Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: OH! Those non-racist dems.  (Read 122 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
OH! Those non-racist dems.
« on: September 29, 2019, 07:49:11 am »
Democrat presidential candidates were quick to respond to the Texas shootings.

Senator Kamala Harris: "Keeping the Midland and Odessa community and the victims in my thoughts and prayers? America is sick of this. We need to act."
    Senator Elizabeth Warren: We've already lost far too many to gun violence?Congress must act now."
    South Bend (Ind.) Mayor Pete Buttigieg: "Texas, my heart is with you. America, we must act."
    Andrew Yang: ?My heart goes out to the families of the dead and wounded?We must do all we can to curb?gun violence in this country."
    Beto O?Rourke: ?Our hearts are with Midland, Odessa, and everyone in West Texas?We need to end this epidemic.?
    Julian Castro: ?Heartbreaking news out of Odessa and Midland, Texas.?

And let?s not forget candidate Cory Booker, D-N-J., whose response to the El Paso shootings was to blame President Trump for "sowing seeds of hatred in our country."

Given the rush to express sympathy and condemn gun violence after the violence in Texas, you would think that these same presidential candidates would also condemn the gun violence in Chicago where there have been over 200 shootings with 26 fatalities in just a few short months as noted above.

As far as I know, none of them have had any comments on the violence in Chicago and other urban areas ? not even the two black candidates ? Booker and Harris.

https://www.newsmax.com/clarencevmckee/odessa-shootings-race/2019/09/05/id/931432/
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline incognito

• House Bee
Re: OH! Those non-racist dems.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:37:14 am »
Given the rush to express sympathy and condemn gun violence after the violence in Texas, you would think that these same presidential candidates would also condemn the gun violence in Chicago where there have been over 200 shootings with 26 fatalities in just a few short months as noted above.
Not if they want to avoid highlighting that Chicago has been run by democrats since...forever.
The different rates of violence by different races in America is statistically significant. The Center for Disease Control publishes the statistics. Here is a link to a short article on the topic.

https://www.ncfr.org/ncfr-report/winter-2018/gun-violence-and-minority-experience
Tom

Online Ben Framed

• Super Bee
  • North Mississippi
Re: OH! Those non-racist dems.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:23:42 am »

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 12:20:10 am by Ben Framed »