Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The current state of politics  (Read 935 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: The current state of politics
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 07:12:23 pm »

You are like the Australia Blue Heeler dog Wally, just get your teeth into a leg and hang on in there  !  !

Iddee is Tuff alright!

I had one of those  Blue Healers Geoff. In fact I wrote telling about him when I had plenty of time while my daddy was in the hospital for a long stay. I was there with him. I had plenty of time then for that true story.  Look up; (My Friend Tuff).   I think it was in the farm section. Brother, Tuff was Tuff!
Phillip
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:55:58 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2019, 06:20:15 am »
???????  Charities here don't pay taxes. How crude are you Londoners, anyway?

PS.  Trump gives his whole salary to charity.
Sorry, I should have realised who I was speaking to! :smile: I pay a membership fee for the National Trust currently $160.00 per annum. The trust can claim gift aid which is 25% of membership fee from the government.

They are recceiving the tax I paid on the income I used to get the membership plus another 5%

Membership numbers have grown from 226,200 when the trust celebrated its 75th anniversary in 1970 to 500,000 in 1975, 1 million in 1981, 2 million in 1990, and by 2015, membership had reached 4.24 million. Members are entitled to free entry to trust properties that are open to the public for a charge.
Membership: 5.6 million (2019)
Purpose: To look after Places of Historic Interest ...
Revenue: $658 million (2014?15)
https://en.wikipedia.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/en.wikipedia.org ? wiki ? National_Trust_for_Places_of_Historic_Intere...

National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty ...

So as you can see if every member employed gift aid @ 25% it is quite a substantial amount and this can be employed on all charity membership fees.

Someone has to pay to look after the places you lot like to gawp at. :wink: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:12:04 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2019, 07:03:40 am »
You don't like being tarred with the neo brush, unfortunately for you, the neo's are the republican party.

It's not about the brush.  It's about the accuracy of the terms.  There may be neocons here.  I am not among them. Good to know that you consider yourself an expert on American political labels though.   :wink:
Just the same as many on here, albeit, they think they are of the world :rolleyes: :grin:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2019, 10:13:15 am »
Cider once stated he was a pensioner, if so:
He doesn't pay tax.  I don't know if the Brits allow deductions.
He receives $168 per week. 
His next payment is 12/29/2019.
I don't know his retirement date.

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2019, 10:39:21 am »
Quote (Someone has to pay to look after the places you lot like to gawp at. :wink: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:)

Yes Cider, I agree with you yet again.  Someone has to pay for it, but not here in America according to some of these DUMB democrats. Some seem to think everything is free! AOC for example, in fact she is so dumb she suggested building a train to Hawaii! Can you believe that?
Another suggested that islands simply float around in the ocean and that if we build too much stuff they will become out of balance and tip over!  Yet dummies keep voting for this type Representation!
Just theory proven fact when a nation dummies down the educational system.  This is what we get! Sad and a Shame.  These same dummies that vote for this type representation, this political party, now want to remove our President:  Democrats: Goodness!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 11:11:05 am by Ben Framed »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2019, 12:04:16 pm »
(Someone has to pay to look after the places you lot like to gawp at

And we do.  We pay both state and federal taxes, and in many places additions local taxes to keep parks and recreation AND national monuments and properties.  On to of that, for many places way pay usage fees.  As you point out, nothing is free.   :wink:

The federal government also holds many millions of acres that are not particularly special, but for which we all pay.  Obama expanded that by millions more acres.  Trump has reversed some of that expansion.  While we can go off the deep end with the UN agenda 21 stuff, the government ownership of property for "management" is among their goals.  It forces people off the land and into more urban settings. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2019, 12:19:57 pm »
''The federal government also holds many millions of acres that are not particularly special, but for which we all pay.  Obama expanded that by millions more acres.  Trump has reversed some of that expansion.  While we can go off the deep end with the UN agenda 21 stuff, the government ownership of property for "management" is among their goals.  It forces people off the land and into more urban settings. ''

Yes and set up ambushes and kill you right in front of your family. Ask the Bundys!

Oh, was there uranium found on that property? Ask the Clintons!

See: Link Between Hillary's Uranium Deal and the & Bundy Standoff?
imowired.com ? hillarys-uranium-link-bundy-standoff
Dec 21, 2017 - Or was the Bundy Standoff tied to Hillary's Uranium One deal? ... targeting American citizens who own land in uranium rich areas. ... The Bundys and Hammonds found themselves in the crosshairs of DC Swampmonsters
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:43:16 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2019, 02:33:41 pm »
I have to pay tax on any income above my ' tax-free allowance' this is were the gift aid comes from.
My tax-free allowance is swallowed up by my state pension everything else is taxed at a minimum of 20%

He receives $168 per week.?
His next payment is 12/29/2019.?
Sooooo I've been galivanting around the world on $168.00 a week???? I think I should set up a travel agency :cheesy:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2019, 05:56:43 pm »
Quote (Someone has to pay to look after the places you lot like to gawp at. :wink: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:)

Yes Cider, I agree with you yet again.  Someone has to pay for it, but not here in America according to some of these DUMB democrats. Some seem to think everything is free! AOC for example, in fact she is so dumb she suggested building a train to Hawaii! Can you believe that?
Another suggested that islands simply float around in the ocean and that if we build too much stuff they will become out of balance and tip over!  Yet dummies keep voting for this type Representation!
Just theory proven fact when a nation dummies down the educational system.  This is what we get! Sad and a Shame.  These same dummies that vote for this type representation, this political party, now want to remove our President:  Democrats: Goodness!!
Ben
Would you prefer a one-party state? Certainly sounds like it, to have a democracy you have to put up with the dummies. i.e. the rioting idiots in London

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2019, 06:28:09 pm »
You don't like being tarred with the neo brush, unfortunately for you, the neo's are the republican party.

It's not about the brush.  It's about the accuracy of the terms.  There may be neocons here.  I am not among them. Good to know that you consider yourself an expert on American political labels though.   :wink:
Takes one to know one, amongst other things. :cheesy:

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2019, 08:24:54 pm »

Ben
Would you prefer a one-party state? Certainly sounds like it, to have a democracy you have to put up with the dummies. i.e. the rioting idiots in London

No I would not Cider, there needs to be checks and balances. I am afraid a one party system would lead to even more corruption eventually, in the long run.  Actually a well balanced three party system would be more to my liking. And yes there will always be dummies, bless their hearts. Sometimes we all can fall in that category on one subject or another.   I will confess, I have put my foot in my mouth many times and felt like the biggest dummy. haa haa :shocked:
But I try to look for what is right.  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:53:27 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2019, 11:41:17 am »
Actually a well balanced three party system would be more to my liking.

We have multiple parties.  None have been able to field a candidate that could win.  It's not even about the money since Trump was self funded and Bloomberg is self funded.  The organization of the two parties and the money they have to advertise, etc. is helpful. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2019, 11:58:56 am »
Actually a well balanced three party system would be more to my liking.

We have multiple parties.  None have been able to field a candidate that could win.  It's not even about the money since Trump was self funded and Bloomberg is self funded.  The organization of the two parties and the money they have to advertise, etc. is helpful.

That is true Kathy, if only they were balanced. Do you think this is possible in the not so far future? Say the next 20 years or so?

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2019, 07:41:33 pm »
jvalentour, I would stick to the day job, at least I hope you're better at it/was than the above speculation. :rolleyes:
Won't be long before your joining iddee on the medication. Pills, salt, and an early bed. there! there! you know it makes sense. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2019, 08:35:22 pm »
You sound like a politician, Cider. Never say if he is right or wrong, just hedge around it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2019, 05:22:26 am »
You sound like a politician, Cider. Never say if he is right or wrong, just hedge around it.
Sussed out at last, mind you, I sussed you a long ago. But not as a politician. :smile:

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2019, 07:56:29 am »
Hi Folks,

Se what I mean?

Someone step on this guy's air hose.

Sal

Salvo

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2019, 02:54:59 pm »
Hi Folks,

Se what I mean?

Someone step on this guy's air hose.

Sal
It must be frustrating living so high up on your horse, still the harder you fall :wink: :cheesy:

Offline Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2019, 03:16:25 pm »
Sal I do not see how this ties in with the coffee house. Maybe it went over my head. 😊😁 Would fit well in the humor section because it did bring a smile. 😊

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2019, 04:44:41 pm »
I'd say it ties in very well.
Thanks Sal, good laugh, accurate portrayal. 
Lemme git th't latter fir my horse!