Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Florida & Georgia, Doing Something Right? Numbers Down!  (Read 149 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Florida Corona cases down 14%
Georgia cases down 12%
Apparently the EXPERTS were wrong again! And thankfully Florida and Georgia are doing something right!

HUM

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: Florida & Georgia, Doing Something Right? Numbers Down!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 09:42:47 am »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 09:33:17 am »
Ben you are so gullible.  Science does not follow the rules of politics.  Clearly social distancing has worked and in areas where social distancing is not practiced the number of cases instantly rise.
The over run of hospitals did not happen because of social distancing (shut down and quarantines).  Now there is a new economic emergency.  Hospitals are losing revenue because people are afraid of going to them for fear of covid.  So now it is OK to let the numbers rise and give the hospitals revenue.
However this doesn't work to well for most businesses.  An outbreak in a large business will decimate the work force.  That would mean Trump would have to open up the boarders again to fill the voids for all the $hit jobs.  Jobs that require training or skills and knowledge would be a big problem for a long time.  So that means more outsourcing...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 10:23:41 am »
I love it ACE! You are more fun than a barrel of monkeys!  Tell us more! I am glad to see you posting here.  How are things in your part of Florida?

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 10:39:09 am »
""So now it is OK to let the numbers rise and give the hospitals revenue.
However this doesn't work to well for most businesses.  An outbreak in a large business will decimate the work force.""

WOW!!!  Hospitals aren't large businesses. I'm sure glad my thoughts were corrected there. I would have bet money some of them were billion dollar outfits.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 10:40:10 am »
Social distancing does work. Wear a mask in public. Don't touch what you don't need to touch. Don't stop living.

I live in an area working its way through a higher rate of infection. (Say 2% to 6% infection rate. 20ish to 60ish cases per 1,000 people). Here is a link to a map with the actual numbers which I find interesting.
https://gis.suffolkcountyny.gov/portal/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/76a26a0c83634266aa9efc35bd4f1975
We flattened the curve. Suffolk County more or less meets the state criteria for phase one of reopening. Our hospital system is capable of treating the most seriously infected.

So let's get back to business already.
Tom

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 10:45:31 am »
Hospitals come in all sizes.
Gov. Cuomo wants them to operate at a 30% vacancy rate. That is not sustainable.
All sorts of non covid cases disappeared through the peak. ER doctors can't explain why the cases did not show up for treatment.
Heart attacks were way down.
Tom