Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thie should stir up some conversation  (Read 487 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Thie should stir up some conversation
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 05:39:25 pm »
Ace, you should write novels. You have one of the greatest imaginations of anyone I have ever met.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 06:13:39 pm »
You are not going to get any eye witness because Trump is preventing them from testifying and there by obstructing Congress.
Nonsense. I reject the obstruction whine.

The people at the level you are talking about do not need the job. Even if they did, ethics would compel them to testify despite anything Trump says. They own their own behavior.

In my line of work, I needed to be prepared to walk away from my job at any moment to remain ethical integrity (and avoid criminal prosecution). That is the big boy world.

Edited to add:
In the post Enron era, whistle blower protections have been adopted to prevent retaliation. So even a lower level employee should have the guts to speak up. Shame on anyone that does not man up!
Tom

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 06:31:19 pm »
Ace you sure seem to know a lot about gangsters.
, quoting you ? Anyone working for a gangster knows what the nods mean?
What did you do in New York and what do you do now at Mar-a-Lago? Better be careful that you don?t get The Nod.   
 :wink:

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 06:43:29 pm »
Good thing you don't need a eye witness to be found guilty in a court of law.

Good thing for our system that you then need forensic evidence instead.

And of such forensic evidence we have NONE, NADA, ZILCH.

Unless they can prove that Rudy was the alter ego of The Donald, this circus is ultimately going nowhere.

Since political allies (co-conspirators) are not going to investigate each other, political rivals need to be allowed to.  - DUH.

Subsequent administrations need to be able to investigate prior administrations to keep administrations somewhat honest.  - DUH.

The whole political rival concept is more complete nonsense. They are all rivals between parties and as they move up the pyramid within their own party.

This is not about The Donald, this is about the integrity of the oversight function.

Washington has been in a death spiral since the assassination of Robert Bork.  The Israelis and Palestinians will live in peace before the Republicans and Democrats do.
Tom

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2019, 12:25:39 am »
Is this true accurate and true?

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2019, 11:29:31 am »
Is this true accurate and true?
Which part are you questioning?
Tom

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2019, 02:59:27 pm »
I am wanting your opinions of any and all parts? Is it fair to say this is accurate? I tend to believe it is.

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2019, 04:09:38 pm »
Politicians and media talking....
Let's assume 20% is just wrong, 15% depends on your party affiliation, 60% is almost true and 5% is actually true.

Tom

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2019, 08:46:39 am »
>Is this true accurate and true?

The video doesn't work anymore... Youtube found it...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2019, 09:39:55 am »
>Is this true accurate and true?

The video doesn't work anymore... Youtube found it...

Is anyone else having this problem?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2019, 10:47:23 am »
Maybe it's something else.  All the videos that anyone posts now give the error "Youtube.com redirected you too many times" and I can't get to the URL to try it outside of beemaster.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2019, 10:59:44 am »
It plays for me. Micheal, reboot your computer and try it again, or shut off your phone and turn it back on if that's what you are using.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2019, 11:09:32 am »

She's pretty sharp.  She was not on my radar until this hearing.  I was impressed.

Sorry, I had intended just to post the URL.  MB I got it with a right click but your virus protection or something might be blocking you.  I have had some trouble with youtube too lately.  don't know what they have done to it.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2019, 09:28:33 am »

No you don't.  Have you ever sat on a jury?  Why do you think so many negro people are put in jail when they didn't commit the crime?  I don't think you are up on our legal system.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2019, 09:45:49 am »

No you don't.  Have you ever sat on a jury?  Why do you think so many negro people are put in jail when they didn't commit the crime?  I don't think you are up on our legal system.

Ace it is not just the black folks that get put in jail when they did not commit a crime.Race has nothing to do with it.  The same could be said for Patriots. Take Roger Stone for instance. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 01:18:37 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2019, 10:06:19 am »
So you have had the experience of sitting on a jury that wrongly convicted a black person without neither an eye witness nor forensic evidence?
Or were you the lone holdout that prevented that from happening?

Tom

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2019, 01:19:41 pm »

Ace it is not just the black folks that get put in jail when they did not commit a crime.Race has nothing to do with it.  The same could be said for Patriots. Take Roger Stone for instance.

Well let me rethink this? perhaps you may be right. The Democrats have a shady history of such things.  wink:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2019, 06:44:39 pm »

Ben, Does not the verdict say a lot about the people on the jury? would you prefer no jury? I suppose the neo-cons would prefer that. No comeback from the peons. Let's face it, it's the best system yet devised! Unless that is, your leaning is to the neo-con side. :sad:     

Well let me rethink this? perhaps you may be right. The Democrats have a shady history of such things.  wink:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS