Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Coffeepot is Empty  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: The Coffeepot is Empty
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 09:35:25 am »
The Navy, Army, and Marine Corps have jets, choppers and heavy bombers.
Yup and that is why they are inefficient. They should all be part of the air force, same with carriers.  In peace time like now we don't even need a navy if we were still building ships.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 11:02:36 am »
They should all be part of the air force, same with carriers.

the hot water bill for field training would be enormous!   :wink:

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 11:06:15 am »
Get real, tech is always an issue.

What I meant by that was that we could put millions of pretty much untrained people onto the battlefield and they needed no technical skills.  They only needed to run and shoot.

To win battles using tech, you need people trained in tech.  While there is still a place for the ground pounder, the unskilled soldier is less needed or wanted.  Yes, we may only train them in that one skill they need for that one thing they are doing, but we don't just shove a rifle in their hand and send them to fight.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 03:47:42 pm by kathyp »
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 02:53:57 pm »
>What you propose has been done twice in my lifetime.  Done while I was serving.  Carter cut the military and so did Clinton.  The results were not good. 

"If you want to know when a war might be coming, you just watch the U.S. and see when it starts cutting down on its defenses. It's the surest barometer in the world."--Will Rogers

Will Rogers, Bryan B. Sterling, Frances N. Sterling (1993). ?Will Rogers' World: America's Foremost Political Humorist Comments on the Twenties and Thirties--and Eighties and Nineties?, p.19, Rowman & Littlefield

My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 09:12:35 am »
I would like to know what years we cut our defenses and what wars we were in that we needed to be. (or were of our own making)
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 07:51:19 pm »
Just as I suspected, it seems since Cider quit taking his turn at making coffee. The pot  has been pretty much empty 😊.
I?m Concerned about you Cider and you just have to laugh.  The message is in the last statement.

Phillip Hall
Just to top up.....will the coronavirus be the straw that breaks the Camels back and derail G&Ts re-election?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51803890
Things have gone from bad to worse.  From fake news to state of emergency to 0% interest rates. Time to panic buy the ammo doh, already done it, now where are those toilet rolls.....and whiskey :cheesy:
In actual fact not really in a funny mood, having to look after someone in a very poorly state, how do I cope with a two to sixteen week isolation period? Thank God I have supportive children close by. And friends on here. Even iddee! :smile:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:07:52 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 08:25:02 pm »
They say quinine attaches to your body cells and prevents the virus from entering them.

NOW, pay attention, cider.
One pint of quinine water, AKA tonic water, mixed with one pint Jim Beam, over ice, daily, will make life "seem"much better. JUST DON"T DRIVE>>>>>>>>>

:shocked: :shocked: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 08:48:37 pm »
Stay well Cider.
Keep your head up.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 09:19:23 pm »
Cider on a serious note, you and yours have my concerns, in my thoughts, and in my prayers also.
Your friend,
Phillip
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2020, 07:54:09 pm »
They say quinine attaches to your body cells and prevents the virus from entering them.

One pint of quinine water, AKA tonic water, mixed with one pint Jim Beam, over ice, daily, will make life "seem"much better. JUST DON"T DRIVE>>>>>>>>>

Would love to join you especially with the JB although I would probably bring my own single malt :wink: Tried to get a flight ticket but they won't let me in! Maybe they don't like disruptive people. :cheesy:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 08:32:46 pm »

Would love to join you especially with the JB although I would probably bring my own single malt :wink: Tried to get a flight ticket but they won't let me in! Maybe they don't like disruptive people. :cheesy:

You would fit right in Cider, there has been disruption here ever since the Mayflower landed from Jolly Old England...
(Until we sent Cornwallis Packing)! lol.  :wink:

Though I feel you would fit right in.  :grin:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 08:40:57 pm »
If that were true, I would already be gone. Keep trying. I'll still be here when you make it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 08:48:19 pm »
Cider, if you were able to someday come to Beefeast, no doubt you would be the Guest of Honor!!!  At least you would be in my opinion.....

Phillip Hall

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 11:20:02 am »
Moved to another topic.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 07:16:31 pm »
If that were true, I would already be gone. Keep trying. I'll still be here when you make it.
iddee
What's it like in your neck of the woods? Everything heading for a lockdown, are people stockpiling? As we are both of a vulnerable age are you self isolating or carrying on as normal? Look after yourself I still need a foil! :wink: Or even a leg to chew on :cheesy:
Regards
Cider 

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 09:09:51 pm »
I'm carrying on as usual, but that needs explaining. We keep about 3 months staples at home, then only buy milk and a few other items along the way. I am helping a friend catch swarms and spending time at my lake house. No gatherings over 10 people are allowed, so no bee meetings or other get-to-gethers.
How about you? I hear bad things about it in the UK from the lying MSM.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2020, 01:11:09 pm »
I'm carrying on as usual, but that needs explaining. We keep about 3 months staples at home, then only buy milk and a few other items along the way. I am helping a friend catch swarms and spending time at my lake house. No gatherings over 10 people are allowed, so no bee meetings or other get-to-gethers.
Depends on which "Lying MSM" you read, I tend to gather news from the BBC amongst others which I find to be pretty reliable. Also, we get news briefings from the chief scientists and the Prime Minister every day. Now you could say that is like listening to G&T :rolleyes: but I find the PM more agreeable and somewhat more truthful :cheesy:
Regards
Cider
PS Is the 'lake house' on Randleman Lake?

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2020, 02:29:18 pm »

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2020, 07:08:53 am »
Just a selection of stories: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2020, 07:58:34 pm »
Things have gone from bad to worse, cannot now leave the house. No gatherings of more than two people, the whole country seems to be in lockdown. At least the government will pay 80% of everyone's salary, not that it matters to the retired! I always wondered what it would be like in jail..... it looks like I'm about to find out! :sad: