Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fukushima radiation dumped in ocean: what they don?t tell you, I will.  (Read 334 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Tritium is basically a extremely weak radiation.  I worked with H3 or tritium for decades.  This tritium is most likely the least powerful of all radiation.  Tritium does not have the energy to pierce a piece of paper.  A simple radiation detector counter proves this.  Just place a piece of paper between the rad counter and tritium then read the rad counter will read Zero.

There are millions of gallons of reactor waste, tritium water being stored at the site and the storage tanks are getting full of this H3 water.  The only option is to dump the radioactive water in the ocean. The Weather Channel has a video on this subject and they are trying their best to stoke the fears of us all.  Other news agencies are also stoking the fear of radiation aka the unknown.  Fear fear fear, and keep reading so the agencies like the weather channel can charge more for commercials inwhich the price is based on audience size.

I just want folks to realize the waste water is tritium, a very weak radiation substance.  I am not saying the tritium is harmless nor good for the ocean!!!  But I am saying don?t panic likes The weather channel desires.  I?d rather not have the ocean polluted, never a good idea.  But the world is not gonna end due to tritium.  So now you know the truth and base your opinion +- of such.

I rarely post to the coffee house, so let me say Hi, Hello to Cider and ID along with the rest of the gang.

Health to all.
Van
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:33:35 pm by van from Arkansas »
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Fukushima radiation dumped in ocean: what they don?t tell you, I will.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:38:11 pm »
All the septic tanks empty into the ground, the water filters through the dirt, into the creeks, and down to the rivers. We then recycle the water back into the municipal water systems and back into our kitchens. How much worse could the tritium be if it was spread on or in the ground and filtered through the earth as our septic tanks are ?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:58:12 pm »
Iddee please, some of us have wells!!!  lol
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:07:28 pm »
Very deep wells, so I sleep well.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:23:25 pm »
Very deep wells, so I sleep well.

Yes van I am sure you sleep well for the reason, anyone who has handled as much radiation as you certainly would not be concerned of the thought of a little septic seepage deep or shallow.  lol 
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:49 pm »
Har har, that is a good one Phil.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 01:59:55 pm »
Har har, that is a good one Phil.

I knew you would like it  :grin:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 04:59:29 pm »
Well, it came out of him, may as well go back in him.  :tongue:   :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 05:12:44 pm »
Well, it came out of him, may as well go back in him.  :tongue:   :cheesy:

You are a rough customer!!  But I admit that is funny !lol

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 06:12:12 pm »
After the accident people were freaking out.  Somewhere there was a post that showed the ratio of contaminated water to the amount of water going into the ocean.  There's more natural background radiation that we are exposed to than what we'd get in the ocean from Fukashima unless you stood in the outflow from the plant.

We did have some potential injuries to sailors on ships that went to help.  The info from Japan was less than complete and the sailors were exposed to what was released into the air right after the accident.  The amount of exposure and the results are hard to measure, but there is no doubt that claims will be paid anyway.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 12:18:52 am »
Does this now mean that tuna is safe to eat?   :shocked: :grin:

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 09:32:03 am »
Does this now mean that tuna is safe to eat?   :shocked: :grin:

par boiled sushi?
Tom