Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'  (Read 4781 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2020, 11:24:24 pm »
My last post was taken down. I really thought it was a good response to our friend Ciders post which was directed toward Iddee and Myself calling us a name.  Nothing bad, or ugly from me. I see Ciders post is now edited by the moderator and my response is gone, which I had responded with a (:tongue:) as he had gave us, while saying back at you. Must be tough being a moderator. lol. Good job anyway Jim.

Phillip
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:43:06 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 12:12:23 am »
 > Cuomo did not outlaw chloroquine.  In fact, the state order far more of it than they'll ever use.  He did restrict it to prescription only and left it to doctors.  I heard, but have not verified that he said not to use it for suspected cases and save it for the sick.
Not a fan of the guy, but not going to blame him for what he did not do.

What Dr Oz said is "The trial that I was helping with at my institution was shut down when the governor banned the use of hydroxychloroquine for prescription for out patients. I was trying to see if it could prevent early disease and replicate what has been done in China and in France. Unfortunately those trials have been held back."

No conspiracy theory here,  these are words right from the horses mouth. (Dr Oz).  See post 69. 
So what does this mean, does the governor want to wait until a person is almost dead before administering the drug?

Now the commentary done after the Lou Dobbs / Dr Oz interview could be zipped as far as I am concerned. I see no good in the raving. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:34:34 am by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2020, 06:41:49 am »
Don't worry, Kathy. My tough old skin would make an alligator's skin look as thin as cellophane in comparison. Go ahead and rant. You will get Jim and John on you long before you will bother me.

Phillip, Kenny Rogers said, You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em.   :cool: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2020, 11:10:55 am »
>Phillip, Kenny Rogers said, You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em.   :cool: :cheesy:

That's true Iddee, and words to heed. Kathy is an excellent debater for sure! lol  Most of the time I agree with most of what she says. However, sometimes there are things that look and smell fishy that need a closer look.
 :shocked: :happy:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2020, 01:57:47 pm »

CDC Tweets ! ! !
Sandy Sweikar

I was tired of hearing how Trump called the virus a hoax and ?did nothing? until March.... So I did research. Here?s the real timeline of what happened (all of this BEFORE we had even one death in the US) :
1/6 CDC issues travel advisory for Wuhan.
1/11 CDC tweets about corona related ?pneumonia outbreak in China?
1/14 WHO tweets that there is no evidence of human to human transmission.
1/17 CDC started doing health screenings at 3 airports of travelers from China.
1/21 first case in US for someone who traveled directly from Wuhan.
1/23 WHO again says no human to human transmission outside of China.
1/27 WHO raises alert level but is still saying China has it contained.
1/28 CDC states ? While CDC considers covid a serious situation and is taking preparedness measures, the immediate risk in the US is considered low.?
1/29 White House announces Coronavirus Task Force created Note - this is despite the WHO downplaying the threat!
1/31 Trump bans travel from China.
Media and multiple Democrats slam his decision calling it racist/xenophobic.
2/5 Trump acquitted (impeachment).

Chuck Schumer in a tweet continues to call Trumps? travel ban from China ?premature and racist"

2/7 White House?s Coronavirus Task Force gives press briefing.
2/9 White House Coronavirus Task Force meets with all governors regarding virus.
2/12 CDC waiting for approval from Chinese for CDC team to travel to China.
2/18 HHS announces partnership to develop vaccine.
2/21 Italy identifies its very first case in their country.
2/21 CDC tweets that it is working with States for preparedness.
2/24 Trump sent letter to Congress asking for $25B for virus effort.

Nancy Pelosi made a stop in Chinatown and encouraged people to ?please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown.?

2/25 there is still no reported community spread in the US!!! (Per CDC tweet.)
2/27 first community transmission in US.
2/27 Trump appoints Pence to coordinate efforts.
2/29 FIRST reported Covid19 death in US.
3/4 democrats slam the president for "not doing enough fast enough

It is helpful to look at the actual timeline. All of this happened BEFORE the 1st death in US.
I got most of this info from CDC tweets so anyone can look it up to check for accuracy. There were many more actions in between, I just took some highlights.

Trump announces there are 2 medicines that could really help battle this virus. Democrats and the media immediately attack him calling him irresponsible. Accusing him of giving people false hope and started to claim nothing has been approved to treat the virus.

Fast forward 6 days and NY governor Cuomo says exactly the same thing the president said. "Says there's two drugs they will start trying to treat this virus with". Suddenly the democrats and media all start saying this is what great leadership looks like because it was said by Cuomo. They have no shame, no credibility or any resemblance of integrity within them. All that matters to them it seems is to attack Trump and the conservatives.

The democrats fought to include millions of spending in the relief bill that had nothing to do with helping those who needed help immediately. Now in parts 2 and 3 of the relief bill they are trying to do more of the same all while pointing fingers at the president when he and the senate refuse to sign due to the strain on the economy with all the wasteful spending the democrats insist on adding.

Lets not forget, our economy was booming, the formerly jobless were employed and a huge trade deal with China had all happened in just a short period of time, then all at once, Saudi undercut the cost of oil per barrel, Russia began over producing oil, then the virus spread from China with the WHO covering for them all causing our economy to tank... sorry, I just do not believe in coincidence.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2020, 02:47:25 pm »
I have to agree with Kathy's "rant". Data coming out now, shows this virus was most likely in California (and causing some deaths), as early as august last year.

Several areas tested are showing "herd immunity" - (means that 60% percent of non-symptomatic people tested already have antibodies to the virus - which means they've already had it, and recovered).

The actual test data isn't showing a pandemic, nor is it matching the "projections" ... the data is showing that it's more of a normal strain of virus, blown completely out of control by media, industry, politicians, etc.

And on, and on. ...

At this point, all of it has the "smell" of a massive hoax - to my nose ...
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2020, 03:10:00 pm »
I was trying to see if it could prevent early disease and replicate what has been done in China and in France.

He did do that.  He restricted the use.  I understand why doc OZ would be upset, but studies are being done and it is being used.  Now, IDK why he restricted the use, but other govs have also.  Supply?  Control?  something to look at later.
At this point, all of it has the "smell" of a massive hoax - to my nose ...

I don't think it is a hoax and it does fit the definition of a pandemic.  I also recognize that what we thought at the beginning has changed and what we thought a couple of weeks ago has changed.  It went from nothing to worry about, to full-on panic, to probably not as bad as the panic led us to believe.  I don't fault anyone for that.  We learn as we go.

Flattening the curve, social distancing, mitigation by closing things, was never about keeping people from getting sick and dying.  It was to keep people from getting sick and dying all at the same time and crashing the system. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2020, 05:07:49 pm »
> Flattening the curve, social distancing, mitigation by closing things, was never about keeping people from getting sick and dying.  It was to keep people from getting sick and dying all at the same time and crashing the system.

At least one country did not bite the hook and take the bait. lol At least when this news clip uas published. I do not know what has happened there since.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2020, 05:10:48 pm »
Reply #84
I appreciate the detail and very good information. Good post Iddee.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2020, 05:25:07 pm »
The numbers were never there, even in China. I am not counting Cool out as being wrong. A Hoax? Maybe so Cool. The numbers were never there, even from the beginning.  I posted a video titled Especially for Van, Member, and Baabees showoing the actual numbers, weeks ago, a detailed chart from all over the world. Again, the numbers were never there. If you recall the fake news medias were claiming there would be millions dead in China in a matter of weeks. I am happy that this was not the true. I am happy the experts were wrong for the good of all. It is always good to be cautious, but even again, the numbers were never there.  A hoax, you decide. 

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2020, 07:27:40 pm »
President Trump was just on TV going through most of the tweets Iddee listed and news reports put out by the fake news media. It was great.
Jim Altmiller

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2020, 07:42:28 pm »
Kathy:  There are a number of new studies of the virus out.  They specifically say that it does not appear to be engineered, but it has mutated, probably a number of times.  Also that it has been circulating much earlier than we thought.  Probably at least since November.

Ms. Kathy, Bless you Lady.  I have studied the original corona virus, compared to the Corvid19 sequence.  Corvid19 has a perfect insertion of ACE2 and perfect insertion of glycoprotein from HIV: exact match.  Just not possible in nature.  But no need to take my word for it, Wuhan  Institute of Virology published scientific article they inserted ACE2.  They, Wuhan, were criticized  by world scientists.  The papers are online, no need to take my word for it.  Research ACE2 Wuhan virologist and read the paper for yourself 2018.  The Chinese published they inserted ACE2.  ACE2 is the molecular key to unlock the door to a human cell.  Without ACE2, Corvid19 would be harmless to humans.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2020, 08:03:11 pm »
I have studied the original corona virus, compared to the Corvid19 sequence.  Corvid19 has a perfect insertion of ACE2 and perfect insertion of glycoprotein from HIV: exact match.  Just not possible in nature.  But no need to take my word for it, Wuhan  Institute of Virology published scientific article they inserted ACE2.  They, Wuhan, were criticized  by world scientists.  The papers are online, no need to take my word for it.  Research ACE2 Wuhan virologist and read the paper for yourself 2018.  The Chinese published they inserted ACE2.  ACE2 is the molecular key to unlock the door to a human cell.  Without ACE2, Corvid19 would be harmless to humans.

I know the assertions are online along with HIV being a Russian weapon, and Vaccines being used to sterilize people.  If you have links to the actual research, I'd be happy to look at it.  You may be right, but I have read two reports from European research that do not agree with it being a manufactured virus.  Now, that's not the same as saying it did not come out of a lab.  It may well have escaped a lab.  They just did not find DNA evidence in their sequencing to show it was a manipulated virus. 

Ms. Kathy, Bless you Lady

Is that like "Bless your heart"?   :grin:

This is one that I read
https://jvi.asm.org/content/jvi/94/7/e00127-20.full.pdf

this is less relevant to our conversation
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.120.016219

I'll try to find the European paper that was tracking mutations.  Have it somewhere in my saved file.

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2020, 08:07:39 pm »

We do ourselves no favors when we start sounding as nuts and the leftists. 

No you don?t, nice to hear some reason.
Fact is it?s killing people and this is what we should be concentrating on, not pointing the finger.
Here in Aus we have closed all state and regional borders allowing only essential services. In the West, where I am, it never got out of control and we pretty much have it contained but the borders still remain shut. All cases were of course linked to international travel and the majority came from the US.
Our measures have been strict for sure, not something I?d imagine you would stand for over there, but they are working here but unfortunately it?s a pandemic so like it or not we?re all linked and until a cure for this is found, tested and administered your actions govern our actions. This is not a time for high horses, it?s a time for unity.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2020, 08:46:26 pm »
High horses have nothing to do with is Skeggley. No high horses here, we are all friends. Facts and numbers do have something to do with the opinions. The numbers do not match the hype or claims, and I hope they never do. I realize this is a peculiar subject with emotions running high on all equations. I am certainly not your enemy, nor are others here which question the situation. I hope we do not come across as arrogant, as this is not my intention nor do I believe it is of the others which have posted here. Critical thinking is my intention. I have great respect for each poster here.
Yes Sir I agree that there are folks dying from this awfulness. As you said, most of your cases came from America and that may be so? And our cases may have came from China? No matter where they came form they are here, and there in your country. Most folks these days traveling a great distance, do so by Airplane.Let me ask you, are your Airlines still carrying passengers in your country? I do not know if we are here? I confess, I have not checked to see. If this was as deadly as the officials say, NO ONE should be allowed to travel by plane. Folks all trapped together inside the small portals of a plane, breathing the same air. Just food for thought. Stay safe my friend.

Phillip

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2020, 09:21:07 pm »
Well said by all parties: kathyp, phillip, Skeggley, van, etc.

I certainly hope the virus/pandemic doesn't turn out to be as bad as anyone sold it to be.

Preliminary data is showing that we may all have been "hoaxed" (my words). We need more data.

In the mean time: every source on planet earth has been trying to convince us that their "findings" are the right ones. Is it a weaponized virus? Some say yes. Are we being fed "false data" to calm people down? ... or to excite us? Maybe. Maybe both ... I dunno. ... I figure we'll have a pretty good idea of the truth in 3-4 years.

For me - I'll wait for the data ... since I can find a source [that swears it's the gospel] for every other possibility.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2020, 09:45:44 pm »
No mate as I said only essential travel is permitted. Yes planes still fly and trucks are still rolling cargo. Anyone moving between states, and regions within states are subjected to compulsory 2 week isolation.
For the record, here in Australia we have a population of 25 mil, confirmed cases at 6.4k with a death toll of just 61 (Still 61 too many.) well under the earlier projected total, all because of the early measures implemented by the government.
Social distancing, self isolation, crowd restrictions, non essential travel and other measures are working to contain the virus here to the detriment of many businesses but I think we all accept it as necessary. Sure conspiracy theories abound on social media which is of concern as some take theories as fact and this is causing small outbreaks here and there.
No dining in at restaurants, pubs and clubs all closed. Public parks and playgrounds closed. Gatherings of more than 2 banned. (Excluding family members)
Would you guys accept these measures?
Cruise ships have been our biggest virus importers.
At the moment we have just one enemy and until it is defeated, and it will be, we ALL need to work together.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2020, 10:28:45 pm »
Thanks for your countrys report Skaggley.

Phillip

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2020, 10:53:14 pm »
Would you guys accept these measures?

We are although there are variations state to state.  We are a republic.

all but essential services are closed.  In my state that includes parks, state parks, hiking trails..

We will accept it up to a point, but as I said above, the goal never was to keep everyone well.  It was to keep the system from collapsing.  In particular, the medical system.

At some point, the balance between the economic damage being done and the potential for the virus to sicken or kill more people has to be weighed.
Using my left and right RB friends as a non-scientific barometer, I do not think people will tolerate this shutdown past the end of April.  I will say that my leftist friends are happier to comply as long as the government shovels out money.   :wink:  They don't seem to care where that money comes from.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2020, 09:53:03 am »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.