Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What I would change in the government  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: What I would change in the government
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 09:32:24 am »
Instead, we should reward efficiency, but that would assume that an efficient entity was running things!
I think everyone knows the military is not efficient.  The waste alone could pay for the Welfare budget.  I don't think you should reward for efficiency I think you should penalize for waste.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 12:11:52 pm »
I think everyone knows the military is not efficient.  The waste alone could pay for the Welfare budget.  I don't think you should reward for efficiency I think you should penalize for waste.

You could do both.  If you took the entire military budget you could not cover the entitlement payments.  2/3 of the US budget is mandatory spending and that does not include the military.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 06:37:42 pm »
You could balance the budget and pay down the debt.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 06:43:09 pm »
If pigs could fly....
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2019, 07:21:50 pm »
You could balance the budget and pay down the debt.

you could.  That would require putting people in office who want to do that, and cutting a huge amount of government.  I am in favor of doing both.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 08:21:37 pm »
""You could balance the budget and pay down the debt.""

It sounds more like you want Trump style people in office with each post like that.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 09:02:56 am »
Trump has not come up with an original idea.  He has just come up with many misguided solutions that have made matters worse.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 12:39:45 pm »
He has just come up with many misguided solutions that have made matters worse.

Can you list some of the ways in which you think he has made things worse?
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2019, 09:38:05 am »
IDK ask the curds Kathy.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 09:49:07 am »
 He's not president of the Kurds.  Ever hear of America first?  Why kill Americans while fighting another country's war?
I think her question was "Can you list some of the ways in which you think he has made things worse for Americans?"
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 08:46:57 am »
This is the kicker, Americans didn't fight it the Kurds did supposedly for our benefit.
Answer doesn't change the irreparable damage he has done to the Americans and what we use to stand for.  Even the nose up his butt Lindsey Graham had to take a step back.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 09:53:00 am »
Again, totally backwards. He has helped all Americans by going back to the great country we once were. If the kurds were doing all the fighting, why can't they do it now? We didn't remove enough equipment to make a lot of difference. Mostly removed American troops to keep them alive.

Why is it "sticking together" when it's dems, but "nose up butts" when it's reps? Maybe it's garbage like that that's loosing dem respect and support.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 10:46:00 am »
Again, totally backwards. He has helped all Americans by going back to the great country we once were. If the kurds were doing all the fighting, why can't they do it now? We didn't remove enough equipment to make a lot of difference. Mostly removed American troops to keep them alive.

Why is it "sticking together" when it's dems, but "nose up butts" when it's reps? Maybe it's garbage like that that's loosing dem respect and support.

Very well said Iddee Good common sense reasoning!

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 12:13:47 pm »
This is the kicker, Americans didn't fight it the Kurds did supposedly for our benefit.

The Kurds fight with anyone who will further their agenda.  They are great fighters in the same way the Northern Alliance were great fighters.  they will fight against us as quickly as they fight with us when it is to their benefit.

I would concede the entire argument if you can screen print and post your moral outrage when we left Iraq and every minority religious/ethnic group was either killed or run out including the Kurds.

There are a number of possibilities in the Great Game.  Among them, a chance to do enough TO Turkey to make them withdraw from NATO.  Everyone in NATO wants them out.

We don't know how many ISIS fighters were held in that area, but we do know that a good number of them belonged to European countries.  Those countries refused to take them back and deal with them.  What, then, are the options with those fighters?  Leave them to be held by the Kurds forever?  Bring them to Gitmo?  Kill them outright (my preference, but probably illegal). 

I do not know how this will turn out, but I do not think we have lost what people say we have lost.  We should not have gotten into the Syria mess.  We should not have armed ISIS.  We should not have given Libia to radicals so that we could arm ISIS.  The leadership of Syria has nothing to do with us at this point and whatever we thought we were going to accomplish there, we failed. 

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 08:41:03 am »
The leadership of Syria has nothing to do with us at this point and whatever we thought we were going to accomplish there, we failed.
Well at the very least we will do whatever Putin wants in the near future.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 08:55:29 am »
From what I read, it's Putin doing what we want. We are pulling out to save our young men, and Putin is sending his in to be killed in their place.The headline this week was Putin is joining the Syria Gov. and Kurds to fight Turkey. Acebird, we have met in person, and I am aware you are too nice, intelligent, level headed, and amiable to believe the junk you are posting. You have to be trolling. I just don't understand why.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 11:13:17 am »
Hard to believe isn?t it iddee.  What Ace is projecting is what you will hear from the entire left. Leftist News outlets, leftist politicians, Hollywood, leftist college professors, etc. Yes they really believe this stuff iddee.  It seems they are blind to what they are doing. Filled with blind hate, rage, and disgust for a person who clearly loves his country, loves its Constitution which guarantees liberty and justice for ALL its CITIZENS.
Instead of uplifting that same person, that same Constitution by helping him to enforce it, a way of life that has produced freedom and hope for ALL its citizens of ALL races, a constitution built on ideas that have become a light of hope for the whole world to see, and wish to be a part of. Unbelievable iddee but yes iddee true, they really seem believe this stuff spewed out by the left, to the point of becoming consumed themselves with it, it seems, and a part of.  It seems that globalism is their goal? Now weather Ace really believes this stuff I do not know. I do know that Most of the good people that come to hear Mr Trump speak, do not believe it!! Who are these good people that stand in long lines for hours upon hours just to be a part of this make America Great Again Group of people, even though they know they are despised by the left? (As made evident by Hillary Clinton, Calling these people ''The Deplorables'').  When President Trump speaks, he lays it out clearly what he seeks to accomplish, what he is in the process of accomplishing, as well as what he has already accomplished for the American People and the left hate him for it!!!!!  Sad and hard to believe isn't it Iddee......  I guess he and our Constitution stand in the leftist way of globalism? Sad
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:12:29 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2019, 06:28:57 pm »
I would concede the entire argument if you can screen print and post your moral outrage when we left Iraq and every minority religious/ethnic group was either killed or run out including the Kurds.
Kathy, the exit from Iraq was planned.  Generals were involved.  There was even flack given because it was planned giving the enemy notice, they said.  Iraq was involved in the planning.
There is no easy out for any of these deployments because we shouldn't be there in the first place.  But a hand full of people are making big bucks on these deadly games.
Tell me Kathy what logic is there to bail out on the Kurds and send troupes to Saudi Arabia?  I am just wondering how much money went Trumps way on that deal.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online cidersabuzzin

• Queen Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2019, 06:59:27 pm »
Hard to believe isn?t it iddee.  What Ace is projecting is what you will hear from the entire left. Leftist News outlets, leftist politicians, Hollywood, leftist college professors, etc. Yes they really believe this stuff iddee.  It seems they are blind to what they are doing. Filled with blind hate, rage, and disgust for a person who clearly loves his country, loves its Constitution which guarantees liberty and justice for ALL its CITIZENS.
Instead of uplifting that same person, that same Constitution by helping him to enforce it, a way of life that has produced freedom and hope for ALL its citizens of ALL races, a constitution built on ideas that have become a light of hope for the whole world to see, and wish to be a part of. Unbelievable iddee but yes iddee true, they really seem believe this stuff spewed out by the left, to the point of becoming consumed themselves with it, it seems, and a part of.  It seems that globalism is their goal? Now weather Ace really believes this stuff I do not know. I do know that Most of the good people that come to hear Mr Trump speak, do not believe it!! Who are these good people that stand in long lines for hours upon hours just to be a part of this make America Great Again Group of people, even though they know they are despised by the left? (As made evident by Hillary Clinton, Calling these people ''The Deplorables'').  When President Trump speaks, he lays it out clearly what he seeks to accomplish, what he is in the process of accomplishing, as well as what he has already accomplished for the American People and the left hate him for it!!!!!  Sad and hard to believe isn't it Iddee......  I guess he and our Constitution stand in the leftist way of globalism? Sad
Ben, why run off at the mouth so? It doesn't accomplish much, only creates more mirth :rolleyes:
cider TY
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be, as long as you elect sane politicians who are not embarrassed about their hair" with apologies to SS

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2019, 07:27:57 pm »
Kathy, the exit from Iraq was planned.  Generals were involved.  There was even flack given because it was planned giving the enemy notice, they said.  Iraq was involved in the planning.
There is no easy out for any of these deployments because we shouldn't be there in the first place.  But a hand full of people are making big bucks on these deadly games.
Tell me Kathy what logic is there to bail out on the Kurds and send troupes to Saudi Arabia?  I am just wondering how much money went Trumps way on that deal.

Generals are political animals for the most part.  Once you get past 05 you are playing the political game for the most part.  The ones that don't want to play the game on the field they find themselves, retire.  What happened in Iraq was predictable.  That's a done thing now, and that is not my point.  What was YOUR reaction to what happened after we left?

The Kurds are really good fighters.  They were really good fighters long before we were ever involved with them which is going on 80 years now. They will fight like hell with any group that will support their goals
 Most of the other Muslim factions don't like the Kurds, and they have been involved in terrorist activities.  A portion of the Kurdish faction is designated as a terrorist group. 

The Kurds are now fighting with the Syrians and the Russians.  Turkey was going to buy weapons from Russia.  Turkey is not a good NATO ally.  So where are we now?

Nothing has changed with Syria and Russia.  Turkey can be held in check by those two countries that are already there and in control.  The Kurds can make a deal for the territory they want with Syria.  Iran is already messing in there as they have been in Iraq (the predictable part of our withdrawal). 

Are we any worse off for leaving?  I think not.  Are the Kurds worse off?  Seems not.  Is Turkey more empowered?  Seems not.  Iran is the wild card, but it has been since 1979 and nothing will change their goal short of being nuked.  ISIS is not loved by any of the factions so the only thing that changes there is that they can't shoot at us with the weapons the last admin gave them.

I'll split SA into another post   :wink:
Alexis de Tocqueville