Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just How Fast Can a Bee Really Fly?  (Read 425 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
Just How Fast Can a Bee Really Fly?
« on: September 22, 2019, 02:21:10 pm »
I was sitting here on this nice Sunday morning with my family enjoying Dr J Vernon McGee and  his September 20th Bible teaching. We have a deck on the rear of our home and I have placed a water source there for my home apiary. The sun is shinning at just the right angle that I could see the bees coming and going through our 6' x4' picture window. What a blessing to listen to such wonderful teaching and have such a good view at the same time!
These busy bees fly at an amazing rate of speed for such a tiny creature. After the message was over I just sit there a few minutes and diverted my attention to the bees and Gods Blessings. I wonder, Just how fast do bees fly?
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Just How Fast Can a Bee Really Fly?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 02:50:51 pm »
FASTER THAN A RIDING MOWER!!   :shocked:  :cheesy:

About 15 MPH.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline rockink

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 03:06:37 pm »

About 15 MPH.
Hahahahah!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 03:32:06 pm »

About 15 MPH.

Hahahaha!!! Iddee, you had me crying instantly - laughing so hard!  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 05:34:23 pm »
Bees can fly faster than I could run as a 8-9 year old kid.  With a sling shot, I shot a hive with a rock at a distance of 50 yards.  Not a good idea, I found out.  The guard bees easily targeted me.  Lesson learned.

Phil, you have a 6X4 window, single window, that is huge?  In Montana I had a house built with 4X7 window but made of 3 separate windows.  That was a beast to pick up as all 3 were molded into a single frame, Although 3 separate double pane windows.  Two men could barely lift.

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Online Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 05:48:07 pm »
I don?t get to see it through the week because I?m at work but love watching them in the mid day. I can see them off my back porch zipping in and out. And hives are 80 yards or so from house. Then I like going down next to hives and watching what direction they are going. But yeah they can move fast.

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 07:09:48 pm »
 I always enjoy Dr. McGee's sermons.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 09:49:28 pm »

About 15 MPH.

AH HAA HAAA  :grin: Good one iddee!!!  Maybe faster than a riding lawnmower, but not as fast as you quick wit!!  :grin:

I always enjoy Dr. McGee's sermons.

Same here rast.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:09:26 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Online Ben Framed

• Galactic Bee
  • North Mississippi
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 10:32:02 pm »
Bees can fly faster than I could run as a 8-9 year old kid.  With a sling shot, I shot a hive with a rock at a distance of 50 yards.  Not a good idea, I found out.  The guard bees easily targeted me.  Lesson learned.

Phil, you have a 6X4 window, single window, that is huge?  In Montana I had a house built with 4X7 window but made of 3 separate windows.  That was a beast to pick up as all 3 were molded into a single frame, Although 3 separate double pane windows.  Two men could barely lift.

Van

Yes Sir Mr Van, double paned and a one piece frame. It is 6 feet horizontally and 4 feet vertically. I did not put it in, and wasn't here when the professionals did.  Back a few years ago, when I was home hurt, there a beautiful red bird that would try and get in. It would fly up and down against the pane, take a break, fly away, and back from time to time and same thing again. It was not a cardinal as it had a smooth feathered head, unlike the cardinal. I had not seen the same type here before.  Another one of Gods' Gifts!
Phillip