Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The current state of politics  (Read 987 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
Re: The current state of politics
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2019, 05:36:33 pm »
I'd say it ties in very well.
Thanks Sal, good laugh, accurate portrayal. 
Lemme git th't latter fir my horse!
But, just like iddee, you bite every time. :cheesy: Where would we be without you :rolleyes: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Just tweak the neo in you and off you go again.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:48:14 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2019, 06:14:38 am »
Quote (Someone has to pay to look after the places you lot like to gawp at. :wink: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:)

Yes Cider, I agree with you yet again.  Someone has to pay for it, but not here in America according to some of these DUMB democrats. Some seem to think everything is free! AOC for example, in fact she is so dumb she suggested building a train to Hawaii! Can you believe that?
Another suggested that islands simply float around in the ocean and that if we build too much stuff they will become out of balance and tip over!  Yet dummies keep voting for this type Representation!
Just theory proven fact when a nation dummies down the educational system.  This is what we get! Sad and a Shame.  These same dummies that vote for this type representation, this political party, now want to remove our President:  Democrats: Goodness!!
Ben
Would you prefer a one-party state? Certainly sounds like it, to have a democracy you have to put up with the dummies. i.e. the rioting idiots in London

No I would not Cider, there needs to be checks and balances. I am afraid a one party system would lead to even more corruption eventually, in the long run.  Actually a well balanced three party system would be more to my liking. And yes there will always be dummies, bless their hearts. Sometimes we all can fall in that category on one subject or another.   I will confess, I have put my foot in my mouth many times and felt like the biggest dummy. haa haa :shocked:
But I try to look for what is right.  :wink:

As you probably know we have a multi-party state which used to jog along with two of the main parties more or less alternating
Now we have the Conservative (Rep) Labour (centrist) Liberal-Dems (God only knows) SNPs (Scot-Nationist) Plaid-Cymru (Welsh Nationist) UKIP (UK Nationist) BREXIT (which we will have shortly) and the plethora of candidates in funny outfits, those are amongst the 'idiots you need to put up with' And also the parties in NI (the less said the better)
It all probably boils down to money, have or have not, us and them. In other words a hangover of the class system. This seemed to be breaking down in this election Lab areas turning Con but probably only on loan but you never know.
Before long we may even not have a UK, no Scotland, still no great loss, no more pushing money north via the Barnet Formula :wink: We could even have our own Glen Avon Whisky. :cheesy: 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 02:37:01 pm by cidersabuzzin »

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2019, 11:05:34 am »
Before long we may even not have a UK, no Scotland,

Maybe, but Scotland probably doesn't want to lose it's "stuff", and I can't see you guys booting them.  Would the EU take over their care and feeding?
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2019, 11:53:15 am »
How would the loss of the Scots affect the balance of power in Parliament?

I would think the EU would support the Scots just to poke the Brits in the eye.

I am I correct in remembering that the whole Brexit deal began with forced immigration quotas from the EU?  I remember reading about immigration camps in Calais hitching rides on the Chunnel Railway.

What is the average Brits opinion of Poland and Hungry not accepting EU immigration quotas?

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2019, 02:57:50 pm »
How would the loss of the Scots affect the balance of power in Parliament?

I would think the EU would support the Scots just to poke the Brits in the eye.

I am I correct in remembering that the whole Brexit deal began with forced immigration quotas from the EU?  I remember reading about immigration camps in Calais hitching rides on the Chunnel Railway.

What is the average Brits opinion of Poland and Hungry not accepting EU immigration quotas?
How would the loss of the Scots affect the balance of power in Parliament?........It wont

I would think the EU would support the Scots just to poke the Brits in the eye.      Doubtful, it would encourage other breakaway Provinces

One of the main  reasons for BREXIT was uncontrollable immigration from the EU ie "free movement"
The others are Refugees probably 90% which are economic migrants posing as refugees, wanting free housing, money, healthcare etc.
I shall have to stop this, sounding more like iddee, uck! :shocked: 

With this lot can you see the EU entertaining Scotland? In actual fact, we would have to pay them to take them away.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_Europe

re Poland and Hungary, I don't think Poland has a leg to stand on, they come over here in droves. But of refugees most would agree. Refugees who leave the first safe country are not refugees but more or less economic migrants.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 03:12:31 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2019, 09:04:39 pm »
I don't think Poland has a leg to stand on, they come over here in droves.

Are they a large part of your welfare class though?  I was given to understand that they are pretty hard workers wherever they land?
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2019, 11:04:28 am »
Sal I do not see how this ties in with the coffee house. Maybe it went over my head. 😊😁 Would fit well in the humor section because it did bring a smile. 😊

That being the case you might like this also.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2019, 05:34:44 pm »
I don't think Poland has a leg to stand on, they come over here in droves.

Are they a large part of your welfare class though?  I was given to understand that they are pretty hard workers wherever they land?
It depends where you're coming from. Tens, nay, hundreds of thousands (911,000) and that's just the Poles! As you know it starts to affect the local infrastructure. Housing needs, schools that suffer from lots of students not fluent in English. Pressure on local medical services/hospitals. Child allowance being sent back 'home' when the child wasn't in this country start to grate. Nothing against Poles per se, hard-working as you say and will take on jobs that others won't. But.......they are just one of the unrestrained EU immigrants   :sad: One very large reason for BREXIT amongst numerous others.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:22:53 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2019, 11:16:46 pm »
It depends where you're coming from.

We have the same problem here with both legal and illegal people.  multiple languages in schools.  Welfare.  Housing.  Same as you guys only in bigger multiples.  At some point, it does stress the system and who knows where the breaking point is. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2019, 05:40:12 pm »
Sal I do not see how this ties in with the coffee house. Maybe it went over my head. 😊😁 Would fit well in the humor section because it did bring a smile. 😊

That being the case you might like this also.

He may get a second if he can carry the mugs with him! A la jvalentour, iddee and Ben framed? etc. I was under the impression there was no third term? But who knows what G&T could finagle. He has pulled the wool over so many people's eyes His Twitterati will believe anything. :rolleyes: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2019, 09:17:26 pm »
Are you finally admitting he's smart enough to do whatever he wants?   :wink: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2019, 07:18:54 am »
Are you finally admitting he's smart enough to do whatever he wants?   :wink: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Do you really believe that? :rolleyes:
But then again I did class you as part of his Twitterati :wink: :cheesy:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2019, 07:50:32 am »
No, I don't really believe you are finally admitting the truth. That's why I asked.   :cool: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2019, 11:44:06 pm »
He may get a second if he can carry the mugs with him! A la jvalentour, iddee and Ben framed? etc

I'll be voting early and often, now Cider, be a good chap and get the horse.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2019, 05:30:57 pm »
He may get a second if he can carry the mugs with him! A la jvalentour, iddee and Ben framed? etc

I'll be voting early and often, now Cider, be a good chap and get the horse.
Nay :grin: I don't have anything to do with equines, previously you have provided your own. I'm just concerned you may fall off before getting down. So canter off until at least next year, or middle of hopefully. Happy New Year :cheesy:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:50:14 am by cidersabuzzin »