Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hive of bees  (Read 1137 times)

Offline beesonhay465

• House Bee
hive of bees
« on: June 23, 2020, 08:17:46 am »
can anyone give me an idea of what a bee hive with gentle bees is worth, single brood chamber with 2 supers i built a hive and a swarm moved in last spring . they swarmed three times this spring, i caught 2 and hived them now i have 3 hives . im thinking they are a little too much for me. soon to be 85 .

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: hive of bees
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 08:24:54 am »
Details matter.  The equipment is worth about half of what you paid for it and the bees range from 0-300.  The more experience you have the more you can get for them.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:11:57 am »
beesonhay465  It sad to know you must give up your 🐝 bees. I have enjoyed your post here. Wishing good things for you.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 07:29:53 pm »
Learn to think after you have a thought and before you act.   Pace your self, you are in more of a hurry than the bees.  I'm 86 and am getting better at taking my own advice.  Its not a chore if you enjoy it.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 08:50:27 pm »
Learn to think after you have a thought and before you act.   Pace your self, you are in more of a hurry than the bees.  I'm 86 and am getting better at taking my own advice.  Its not a chore if you enjoy it.

Have you fellows considered the portable hive lifts that are now available?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything