

No I am in the Northern part of the State. But I do have some family in Macon by the way, which is about halfway down the State and closer to the Alabama line.
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2020, 11:38:19 am »
But I do have some family in Macon by the way

We used to have our bee gatherings in Macon, MS.  Geoff was there one year and I went 4 years.  Good times.   :grin:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2020, 11:50:24 am »
Sounds great Kathy, I watched a video of JPs' where he had footage of some of those gatherings. What is the fellows name who hosted those gatherings? I am impressed that Geoff made the trip to Macon, Mississippi all the way from Australia! That impression goes likewise for you and any others who might have traveled a far distance to meet together with other beekeepers here at our shared Beemaster Forum. Good deal in my opinion. Let me ask you, Did Brian D. Bray make any of those meetings? I would like to add it is good that Jim "sawdstmakr" is keeping up the tradition at his home in Florida.
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2020, 03:21:35 pm »
The answer came to me. It was the Bud gatherings Bud was the fellows name? Is he still with us?

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2020, 03:26:09 pm »
I just found this, it seems his last activity here was December 25, 2015.

bud1
Posts:767 (0.154 per day)Gender:MaleAge:72Location:macon, Ms.
Date Registered:February 04, 2007, 10:57:36 pmLocal Time:October 01, 2020, 03:22:19 pmLast Active:December 25, 2015, 07:47:06 am

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2020, 03:26:51 pm »
Geoff anything similar going on in your country as what was just announced in Florida past Friday here in the States? Referring to The Governor of Florida, dismissing all orders concerning covid in his state. According to this report, (if it is accurate), All Covid mandates have been disallowed there, because of reasoning the numbers do not jive. The news report of The State of Florida begins as 6:45. Anyone else know of this, is it true? Cider what about your country any similar reports?

CC for the hearing impaired.

Large parts of the country back in lockdown although thankfully not where I am. It looks as if we are heading for a second wave. Silly youngsters  out on the town in pubs and nightclubs not socially distancing not even wearing masks so the infection rate is shooting up which is now bringing on large 'local lockdowns.' These are getting tighter. One can't mix with another household even if it's family!.....not nice!  Hospital admins creeping up deaths the same but absolutely no were near the initial outbreak and this time we are more prepared.  :smile:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:46:30 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2020, 03:34:44 pm »
 >Large parts of the country back in lockdown although thankfully not where I am. It looks as if we are heading for a second wave. Silly youngsters  out on the town in pubs and nightclubs not socially distancing not even wearing masks so the infection rate is shooting up which is now bringing on large 'local lockdowns.' These are getting tighter. One can't mix with another household even if its family!.....not nice!

What about hospitalizations and deaths? I hope that number is not rising even though the positive tests are?

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2020, 04:47:49 pm »
I just found this, it seems his last activity here was December 25, 2015.

I don't think he's been on here for a while.  He's on FB.  He no longer lives in Macon.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2020, 04:49:39 pm »
What about hospitalizations and deaths? I hope that number is not rising even though the positive tests are?

Which is really what is important, isn't it?  Getting people infected is not necessarily a bad thing.  We'd like to keep people from dying or being hospitalized.  That's why we should protect those most at risk and leave the rest alone.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2020, 07:46:33 pm »
Ben, read more carefully..........

"Hospital admins creeping up deaths the same but absolutely no were near the initial outbreak and this time we are more prepared.  "
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2020, 09:38:11 pm »
Ben, read more carefully..........

"Hospital admins creeping up deaths the same but absolutely no were near the initial outbreak and this time we are more prepared.  "

I did read closely, he modified his post two hours after I posted the question.  And one hour after Kathy posted hers. Which is fine I appreciate his response.
 :cheesy: :wink: Thanks anyway. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:54:28 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2020, 10:12:41 pm »
> Which is really what is important, isn't it?  Getting people infected is not necessarily a bad thing.  We'd like to keep people from dying or being hospitalized.  That's why we should protect those most at risk and leave the rest alone.

I agree Kathy.

.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:46:58 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2020, 02:12:54 am »
  Only 7 new cases overnight in Victoria, all heading in the right direction. Still a lot of noise coming from protesters.       For you Ben        Myself meeting John Clayton  at Meridian Airport with Bud on the end of Johns camera, Bud had trouble containing himself until the setup was completed. These days Bud is in Louisiana, Empire I believe.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2020, 02:28:00 am »
Good one Geoff, Y'all was having fun right from the start! Thanks for sharing the video.  👍🏻 ✔️

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2020, 09:03:16 pm »
Hi Folks,

The status of Covid now. It's 20 minutes out of your life, but may be worth it, and its fun.:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/07/fncs-carlson-on-democrat-mask-hypocrisy-this-isnt-science-this-is-medieval-superstition/

Sal
Salvo

Offline salvo

• House Bee
Salvo

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2020, 09:54:37 pm »
Hi Folks,'

Well,... Joe's wearing TWO masks. The second one is just in case the first one beaks. He's a "two-bagger":

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8853009/Joe-Biden-wears-two-masks-NC-campaign-trail-Hunters-teen-daughter.html

Sal
Salvo

Offline Milo

• House Bee
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2020, 05:35:06 pm »
Looks like he?s wearing a N95 and has stuck a cloth one over the top which is purely cosmetic

Smart man

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2020, 11:14:37 pm »
Hi Folks,

Hey! F&R!

I heard the median life expectancy in England and Wales is 81.5 years old.
Median age of death from covid19 in England and Wales is 82.4 years old.

Is this true?

Sal
Salvo