Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: State electoral colleges  (Read 246 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
State electoral colleges
« on: April 14, 2020, 04:28:39 pm »
I wonder what it would take to get a state equivalent of an electoral college.
I am sure many states are like mine where a small geographical area constantly is able to select our governor.Most times when that happens, we are reduced to nothing but the purse that funds the ideology we disagree with.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: State electoral colleges
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 09:49:13 pm »
Seems out of balance doesn't it.

Online Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 11:02:46 am »
It would take an amendment to your state's constitution.
but...It will likely never happen.  The urban power center will not surrender the power it holds over the less densely populated areas. 
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 11:14:01 am »
The urban power center will not surrender the power it holds over the less densely populated areas.

and states like mine are wanting to throw all the presidential electors to the popular vote winner no matter how many in the state vote.   Piece by piece a large part of the country is being disenfranchised by the people who claim they are against disenfranchising the voters.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 09:29:23 pm »
Hops Brewster and Kathy ,I wish we could find a way to get back closer to our constitutional republic.
What better way to seize control than by isolate and seperate like we are seeing now.
Its too bad we dont have journalists and media with credibility.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 10:58:54 am »
What better way to seize control than by isolate and seperate like we are seeing now.

But. it is certainly showing the ideological divide between parties, isn't it?  I hope these leftist governors are scaring the crap out of people. 

On the other hand, too many people seem happy to sit home and wait for magic money to be passed to them. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 07:40:29 pm »
Today our Governor Wolf was asked what a business can do about employees that wont come back because they are making too much on unemployment with the extra 600 per week everyone gets until the end of July.
His answer: I guess employers need to step it up with the pay!
 :angry:

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 06:07:29 am »
I?m pretty sure PA has income tax. If he forces employers to increase pay, then he gets more tax money. With more taxes, he can give more more money to his friends which means more money in his pocket.
Makes sense to him. 😡
Jim Altmiller

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 03:53:59 pm »
Im seeing these actions more as a push toward Bernies guaranteed minimum income and single payer health care.
My wife and I were both laid off by this "pandemic" and along with that our health care provided through her employer was gone on day of determination.
Her job was probably a permanent layoff,after 28 years and any replacement jobs will come with greatly reduced pay.
Any jobs Ive applied for wont have any answers until we are allowed to open back up.
Weve had the stay at home order extended to May 8th at least.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 12:44:58 am »
Ken and everyone, hope you all come through this not to badly scared from the virus, leftist and everything else.  They are wanting to take away the electoral college, first amendment, second amendment, and then do what they want to who ever is left.  Just my thoughts on the matter.

Joe D