Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Russia?s new Hypersonic weapon could be unstoppable.  (Read 260 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Russia?s new Hypersonic weapon could be unstoppable.
« on: January 18, 2020, 10:38:43 am »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Russia?s new Hypersonic weapon could be unstoppable.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 08:56:51 am »
Their claim of 20 times the speed of sound plus very maneuver does not sound very feasible. The forces at those speeds on fins are extremely high even while traveling straight. Even using vector jets, you still need fins.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 02:12:02 pm »
That is true Jim, I was thinking the same Thing as per speed and maneuverability. If there claims are true, there must be some type of technology that permits the missile to slow down considerably in the midst of flight which will allow it to make the turns, then the speed is turned up once again?   
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 10:08:17 pm »
meanwhile, the US Army is busy adapting the Navy's ship-mounted laser system to be mounted on trucks.  Speed of light is faster than hypersonic.  And these new lasers are operational, folks.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.