Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ace, who's protecting the rich from paying taxes now?  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: Ace, who's protecting the rich from paying taxes now?
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2019, 09:25:38 am »
Ben, it is like a preacher standing at the pulpit telling you what he believes the bible says.  If you compare Hannity to Rachel at least Rachel has a fist full of public documents highlighted to back up what she is saying.  I didn't see that with this character.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2019, 09:49:01 am »
""The BBC and most foreign stations are considered neutral, even al jeerzra, when you are talking left or right.""

The last I heard, al-jazeera was owned by Al Gore. NEUTRAL?? HA HA HA
BBC is not much better.

"If someone portrays Trump in a bad way they are gone."
More BS.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-hiding-plain-sight

And the rest is just made up lies not deserving of a reply.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2019, 10:14:44 am »
Brian,
Christiane Amanpour and Robert Costa of PBS are a pair of unabashed left leaning hosts on PBS.  They make no effort to present a balanced show.  You really should mix up your news sources. 

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2019, 11:55:48 am »
Ben, it is like a preacher standing at the pulpit telling you what he believes the bible says.  If you compare Hannity to Rachel at least Rachel has a fist full of public documents highlighted to back up what she is saying.  I didn't see that with this character.

Got to love you Ace.  😁. 

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2019, 12:23:59 pm »
The BBC and most foreign stations are considered neutral, even al jeerzra, when you are talking left or right.  Fox is heavily influenced by Trump.  If someone portrays Trump in a bad way they are gone.  There is a good reason why there are no other right leaning news networks.  Most of their reporting is fabrication.
Before he was elected Trump claimed the elections were rigged.  He was right, he was doing it.  He also claims the "media" leaving out Fox is fake news.  Again that is what he is doing with fox.  He claims himself as a genius but by all standards he is an idiot.  He touts himself as an accomplished business man but he has a string of failures such that no american bank will lend him money.  He gets money from a foreign bank that is notorious for laundering money.  And they ain't happy with him either.
So Kathy, when you are researching to find the truth are you wearing blinders?

I need to quit drinking coffee when I read your posts.  It is a waste of good coffee to use it as a sinus wash!   :grin:

No, most foreign sources are not considered neutral.  Most are left-leaning.  Some are less left-leaning than others and all of the opinion stuff is left-leaning.  why does the opinion stuff matter if you are looking for unbiased stuff?  Because the same editors and producers who do the news also pass on the opinion stuff.  No one, I don't care how careful they think they are, can keep opinion from leaking into what they do either with words or choices of stories.  Sky  News is popular in the UK for the same reason FOX is popular here.  When SKY  started people realized they were not getting the full story from the BBC.

AJ being unbiased is just laughable. 

I will take your opinion on FOX when I know you have watched it and are not just vomiting back leftist propaganda.  FOX is as popular as it is, not because there are so many conservatives in the country, but because people know they will get the rest of the story.  That part of the story the places like the rabidly left (Turner must be very disappointed) CNN will not show you.

Are FOX opinion shows mostly conservative?  Yes.  Do most in some way support Trump?  Yes, but not all. There are at least 2 that are very balanced.   There are several never Trumpers on there.
 Every one of them that chooses to share will tell you that FOX does not censor their opinions or reporting.  I don't know of any of them who have left and blamed network censorship for leaving.  The same can not be said for other networks. 

I don't care if you don't like or watch FOX, but I'd like to know on what you base your opinion if you don't watch?  If you are just repeating what you have heard on other networks or your other news sources, you have made my point. 

If you consume as news only what you want to hear, you will have peace in your echo chamber, but will be woefully uninformed.

Trump:  Yes, he is bombastic.  This was a known before he was elected so it is no surprise. 

Have you ever looked at the business failures of other notable people?  Look up Henry Ford and some of the harebrained schemes he had that failed miserably.

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 02:58:19 pm »

I need to quit drinking coffee when I read your posts.  It is a waste of good coffee to use it as a sinus wash!   :grin:

Agreed.  :cheesy:

... If you consume as news only what you want to hear, you will have peace in your echo chamber, but will be woefully uninformed....

Oh man, that's Quote-Worthy! Very well said!
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2019, 05:04:54 pm »
I don't care if you don't like or watch FOX, but I'd like to know on what you base your opinion if you don't watch?

The reality is you can't avoid any network unless you are a hermit with no connection to the outside world.  Even on Msnbc you will get clips of Fox news.  Your smart phone will beam in clips, FaceBook will roll clips.  Comedians will reference Fox.  Any form of communication will be polluted with clips.  Even this forum as you all have witnessed.  Now I know there are a number of people with left views on this forum but for some reason these people are not throwing propaganda news stories in your face.  Why do you think that is Kathy?

FWI I never sip coffee or any drink for that matter when I read posts on this forum.  If I wanted to cleans my sinus I would use a nitti cup.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2019, 05:19:54 pm »

... If you consume as news only what you want to hear, you will have peace in your echo chamber, but will be woefully uninformed....

Oh man, that's Quote-Worthy! Very well said!

It sure is Cool.  It is the phrase I think of when I hear an avid Trump supporter even if the person is not formally educated as you claim to be.  You can tell if this is happening because you will never hear them say anything negative about Trump.  There is no past president or any future president that is or was perfect.  But you will never hear a Trump supporter say he did anything wrong about anything because they are seriously brain washed.  Most likely they are informed though.  Just won't admit wrong doing no matter how obvious it is.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2019, 05:35:13 pm »
Brian,
Christiane Amanpour and Robert Costa of PBS are a pair of unabashed left leaning hosts on PBS.  They make no effort to present a balanced show.

Well neither one is an employee of PBS.  But you see what has happened is the duffuss Trump has attacked all media networks and individual reporters that report anything bad about him.  It doesn't matter if it is the truth.  He will go on a rampage to discredit an individual with false accusations.  Even try to ruin their carrier or get them fired.  He has had some success with FOX but not any other news organization.  He brought it all on himself.  And I think eventually it will bring him down.  He is a very weak man.  Just attack his ego and he crumbles.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2019, 05:50:51 pm »
At least PBS and NPR, as left leaning as they are, try to explain what the other side thinks.  They do what the left leaning journalists of the past USED to do, they try to pretend to be fair and balanced which makes them MORE fair and balanced than the rest who don't even attempt to get the other view across.  I'm currently reading Thomas Sowell's "Conflict of Visions" and it's quite enlightening as far as illuminating how the "left" and "right" see the world which colors every thing they see.  And this conflict of visions goes back centuries.  He describes these as "constrained" and "unconstrained" where "constrained" is the view that there are limits to what can be accomplished by laws and intervention and "unconstrained" is the view that we could have utopia if we just had the right laws.  But if you actually try to measure the results of these two visions I think it's pretty clear what the historic results have been.  But the "unconstrained" people just say they haven't found the right laws yet.  Another way to view "constrained" and "unconstrained" visions is to look at any problem and the "constrained" vision says for any issue there is only so much you can do and probably whatever you do you'll make it worse where the "unconstrained" vision says if there is a problem we have to do something about it because if we find the right thing we can solve it.  Take any issue, such as poverty.  The "constrained" view would be we want to offer everyone opportunity, but we can't wipe out poverty.  The "unconstrained" view would be that we need to keep changing things until no one is in poverty.  It's not that both views don't care about poor people, they do.  They just have a different view of the cause and therefore the solutions that would be useful.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2019, 10:07:27 pm »
Now I know there are a number of people with left views on this forum but for some reason these people are not throwing propaganda news stories in your face.  Why do you think that is Kathy?

IDK.  why do you think they don't?  Maybe deep in their hearts they know it's propaganda?

I would not rely on clips from anywhere.  People clip things that promote a point they are trying to make and very often if you look at the thing in context it is not what was presented.  That goes for any source.
But you will never hear a Trump supporter say he did anything wrong about anything because they are seriously brain washed.  Most likely they are informed though.  Just won't admit wrong doing no matter how obvious it is.

I probably have told you that I was not a Trump supporter.  I did not vote for him in the primary. If the dems had run Webb, I would have voted for him.  You are correct that all of them do bad things.  For that matter, all of them do good things.  One of the reasons you may not hear a lot of us say bad things about Trump is becasue everyone else already is.  For me, I find I agree with him on most policy even if not always on execution.  Even there, he is trying things that other presidents have been afraid to try.  I can't criticize him for that and we don't know yet how some of those things will turn out.  I don't like tariffs, but if those bring countries like China to the table, they might be worth it. 

But you see what has happened is the duffuss Trump has attacked all media networks and individual reporters that report anything bad about him.  It doesn't matter if it is the truth.  He will go on a rampage to discredit an individual with false accusations.  Even try to ruin their carrier or get them fired.  He has had some success with FOX but not any other news organization.  He brought it all on himself.  And I think eventually it will bring him down.

Since over 90% of the press is supporting the left with donations, and most are somewhere between left-leaning and radically left, it's not a surprise that he has a problem with them.  Most Republicans have had the same issues.  Trump is not one to ignore attacks.
Remember, from day one they were after him.  Some of us are happy to have someone finally call them out even if he does it in a way that is not...presidential. 
And he's not wrong about how often they have just made crap up and reported it as news. 

There is a group called The Democracy Integrity Project (TDIP) that sends out talking points to the leftist press.  You can tell that they all get the same message if you cruise though their stories.  They all used the very same words.  The other day it was BOMBSHELL TESTIMONY.  None of those outlets do any investigative reporting.  They just spew the talking points of the day.

I'm currently reading Thomas Sowell's "Conflict of Visions"

He's brilliant and I have not read that one.  Thanks for mentioning it. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2019, 09:56:57 am »
For me, I find I agree with him on most policy even if not always on execution.
I agree with some of the policies but none of the execution.  The policies are not his but the execution is all his.  And it is the execution that makes matters worse and will cause the policies to fail.  He could care less what happens to the US or its people after he is gone.  The people are just pauns.  This is his past history.  You are right he is not changing.

Even there, he is trying things that other presidents have been afraid to try. 
For good reasons.  Other presidents have people around them with experience and knowledge on what the repercussions will be.  Trump has NOBODY.  Anybody with experience and knowledge is gone because he wouldn't listen anyway.
I can't criticize him for that and we don't know yet how some of those things will turn out.

Well I can.  There is not a company today that doesn't stay on top because they use a team approach vs. a narcissistic dictator. 
I don't like tariffs, but if those bring countries like China to the table, they might be worth it. 
He has zero capabilities as a negotiator.  He proved that with Kim Jong Un and already with the tariffs.  Putin, Kim Jong UN, and Xi Jinping will just walk all over him because they are all better at being a gangster then he is.  He is way out of his league.  It is American corporations that are making billions from the unbalanced trade.  Negotiations with foreign countries requires partners and that is all but destroyed.  The real solution at this point is to control American corporations not the policies of foreign countries.  But that means fixing the swamp not becoming part of it.  I don't know if that will ever happen.  The first fix would be term limits and no life time appointments for anything.  That is another barrier that I don't think will happen.

The other day it was BOMBSHELL TESTIMONY. 
They have just adopted the Trump mannerisms.  I am sure you heard about the nationals booing Trump and chanting "lock him up".  That is first for a president.  Bad behavior just breeds more bad behavior.  I am hopeful this era can be turned around but I am not counting my chickens.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2019, 10:46:36 am »
Kathyp
"we don't know yet how some of those things will turn out."
Acebird
"Well I can."

There we have it, folks. He can predict the future 100% with no doubt about the accuracy.

And the rest of his statements and fantasies are just about the same value.

TOTAL IMAGINATION
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2019, 12:19:19 pm »
I am sure you heard about the nationals booing Trump and chanting "lock him up".  That is first for a president.

No, it is not.  It is not surprising that in the beltway the usual suspects would boo the president. 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2019/10/28/president-donald-trump-getting-booed-world-series-no-big-deal/2488400001/

For good reasons.  Other presidents have people around them with experience and knowledge on what the repercussions will be.

And every one of them failed or caved and did bad deals. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2019, 05:11:55 pm »
Iddee,
Kathy "I can't criticize him for that"
Acebird "Well I can"
 :smile:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2019, 05:19:25 pm »
And every one of them failed or caved and did bad deals.
Really?
Roosevelt
Kennedy
Johnson
Reagan
OBAMMA
Better put your nose back in the history book.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2019, 06:00:24 pm »
You would criticize him for anything he did or said, and criticize him more if he did and said nothing. Again I think you are just trolling, so you will find fault at all he does.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2019, 07:50:09 pm »
Really?
Roosevelt
Kennedy
Johnson
Reagan
OBAMMA
Better put your nose back in the history book.

Yes all of those.  From Roosevelt on they made deals in trade that were not in our interest.  Post ww2 they did it to help Europe and Asia recover from the war.  Once those deals were made they became expected.  They also failed to ever keep a country from getting nukes and in the case of Clinton, he helped the NorKs do just that. 

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2019, 09:00:02 am »
Rewriting history again?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline jvalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2019, 09:55:00 am »
Clinton sold missile technology through Raytheon to China resulting directly in the CPC's ability to develop ICBMs, long and short range missiles, and their space exploration.  Prior to that sale the Communist Party of China had a handful of satellites in space.
Yeah, that was a bad one.