Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is your country?s favourite sport?  (Read 127 times)

Offline freestown7

• New Bee
What is your country?s favourite sport?
« on: October 29, 2019, 04:24:44 pm »
What is your country?s favourite sport?

Offline The15thMember

• Field Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: What is your country?s favourite sport?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 05:50:52 pm »
In my opinion, the US's favorite sport is American football.  Baseball may have been America's pastime in 1920, but not anymore.  I'm not really sure why football is so popular.  I suppose the physical aspect to the game and the strategy is interesting to people.  I'm not a football fan; I watch the Super Bowl, but that's it.  I'm a big ice hockey fan, and I'm not used to all the stoppages in football.  There is so much down time between plays, and I tend to kind of zone out and then by the time I'm keyed back in the play is already over.           
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 08:11:29 am »
Shooting.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:49:41 pm »
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 08:59:53 pm »
Here in the West of Australia, cricket in summer and Aussie rules in winter.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 08:46:21 am »
I spent most of the day yesterday shooting.  My shoulder has a nice ache today that reminds me of all the fun I had yesterday...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Online incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 09:17:19 pm »
I spent most of the day yesterday shooting.  My shoulder has a nice ache today that reminds me of all the fun I had yesterday...
Have you tried archery? I do both.

Way less expensive and you can talk to your buddies as you are doing it. I belong to a 500 family club that has a 20 acre range with trails and 3D targets, etc.

We even have a foam disc target thrower - like trap shooting with flu flu arrows that do not travel far. The entire line shoots simultaneously. It is a blast to watch.
Tom

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: Today at 10:46:13 am »
>Have you tried archery? I do both.

I have.  I like it.  I need to buy me a long bow or better, a reflex deflex Howard Hill bow... I haven't seen my bow in a while and I don't care for it that much anymore.

>Way less expensive...

Probably not "way less" since I reload and cast bullets.   Loading .38s I figure I have about a penny a round in them.  I get buckets of wheel weights usually for free but at most the price of scrap lead.

>...and you can talk to your buddies as you are doing it.

We talk.  Loudly, of course...
-------------------