Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ace, If You and Mr Trump Had Moved to Palm Springs Sooner!  (Read 175 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Ace, If You and Mr Trump Had Moved to Palm Springs Sooner!
« on: July 12, 2020, 02:52:25 am »
Ace, if you and Mr Trump had moved to Palm Springs sooner you could have attended this great meeting together.   :shocked:  just kidding. This is a GREAT video! Just remember Mr Palmer is not from SHB country. If you are, allow for the difference.

I am sorry to say the following video is not CC for the hearing impaired.

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: Ace, If You and Mr Trump Had Moved to Palm Springs Sooner!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 09:54:58 am »
I have seen some of his videos, I have met him in person, and agree with a lot of what he preaches.  I realize he is a successful commercial beekeeper in a location that poses some hurdles.  He talks about back yard beekeeping but he does not understand the goal because he a solid commercial beekeeper with unwavering goals.  Learn what you can from him but don't think he is prophet.  His beekeeping is not fun.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 01:08:46 pm »
I have seen some of his videos, I have met him in person, and agree with a lot of what he preaches.  I realize he is a successful commercial beekeeper in a location that poses some hurdles.  He talks about back yard beekeeping but he does not understand the goal because he a solid commercial beekeeper with unwavering goals.  Learn what you can from him but don't think he is prophet.  His beekeeping is not fun.

Thanks Ace, he does have a lot to offer in common scene beekeeping on a large scale. This can be narrowed down to work for the larger hobbyist I would suppose. But a backyard keeper with only a hive or two or three, and no plan to expand, I see your point. 
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 09:43:15 am »
But a backyard keeper with only a hive or two or three, and no plan to expand, I see your point.
Once you get over 3 hives you got to sell the honey.  There is too much for yourself.  And once you start selling and expanding you have taken a step out of the hobbyist realm.  It becomes work and a lot less fun.  Some will say I am just supporting my hobby.  Well no you are not.  You are trying to create income doing something you like.  And there is a big difference.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 11:22:58 am »
But a backyard keeper with only a hive or two or three, and no plan to expand, I see your point.
Once you get over 3 hives you got to sell the honey.  There is too much for yourself.  And once you start selling and expanding you have taken a step out of the hobbyist realm.  It becomes work and a lot less fun.  Some will say I am just supporting my hobby.  Well no you are not.  You are trying to create income doing something you like.  And there is a big difference.

The fun part is still there if one enjoys the progress and doesn't mind work. Richard Noel is a prime example. Debatable, yes, but what you say is basically true, depending on the individual, not a bad thing really.