Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What I would change in the government  (Read 1093 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: What I would change in the government
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2019, 09:15:47 am »
Many of them should be considered unconstitutional especially when they over-ride the will of the states.
Yes, by all means we should go back to slavery because some states were over-ridden!  :rolleyes:

How could you suggest or bring up such a thing?  I did not know you harbored such sentiments and feeling of this train of thought. I should not be surprised, the Democrats were, and are (apparently) even still, the party of slavery? Once again concurring what Mr Trump said.  I think I am beginning to see a clearer picture as to why the far left hate our President so.  Sad
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:06:15 am by Ben Framed »

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2019, 10:26:52 am »
I think slavery was stopped to enforce the constitution, not change it. Show me where it says slavery is legal in it.

PS. Slavery was side effect of the civil war. Control by the north, taxes, and exuberant prices was the main reason for the war.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2019, 08:19:12 pm »
Many of them should be considered unconstitutional especially when they over-ride the will of the states.
Yes, by all means we should go back to slavery because some states were over-ridden!  :rolleyes:

How could you suggest or bring up such a thing?  I did not know you harbored such sentiments and feeling of this train of thought. I should not be surprised, the Democrats were, and are (apparently) even still, the party of slavery? Once again concurring what Mr Trump said.  I think I am beginning to see a clearer picture as to why the far left hate our President so.  Sad

Well Ace, you did not reply back. I was hoping to strike up a good debate with you. I hope I didn't make you mad as I was being sarcastic. I really do not for a minute, believe you really feel that way about slavery... Blessing

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2019, 09:41:46 am »
Ben, I am busy.  I can't respond immediately to every post.  The emoji at the end of my comment " :rolleyes:" denotes sarcasm.
The only slavery I believe in would be used in a correctional system where the inmate refused to work for his/her keep.  I feel the only way to rehabilitate a criminal is to teach them the value of work.  Life in a correctional system should be harder not easier then it is on the outside.  Of course I do not believe in abuse or corruption within the system.
If this belief would be considered a Democrat then so be it.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2019, 11:30:40 am »
Ben, I am busy.  I can't respond immediately to every post.  The emoji at the end of my comment " :rolleyes:" denotes sarcasm.
The only slavery I believe in would be used in a correctional system where the inmate refused to work for his/her keep.  I feel the only way to rehabilitate a criminal is to teach them the value of work.  Life in a correctional system should be harder not easier then it is on the outside.  Of course I do not believe in abuse or corruption within the system.
If this belief would be considered a Democrat then so be it.

The glasses emoji, when touched by my Mac computer on the image responds (rolleyes). As far as working the prisoners, I fully agree.. Here in Mississippi, that is exactly what the prisoners were expected to do and did. Just like the movie O Brother Where Art Thou. Parchman Prison, is close to neighboring  Drew Mississippi, the childhood hometown of Archie Manning. The prison is broken up into (camps) which are spread over a vast portion of some of the best Mississippi Delta Farmland in the State. Up until a time, the work on this prison farm was done by the prisoners. Proceeds as I understand it, were used for the upkeep of the prison, therefore easing the burden of the taxpayer of housing the prisoners. Unfortunately, the politicians of a few years gone by decided that to make the prisoners work was cruel. I do not know what party they belonged to. Dem or Rep. I am of the opinion that if a lawbreaker is sentenced to a prison he or she should learn to work. Be it Jim, Joe, or a politician. Rich or poor. Equal justice for all. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:45:15 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 09:53:59 am »
Hey, full agreement.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2019, 09:44:51 am »
>1789, JAMES Madison submitted 12 amendments, though only 10 and our first 10 were passed. 1791 as the Bill of Rights.

Many of the States only ratified the constitution contingent on the promise that the Bill of Rights would be added to it, and then it was.  So while it wasn't finalized yet, it was a forgone conclusion that those ammendments were going to happen.  If not then the States that had specified that condition would have seceded.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin