Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Squatters in Seattle Washington have little knowledge, very little.  (Read 592 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
I chose the title carefully.  Squatters have taken control of a six block area of the city as law enforcement hands are tied by political restrictions.  The squatters demand:  free rent, free college, defund police, eliminate salaries of retired law enforcement, retrial by specific origin of all convicted criminals of the same origin, medical facilities by specific origin, courts by specific origin, independence from the USA, autonomous zone.  Entry into this area is guarded by kids with assault weapons that check ID.  Oh, almost forgot, the squatters demand they be given food, like immediately.  This is beyond NUTS.  Cider, Beavo, do you have room for an old beekeeper?

I checked the Japan News and I could not find a single article regarding the mess in the USA, while Iran with China mock, poke fun at the USA.

Careful how you respond!
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: Squatters in Seattle Washington have little knowledge, very little.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 08:56:36 pm »
"Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days
Sometimes it feels like this world's gone crazy
" - country singer The Judds
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 09:13:35 pm »
Gotham City, Sodom & Gomorrah, and Looney Toons - have joined together to bring us: Seattle!!
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 10:02:18 pm »
This has not come about over night. This plan of anarchy has apparently been in progress for quite some time?

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 10:17:42 pm »
Gotham City, Sodom & Gomorrah, and Looney Toons - have joined together to bring us: Seattle!!

Cool; That is to funny, but a bit of truth.

Phil, I adore Reagan, always have, always will.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 04:38:15 am »
I chose the title carefully.  Squatters have taken control of a six block area of the city as law enforcement hands are tied by political restrictions.  The squatters demand:  free rent, free college, defund police, eliminate salaries of retired law enforcement, retrial by specific origin of all convicted criminals of the same origin, medical facilities by specific origin, courts by specific origin, independence from the USA, autonomous zone.  Entry into this area is guarded by kids with assault weapons that check ID.  Oh, almost forgot, the squatters demand they be given food, like immediately.  This is beyond NUTS.  Cider, Beavo, do you have room for an old beekeeper?

I checked the Japan News and I could not find a single article regarding the mess in the USA, while Iran with China mock, poke fun at the USA.

Careful how you respond!
Entry into this area is guarded by kids with assault weapons that check ID.

Isn't this what the NRA wanted? A well-armed militia to guard against federal government interference. :wink:

Arriving in the US on holiday, at passport control I was asked why I was coming, did I intend staying beyond a certain date would I be returning to my home country? When I asked, "why would I want to stay"? I like America but only for a holiday he was quite taken aback as if to say' but everyone wants to stay here'. Not so!
So if you can answer the above we could find a little space for you, albeit it's getting a little tight. :wink:
The above was before 2001
Regards
cider
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 01:57:17 pm »
Entrance into this area is guarded by kids with assault weapons that check ID.

Isn't this what the NRA wanted? A well-armed militia to guard against federal government interference. :wink
:

Cider I see your point, well made.  However I stand by the NRA.

Cheers across the pond.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 03:40:01 pm »
A well-armed militia to guard against federal government interference

WA is an open carry state.  If they own those weapons legally, I'm fine with it.  BUT, we don't have to imagine what happens when a group not approved by the leftists occupies a space and is armed.  It happened in my state.  My state is also an open carry state.

In 2016 a group of right wing people occupied the Malhure bird sanctuary.  They were not interfering with commerce, traffic, or impacting the rights of anyone...other than bird watchers.  They had a gripe against the government. 
They were threatened by the local police, the state police, and the FBI.  The FBI was all over the area playing all kinds of silly games.  Some of them were later lured out of their compound and one of them was murdered by the state police after the FBI caused a panic by firing rounds that came close to hitting people sitting in a car. 
a dozen of them were charged and convicted of various crimes and some did jail time.  Not the people who committed the murder though.  We never got the full results of the investigation, but no one was punished.

So, not all armed protests are treated equally, are they?  If your mind is right, you can take over a bunch of city blocks and a police station, and that's just fine.  No one will try to evict you.  No one will lure you out and shoot you.  In fact, the mayor will call it a block party and you can occupy on!

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 11:04:17 am »
"Entry into this area is guarded by kids with assault weapons that check ID.  Oh, almost forgot, the squatters demand they be given food, like immediately.  "
Easy answer;  withhold the food.  When they are forced to go get their own food and drink they will necessarily lay down their weapons because Starbucks doesn't allow guns!
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 01:43:16 pm »
A good one Hops.
Jim Altmiller
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:11:46 pm by sawdstmakr »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 02:33:36 pm »
A well-armed militia to guard against federal government interference

WA is an open carry state. If they own those weapons legally, I'm fine with it. [/size] BUT, we don't have to imagine what happens when a group not approved by the leftists occupies a space and is armed.  It happened in my state.  My state is also an open carry state.

In 2016 a group of right wing people occupied the Malhure bird sanctuary.  They were not interfering with commerce, traffic, or impacting the rights of anyone...other than bird watchers.  They had a gripe against the government. 
They were threatened by the local police, the state police, and the FBI.  The FBI was all over the area playing all kinds of silly games.  Some of them were later lured out of their compound and one of them was murdered by the state police after the FBI caused a panic by firing rounds that came close to hitting people sitting in a car. 
a dozen of them were charged and convicted of various crimes and some did jail time.  Not the people who committed the murder though.  We never got the full results of the investigation, but no one was punished.

So, not all armed protests are treated equally, are they?  If your mind is right, you can take over a bunch of city blocks and a police station, and that's just fine.  No one will try to evict you.  No one will lure you out and shoot you.  In fact, the mayor will call it a block party and you can occupy on!
Are you actually saying "your happy" that a teenager with an assault weapon can stop you on the street and demand some ID? If you are, you're heading downhill fast toward Anarchy. It is immaterial which party is in power, these people don't believe in politics, only chaos!
Be careful what you wish for, the "unintended consequences" of appeasing the NRA springs to mind. Mind how you go. :wink:
cider
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 03:23:25 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 03:04:05 pm »
There would not be anarchy if the Mayor would uphold the sworn DUTY of supporting the Constitution, instead of promoting anarchy and ternary of the leftist, particle takeover of an AMERICAN city. Perhaps the mayor should be thrown in the pokey along with the anarchist? Or at least be sued for all damage allowed by the mob? Dereliction of duty? You tell me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:20:58 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 08:28:37 pm »
Are you actually saying "your happy" that a teenager with an assault weapon can stop you on the street and demand some ID?

The weapons themselves do not make me unhappy as long as they are legally held.  Whatever else those people are doing, and they are not teens, is not OK.  Being armed while asking for ID is less a problem than that the nutty mayor has let them take over several blocks of a major city and require ID to enter in the first place. 

I know you are freaked out by people in the streets with guns, but it is legal and they are not shooting people and as far as I have heard, they are threatening people with those guns. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 08:34:07 pm »
There would not be anarchy if the Mayor would uphold the sworn DUTY of supporting the Constitution, instead of promoting anarchy and ternary of the leftist, particle takeover of an AMERICAN city. Perhaps the mayor should be thrown in the pokey along with the anarchist?

And by way of Websters, they are not even anarchists.  They have established a form of government and security.  They are more an occupying force that has declared itself separate from the US.  In that case, I suppose they could be treated as a hostile foreign force.

They will get tired and hungry if people stop supplying them.  Probably the best thing the city could do is put a siege force around them and wait them out.  They can wallow in their filth and starve for a couple of days and that's probably all it would take.  No pot, no occupation   :cheesy:
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 12:44:17 am »
kathp, I think you have it correct. 
By now the squatters have been infiltrated by FBI, Homeland Security and local LEO.  Their 6 blocks are wired and on video and under some level of surveillance.  The fact they are permitted to exist is more of an issue with he powers to be than the squatters themselves. 
Most likely the squatters are low hanging fruit and not worth an FBI style raid.  The Feds would rather the locals do the dirty work.  Trump would never allow another Ruby Ridge under his watch.  Never.
The locals want the Feds to come in and do the work for them, as kathyp says, let them rot in their filth.  The Feds have nothing to gain with a raid on the squatters.  The locals think they are poking Trump in the eye by allowing minority protesters/law breakers do their thing.  The locals are wrong. 
If you watch the videos of the squatters, there are very few of them.  This is mostly a media event.  It would be over in a few days if the media (including Fox) walked away.  Take away their canned foods and pot and they go home.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 11:37:28 am »
No, the are not anarchists. they are dyed-in-the-wool Antifa, wannabe communists. 
They tried this crap in Norway.  so how did Norway deal with Antifa?  they laughed them out of existence!  Every move that Antifa made was met with laughter and ridicule.  "Look at those silly children playing grownup.  hahaha !"  The children eventually and quietly went away to their rooms.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 02:39:41 pm »
they are dyed-in-the-wool Antifa, wannabe communists.

They are also BLM which has nothing to do with black lives mattering.  It is a Marxist revolutionary group along the lines of those of the 60s.  If you are black and disagree with them, your life does not matter to them. 

Different from the 60s is the pandering and capitulation.  People are losing jobs when they speak out against them.  Businesses are bowing along with our politicians.  This time they are making real progress because everyone is afraid of them.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 05:43:19 pm »
I think you will find the reason for left leaning democrats pandering to protesters/rioters if you investigate the relationship between BLM/Act Blue/Democratic Party.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 06:11:55 pm »
I think you will find the reason for left leaning democrats pandering to protesters/rioters if you investigate the relationship between BLM/Act Blue/Democratic Party.

Yes, and do a little research on the women who started BLM.  I do know some people in my town that are running around with BLM t-shirts, but there are a lot of people who follow without research.  It is the core that is the problem and they are supported by the uninformed.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2020, 07:20:38 pm »
Oh yes, the three founders of BLM.  I doubt they are anything but paid staff at this point.  The virtue signaling corporate money rolling in has caused then to get real professional with their accounting.  Coke won't give a dime if your legal status is not verifiable.  I doubt they run the show any more (the founders).  Merely figureheads.  The real power in fundraising and siphoning money to the elites. 

As to the character of the three founders, you merely need to read "What We Believe" on their web site.  Slightly liberal for my taste....

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2020, 12:23:01 pm »
No, the are not anarchists. they are dyed-in-the-wool Antifa, wannabe communists. 
They tried this crap in Norway.  so how did Norway deal with Antifa?  they laughed them out of existence!  Every move that Antifa made was met with laughter and ridicule.  "Look at those silly children playing grownup.  hahaha !"  The children eventually and quietly went away to their rooms.

Good point Mr. Hops, I have always enjoyed your post.  You might say we were cut from the same leather, as the Hillbilly?s say in Arkansas.

Van