Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Convenience of a Bee Vac  (Read 744 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
The Convenience of a Bee Vac
« on: April 06, 2020, 11:39:49 pm »
When I decided to take the plunge and become a beekeeper, I was determined to catch my own bees. What I did is watch many videos of cutouts being done and watched very closely. One thing I quickly realized by watching is the importance of a bee vac. Though not necessary they sure are handy.

Since my first cutouts, I have also learned the bee vac has other uses beside cutouts. I would not want to think of doing a swarm catch without mine, simply because it all but eliminates the confusion of bees flying everywhere. They are GREAT for catching swarms.

Last season while collecting honey. I decided to place my honey boxes in our screened porch (which is connected to our sunroom), to avoid robbing. Though I attempted to rid the honey supers of bees, there was still stranglers in the honey boxes. Naturally there were bees all over the inside of screened porch trying to find their way out. Once again, I broke out the bee vac, screen frame by screen frame, collected every single bee. By taking the vac outside, opening it, they were on their merry way. I highly recommend a bee vac to any beekeeper. You will eventually find a use for it whether you do hive removals or not.

Phillip Hall
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:05:25 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.