Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hive of bees  (Read 135 times)

Offline beesonhay465

• New Bee
hive of bees
« on: June 23, 2020, 08:17:46 am »
can anyone give me an idea of what a bee hive with gentle bees is worth, single brood chamber with 2 supers i built a hive and a swarm moved in last spring . they swarmed three times this spring, i caught 2 and hived them now i have 3 hives . im thinking they are a little too much for me. soon to be 85 .

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: hive of bees
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 08:24:54 am »
Details matter.  The equipment is worth about half of what you paid for it and the bees range from 0-300.  The more experience you have the more you can get for them.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:11:57 am »
beesonhay465  It sad to know you must give up your 🐝 bees. I have enjoyed your post here. Wishing good things for you.

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 07:29:53 pm »
Learn to think after you have a thought and before you act.   Pace your self, you are in more of a hurry than the bees.  I'm 86 and am getting better at taking my own advice.  Its not a chore if you enjoy it.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 08:50:27 pm »
Learn to think after you have a thought and before you act.   Pace your self, you are in more of a hurry than the bees.  I'm 86 and am getting better at taking my own advice.  Its not a chore if you enjoy it.

Have you fellows considered the portable hive lifts that are now available?
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.