Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Discovery about bumblebees  (Read 161 times)

Offline Seeb

• House Bee

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: Discovery about bumblebees
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 06:45:29 pm »
That does not suprise me - although I didn't know the details. ... I noticed at my house, that the decorative Plums and Cherry trees began blooming 3-4 weeks longer & with far more blooms, after I got honey bees. In year after I lost my bees - the trees went back to their "normal" bloom cycle of 1-2 weeks. The next year (and every yr since) after I got bees again, the trees bloom long and full.

So - to my observation, the bees have some level of direct control/impact on the health and flower duration of flowering trees & plants.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 02:38:34 pm »
So - to my observation, the bees have some level of direct control/impact on the health and flower duration of flowering trees & plants.

I certainly intend to pay better attention. National Geographic had the same article and were touting it as a potential boon to agriculture if it could be replicated by humans

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 09:18:37 pm »
Thank you for posting this Seeb. Well worth knowing.  Very interesting.......
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.