Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ace, who's protecting the rich from paying taxes now?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Ace, who's protecting the rich from paying taxes now?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 12:11:44 pm »
No president has created a bigger deficit or
ignored the budget in general which he has no authority to do so.

Obama still holds the number one place for both debt and deficit as his budget goes through the 1st year of the Trump admin (2017).  The president does put out his budget wishes and there is generally wrangling between what the president wants and what Congress will actually do.  Congress writes the budget.  The president gets it.  Sometimes it goes through as is and sometimes they argue about things, with the president having veto power and the Congress able to override the veto if they have enough votes. 

Rarely does Congress actually complete a budget on time and there have been years when they didn't even get one done.  Thus the continuing resolutions to fund things while they fool around.

We do have high deficit spending right now and the will add to the debt if revenue does not increase. However, it is not the highest deficit spending we have had, nor the highest % of GDP. 
Since revenue is up, we have a spending problem.  Since 2/3 of the budget goes to mandatory spending, we have a problem with mandates.   

Maybe you can explain what you mean by ignored the budget and his authority bit?

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »
>Balancing the Budget - both parties are Guilty equally - the Dems for running (most of) the debt up, the Repubs for doing absolutely Nothing about it.

That used to be the case until George W. Bush was in office.  he spent money like a democrat. He didn't just allow it, he encouraged it.  I would listen to his State of the Union addresses and they all sounded like a democrat.

True

You are leaving out Trump!  No president has created a bigger deficit or ignored the budget in general which he has no authority to do so.

This is simply not true Ace. At all.

Are you serious?  O'bummer increased the debt more than all the prior presidents put together.Get your numbers right.

Correct - 'Bummer holds all the records in this category.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 06:01:26 pm »
You guys really got to get off from fox.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 07:06:08 pm »
If we ever want to leave the truth and go to fairy land, we will.

If you decide to come over to the real world, consider this an invite.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ratings-fox-news-msnbc-cnn-october-40th-monthly-win

You may want to join the grown-ups.

""?Hannity? also finished first among the key demo of adults age 25-54, averaging 564,000 viewers in the coveted range. Sean Hannity?s show has now finished No. 1 in both total viewers and the demo for seven straight months.""
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 10:13:36 pm »

I can only speak for myself here. ...

I've actually never watched fox. ... I saw CNN 1 day a few months ago while waiting for my car to get fixed - I was gagging. I don't watch any news. Or read the newspaper. Or get my news from "Al Gore's" internet.  :grin:

I read books. I have a large library. I'm self educated. I think - for a living.

"Those that don't know their history, are condemned to repeat it" - (author unverifiable according to "al gore's" internet)

... history books, biographies, technical books, etc, are what I read. (I've read 2 bee books - apparently I chose the wrong authors). On the Internet - I read Beemaster. My studies solidified my opinions long before finding this fine site.

... my thought process is based on common sense (which, as I've discovered, ain't all that common anymore), facts, history, & critical thinking. ...  not fox news ... sorry to disappoint.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 11:04:00 pm »

I find this to be the default response from people who can't think for themselves.  They assume the same of others.   :wink:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline CoolBees

• Field Bee
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 12:21:52 am »

I find this to be the default response from people who can't think for themselves.  They assume the same of others.   :wink:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: ... great, there goes my beer!  :cheesy: :cheesy:

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 08:14:52 am »
(I've read 2 bee books - apparently I chose the wrong authors).
This is the trouble with reading books ... you get one viewpoint at a time.  No different than fox.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2019, 08:35:39 am »
(I've read 2 bee books - apparently I chose the wrong authors).
This is the trouble with reading books ... you get one viewpoint at a time.  No different than fox.

Ace, what is your news source of choice?

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2019, 11:06:30 am »

Hate to keep doing this (not  :grin:), but once again you are making a statement.  Since you have this opinion of a network, are we to assume you watch FOX and have come to this conclusion after watching? 

After having spent years watching all of them, I can say with some assurance of accuracy, that there is no network that is unbiased.  I will also say that if I compare something like MSNBC programming with FOX programming I am more apt to get balance from almost any show on FOX than MSNBC.  Unfortunately, CNN is pretty much going the same way as MSNBC. 

The only way to get any sense of truth is to research all stories from multiple sources.  Most people don't/can't do that, and so they vomit back whatever they hear on their chosen source.  For that reason, if I am limited on time and want to most balance I can get quickly, I know I am more likely to get multiple points of view on some FOX shows.  Any source should be a jumping off point for your own research. Not Ipecac for debate points. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2019, 06:06:37 pm »
Ace, what is your news source of choice?
PBS, BBC and I use to watch Canadian stations which are hard to get in FL.  MSNBC when I am force to.  My brother came down for a visit last week and of course he is glued to fox news.  I showed him where it was on the sapper.  The interviewer was showing the democrats in a favorable way so we only watched about 10 minutes.  I was laughing inside.
Fox is like the Trump administration.  So many people quitting or getting fired.  To me that is an indication of trouble.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2019, 06:14:27 pm »
From reply #23 link, and thread "dumb liberals", it looks more like a sign of success, in the Trump admin and with Fox.
Pulling weeds and keeping the flowers, AKA "draining the swamp".   :wink:  :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2019, 06:16:13 pm »
The only way to get any sense of truth is to research all stories from multiple sources.
That is the hard way.  If you simply look at what a person says or does or a network say and does you can get a good indication of what they will say and do in the future because a liar can't stop himself from lying.  It is like trusting Putin.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2019, 06:18:58 pm »
From reply #23 link, and thread "dumb liberals", it looks more like a sign of success, in the Trump admin and with Fox.
Pulling weeds and keeping the flowers, AKA "draining the swamp".   :wink:  :cheesy:

Sure Walley, the alligator is draining the swamp :rolleyes:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2019, 06:58:32 pm »
Opinions are like...........ETC.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2019, 07:00:24 pm »
PBS, BBC and I use to watch Canadian stations which are hard to get in FL.  MSNBC when I am force to.

So everything you watch is left leaning yet you think you are getting a full picture?  I'll keep doing it the hard way.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 09:09:04 pm »

Sure Walley, the alligator is draining the swamp :rolleyes:

🤣  I?ve got to hand it to you, that was funny. But I think you are confused, Mr Trump is like Troy Landry. He is the alligator hunter, but it looks like the alligator has latched on to him! Shifty two eyes 👀 Shift.  I have confidence that the truth will prove more powerful than the forces of the basement dwellers of the far left. PS they even like working in the basement of the White House.

PBS, BBC and I use to watch Canadian stations which are hard to get in FL.  MSNBC when I am force to. My brother came down for a visit last week and of course he is glued to fox news.  I showed him where it was on the sapper.  The interviewer was showing the democrats in a favorable way so we only watched about 10 minutes.

Does you brother work with you, (for Mr Trump?)     :wink:  JK

Maybe brother can convince you to come on over to the right.  :shocked: 
In case your brother reads this, Keep working on him brother.   :wink:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:57:00 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 01:54:15 am »
Brian, this is why you should consider adding fox to your list of sources. I rather doubt that you will get this on BBc or the others that you mentioned, at this point in time. 

Sean Hannity Oct. 30 2019    16 minutes. If you watch this please tell me what part is not true?

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 02:01:40 am »
Or this

Tucker Carlson about 5 minutes

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2019, 09:14:10 am »
So everything you watch is left leaning yet you think you are getting a full picture?
The BBC and most foreign stations are considered neutral, even al jeerzra, when you are talking left or right.  Fox is heavily influenced by Trump.  If someone portrays Trump in a bad way they are gone.  There is a good reason why there are no other right leaning news networks.  Most of their reporting is fabrication.
Before he was elected Trump claimed the elections were rigged.  He was right, he was doing it.  He also claims the "media" leaving out Fox is fake news.  Again that is what he is doing with fox.  He claims himself as a genius but by all standards he is an idiot.  He touts himself as an accomplished business man but he has a string of failures such that no american bank will lend him money.  He gets money from a foreign bank that is notorious for laundering money.  And they ain't happy with him either.
So Kathy, when you are researching to find the truth are you wearing blinders?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it