Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey, Ace, tell me again how bad Fox news is.  (Read 267 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Hey, Ace, tell me again how bad Fox news is.
« on: November 26, 2019, 06:29:08 pm »
?Hannity,? 'Tucker' have best months ever as Fox News tops MSNBC, CNN for 215th straight month

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannity-has-best-month-ever-as-fox-news-tops-msnbc-cnn-for-215th-straight-months
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hey, Ace, tell me again how bad Fox news is.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 08:19:33 am »
Doesn?t surprise me at all. I am waiting for the day when these fake news channels have no one watching them.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 08:19:47 am »
The average Fox news viewer has the channel running 16-20 hrs per day whether they are watching it or not.  This skews the data.  The average american either doesn't have the time to waste or is not interested in the soap opera.  Viewing hours diminish between ages 30-18 to almost none as age decreases yet they can still vote.  You will have to wait until the 2020 election to see what America thinks of Trump.  You will not get a true representation from Fox on almost anything.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 08:28:25 am »
Really Ace.
CNN has contracts with almost every airport, and many other businesses around the world requiring their video being on 24 hours a day, 365. Do you think that maybe this affects their ratings.
I don?t know anyone that has leaves Fox News on the TV at all.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 09:09:29 am »
I've actually never seen fox news on my TV... I watch i on Youtube...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 09:11:28 am »
Ace, can you not read. Itsaid number of viewers, not number of hours.
Very big differences.

""Fox News averaged 2.8 million viewers compared to MSNBC?s 2 million and only 999,000 for troubled CNN."
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 11:10:52 am »
The average Fox news viewer has the channel running 16-20 hrs per day whether they are watching it or not.

Where did you find this stat?
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 03:24:46 pm »
I actually agree with Ace in some respects. 
Some of their "stars" are very biased, Chris Wallace comes to mind.   Wallace is a flaming liberal and presents a skewed opinion nearly every time he opens his mouth.  For some reason the network acclaims him as some profound thinker/newsman.
Neil Cavuto is a Never-Trumper, constantly giving his negative opinion about the Trump Administration.  I think he is humorous but hardly unbiased.
Bret Baier is another closet liberal.  He keeps his opinion close to his chest but rarely reports on anything positive coming from the White House.
Dana Perino is a Bushite.  Although she is starting to understand what real conservative(ism) is. 
Martha MacCallum is a Bret Baier clone, too bad.
Shannon Bream is neutral, probably the most professional newsperson on the network.
Most of the daytime and bit part broadcasters are liberal or lean left, Shep Smith comes to mind, notorious Trump hater.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 05:48:04 pm »
I've actually never seen fox news on my TV... I watch i on Youtube...
Bravo! :cheesy:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 07:10:02 pm »
Since I can't hear radio, tv, or utube, I never watch or hear Fox. I read what I can on the computer. They are the only source that have actual both sides represented. I enjoy what the conservatives say, even when they stretch it. I laugh or cuss when I read what the left says, depending on whether they stretch it or down right lie.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 08:01:24 pm »
Since I can't hear radio, tv, or utube, I never watch or hear Fox. I read what I can on the computer. They are the only source that have actual both sides represented. I enjoy what the conservatives say, even when they stretch it. I laugh or cuss when I read what the left says, depending on whether they stretch it or down right lie.
Do you think your getting a balanced view?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 09:45:09 pm »
I think I have enough brain to balance it. I don't need 101% guidance to see what is happening around me.
I didn't say they are all that I read. I said they are the only source that has reporters from both sides.
I wouldn't know they were the only ones if I didn't read the others.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 08:35:53 am »
Some of their "stars" are very biased, Chris Wallace comes to mind.   Wallace is a flaming liberal and presents a skewed opinion nearly every time he opens his mouth.  For some reason the network acclaims him as some profound thinker/newsman.
Neil Cavuto is a Never-Trumper, constantly giving his negative opinion about the Trump Administration.  I think he is humorous but hardly unbiased.
Bret Baier is another closet liberal.  He keeps his opinion close to his chest but rarely reports on anything positive coming from the White House.
Dana Perino is a Bushite.  Although she is starting to understand what real conservative(ism) is. 
Shannon Bream is neutral, probably the most professional newsperson on the network.
Most of the daytime and bit part broadcasters are liberal or lean left, Shep Smith comes to mind, notorious Trump hater.
So seven news commentators that are never referenced here...
And all the other networks are biased.  How about that story throwing stones and living in a glass house.
What sells news is conflict and tragedy.  That will never change.
Hey Ben, how about that Rudy?  Soon to get the axe.  He claims he has insurance.  Another lawyer to flip.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 08:54:05 am »
And all the other networks are biased.  How about that story throwing stones and living in a glass house.
Hey Ben, how about that Rudy?  Soon to get the axe.  He claims he has insurance.  Another lawyer to flip.

Good ole Rudy will be another martyr in the fight of crime and seeking Liberty and Justice for all if he does go down. Either way he wins.  In the end good WILL win, evil will LOOSE. I have read the end of the story.... God Bless Rudy and our fellow patriots who love this country.

jvalentour gave you some good examples of the other side of the views on the fox network. Where is the same afforded by CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ETC?

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 09:16:59 am »
Ace, Ronald Reagan in his time warned us of the evil that was in communism. He warned us of this evil empire. He knew what evil lurks in the world. Now the evil has jumped the sea, just like a wildfire in California, jumping the roads and rivers seeking to destroy everything and everyone in its evil path.  The evil is right here among us.in the far left. He told us that each generation was always only one generation away from losing our freedom. Now, almost forty years since he was elected, we are now fighting the views of communism, not in a foreign land, but right here on our own soil. Right here in our own Nation's Capital. Right here in the basement of the Capitol Building! He was very wise.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »

Good ole Rudy will be another martyr in the fight of crime and seeking Liberty and Justice for all if he does go down. Either way he wins.  In the end good WILL win, evil will LOOSE. I have read the end of the story.... God Bless Rudy and our fellow patriots who love this country.

jvalentour gave you some good examples of the other side of the views on the fox network. Where is the same afforded by CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ETC?
Another contamination by DNA from across the border, as in 'state' border: Your "Rudy" will be marginalized by G&T and dumped. Just like all the others. Anything that threatens him is collateral damage. As are sections of the electorate.

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 02:04:52 am »
"Another contamination by DNA from across the border, as in 'state' border: Your "Rudy" will be marginalized by G&T and dumped. Just like all the others. Anything that threatens him is collateral damage. As are sections of the electorate."

Cider my friend, I hope you are wrong about Rudy,~~~~~~~~~~(Once again)  :cheesy:

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 12:56:31 pm »
Really Ace.
CNN has contracts with almost every airport, and many other businesses around the world requiring their video being on 24 hours a day, 365. Do you think that maybe this affects their ratings.
I don?t know anyone that has leaves Fox News on the TV at all.
Jim Altmiller

This is the point I wanted to make. I can't get my tires changed, car worked on, go to a dentists waiting room, etc - without running into CNN (et al) running non-stop [garbage]. ... but I've never seen fox running this way at any business. ... so the data is far more skewed than many realize.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 09:01:15 pm »
I can't get my tires changed, car worked on, go to a dentists waiting room, etc -

CNN in any airport in the world.  I was in the Atlanta Airport when the Boston Marathon bombing happened.  I had to pull up FOX news on my phone to get news.  CNN couldn't seem to get going on the story at all. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 09:03:49 pm »
I can't get my tires changed, car worked on, go to a dentists waiting room, etc -

CNN in any airport in the world.  I was in the Atlanta Airport when the Boston Marathon bombing happened.  I had to pull up FOX news on my phone to get news.  CNN couldn't seem to get going on the story at all.

Same in  DC