Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive starvation.  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Bob Wilson

• House Bee
Re: Hive starvation.
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2020, 11:01:25 pm »
Phillip. Yes I have a variety of weeds in my yard, and especially my garden, which I have not dug yet. Henbit is  among them, and I have seen them working it. I also saw some purple red pollen on the bees. Someone mentioned henbit.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: Hive starvation.
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2020, 11:15:07 pm »
Phillip. Yes I have a variety of weeds in my yard, and especially my garden, which I have not dug yet. Henbit is  among them, and I have seen them working it. I also saw some purple red pollen on the bees. Someone mentioned henbit.

I mentioned henbit, but I do not know much about it Bob, except it does provide both nectar and pollen. What I do not know is the Percentage of each, (meaning is this plant of great value to our bees)? Maybe you can help me with this or maybe I should just be thankful for the blessing and relax? lol  As you know if you have been here for the past (almost two years) I am very inquisitive and seeking to lean more, (maybe to much)? LOL, Always asking questions, which may annoy you kind folks at times, but that is how we all learn right?  I am glad that you are blessed with the benefits of henbit also. Thank you for your reply.
Phillip

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 08:37:09 am by Ben Framed »