Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is your country?s favourite sport?  (Read 208 times)

Offline freestown7

• New Bee
What is your country?s favourite sport?
« on: October 29, 2019, 04:24:44 pm »
What is your country?s favourite sport?

Online The15thMember

• Field Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: What is your country?s favourite sport?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 05:50:52 pm »
In my opinion, the US's favorite sport is American football.  Baseball may have been America's pastime in 1920, but not anymore.  I'm not really sure why football is so popular.  I suppose the physical aspect to the game and the strategy is interesting to people.  I'm not a football fan; I watch the Super Bowl, but that's it.  I'm a big ice hockey fan, and I'm not used to all the stoppages in football.  There is so much down time between plays, and I tend to kind of zone out and then by the time I'm keyed back in the play is already over.           
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 08:11:29 am »
Shooting.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:49:41 pm »
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 08:59:53 pm »
Here in the West of Australia, cricket in summer and Aussie rules in winter.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 08:46:21 am »
I spent most of the day yesterday shooting.  My shoulder has a nice ache today that reminds me of all the fun I had yesterday...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 09:17:19 pm »
I spent most of the day yesterday shooting.  My shoulder has a nice ache today that reminds me of all the fun I had yesterday...
Have you tried archery? I do both.

Way less expensive and you can talk to your buddies as you are doing it. I belong to a 500 family club that has a 20 acre range with trails and 3D targets, etc.

We even have a foam disc target thrower - like trap shooting with flu flu arrows that do not travel far. The entire line shoots simultaneously. It is a blast to watch.
Tom

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 10:46:13 am »
>Have you tried archery? I do both.

I have.  I like it.  I need to buy me a long bow or better, a reflex deflex Howard Hill bow... I haven't seen my bow in a while and I don't care for it that much anymore.

>Way less expensive...

Probably not "way less" since I reload and cast bullets.   Loading .38s I figure I have about a penny a round in them.  I get buckets of wheel weights usually for free but at most the price of scrap lead.

>...and you can talk to your buddies as you are doing it.

We talk.  Loudly, of course...
-------------------

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 12:04:58 pm »
currently, politics might be our favorite sport  :grin:

My area has a lot of equestrian sports.  Expensive.

Shooting...as expensive as you want it to be.

Have you tried archery?

This might be my next.  Something I can do at home rather than having to go to the range.  We have a nice local archery shop that is very helpful. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 05:11:55 pm »
#1 coon hunting
#2 fishing
#3 deer hunting

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Neill

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 09:55:35 pm »
Something I can do at home rather than having to go to the range.
Check your local laws regarding shooting at home. Do you have the set back you need?

I have no idea what size property you have.

Tom

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 11:21:15 pm »
I have no idea what size property you have.

I should be fine.  It's legal for me to shoot guns here, although I would not.  Should be fine for archery with the proper precautions. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 07:57:57 pm »
Ok, so it?s safe to assume that US beeks believe shooting is your country?s favourite sport then?
Go figure I?d have thought basketball, baseball and NFL.
The propaganda we?re fed down under over here!
 :cheesy:

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: Today at 12:06:06 pm »
Ok, so it?s safe to assume that US beeks believe shooting is your country?s favourite sport then?

One we can do and the others we watch.  It's more fun to do   :wink:
Alexis de Tocqueville