Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Extractor: Hubbard Apiaries Model 2401  (Read 7013 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Extractor: Hubbard Apiaries Model 2401
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2020, 02:24:49 pm »
Not so.
My father in law had an old galvanized tank extractor that had a lot of rust on it, inside and out. My sister in law still uses it.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2020, 02:28:36 pm »
$2,500.00 ?

Is that an offer? LOL

No I was considering your post and was thinking, surely he does not mean $25.00 dollars. 😊 or did you? 😊

I've purchased a replacement that is  made of stainless steel
James, where did you find that and at what cost?

Acebird: eBay. I found a seller of surplus equipment that sells at half price, though the "regular" price they had listed was already about half what I'd found elsewhere. It was certainly already half of MSRP. So, they  had it at about a 4th MSRP. Started to hit "Buy Now" then noticed they had a "Make an offer" option. So I offered 25 and they accepted almost immediately. I've found that the actual bearing insert can be purchased in stainless steel by itself, as well. Those are much more common but still more than what I paid for the entire ss flange bearing with food-grade grease.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2020, 03:04:58 pm »
Ben,
The $25 was for the bearing.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2020, 09:58:36 pm »
Ben,
The $25 was for the bearing.
Jim Altmiller

Thanks Jim it went totally over my head, I was not reading closely enough.  :shocked:  :grin:

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline James M. Wagner

• House Bee
    • Poor Hollow Bee Farm
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2020, 04:20:48 pm »
Posted a video to the facebook page.
James M. Wagner

Offline James M. Wagner

• House Bee
    • Poor Hollow Bee Farm
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2020, 06:15:09 pm »
James M. Wagner

Offline James M. Wagner

• House Bee
    • Poor Hollow Bee Farm
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2020, 06:16:02 pm »
Not so.
My father in law had an old galvanized tank extractor that had a lot of rust on it, inside and out. My sister in law still uses it.
Jim Altmiller

:shocked:  I have an old galvanized extractor but have never used it. Thought about camcoating it and using it but figured it wouldn't be worth the trouble as it only holds two frames in baskets that have to be flipped. Likely worth more as a collector item. The Hubbard 2401 is stainless.
James M. Wagner

anything